• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is Methylphenidate Cold Water Extraction possible?

Fellowed

Bluelighter
I'm prescribed MPH but only use it for functional purposes, however I have many friends you who love to take them at the weekend. The only issue is that they find it causes coughs and chest pain and their lungs feel like they're full of talc powder.

Is CWE possible with this substance or is it more complicated then that?

Thank you

Last edited:
I mean...what would you be trying to remove? The only CWEs that I am aware of are to remove NSAIDs from opioid medications. And I am unaware of any methylphenidate med that contains any other active material.

He's probably trying to remove the binders/fillers used in the pills to make it more suitable for snorting.

I'm not entirely sure of the answer though, although i've been wondering as well.

you would need to extract the MPH from a whole bunch of pills all at once for it to be worth it, considering that MPH doses are very small - i suppose you're not doing anything over 50mg -, so it wouldn't be doable with like 3 or 4 pills. not really necessay unless you're doing MPH all day every day

also, the chest pains are probably related to the MPH itself - lots of stimulants cause that - not the binder and fillers in the pills. the feeling as if their chests are full of powder is probably psychological too... realize that the powder gets stuck in your nose

if it makes you uncomfortable snorting well then eat it