• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is meth starting to take its hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hh95

Bluelighter
Hey guys.
Recently I have been dabbling in abit of Meth. Ever since I was young I have always been a straight up pothead, but since ive moved away weed here is very VERY scarce. Meth on the other hand is everywhere. Literally I live in a tiny town that has maybe 800-1200 people living here but Meth is at epidemic levels. Mainly because of the mining industry in West Australia everyone has drug tests almost daily so they need a high that doesn't stay in the system too long. Anyways, ive done it before and I did like it but always just stuck with my buds. Lately though I have been bud deprived so ive been getting on the Ice with some mates ive met recently. I have been struggling with depression and anxiety for awhile now (I think weed caused that) and i sortve like how the ice just numbs everything and makes me forget. But lately ive been going on some benders and ive found that in the start i would always "chase" the high but once i comedown i was fine and didn't think much of it afterwards. Lately though ive started too think about it and almost want it even when im sober. Its not over powering or extreme cravings just a thought that once its in my head I have trouble erasing it from my head. Just the last 3 days i have been on a bender and have not sleeped a wink. I guess i sortve feel im starting too lose control of it and starting too form an addiction. Is there any advice you guys can give me about trying to just keep it recreational. I would like to hear from people in particular who have used it on a recreational basis for awhile but believe theyre not addicted. I would like to continue using it but just keep it recreationally but im not even sure if that's possible. The thing that gets me too is this has all happened sooo quickly. Seriously it feels like a week ago i had only done it a handful of times. The other thing i wanna put in is i smoke it and i think that maybe its the pipe im getting addicted to, i mean ive heard the term before and thought what the hell but now im starting to get it... cant beat the feeling of that twirl going down. Perhaps maybe another ROA?

Like always cheers Bluelighters :)

Yes. You're very clearly becoming addicted, if not already there. Another ROA could help a bit.. if you switched to a less addicting and compulsive one like oral administration or plugging perhaps, but you're still doing meth, and on the path you're currently on, I think you already know the answer to your question... if you have to ask if you're an addict, there's a good chance you are..

I certainly don't think I have a serious addiction... yet. However, I certainly don't doubt im well on my way. I guess the question is because there are no other drugs too pick from besides the occasional acid tab or eccy. And life sober certainly sucks. Im just asking if there is anyone who can give me advice on how to keep it a recreational thing and not a problem... or if its even possible? I guess your right maybe another ROA but im not gonna lie I really REALLY like the instant smack in the head. Maybe another smoking technique that's not out of a bulb, or pipe because I think the problem is my pipe. I can spend hours just tweaking out playing with it almost. Melting all the residue, not to mention its convenient to just melt it and save it for later. Its almost like meth is too good to be true, but it is true.

Did marijuana cause the anxiety/depression or you used mj to deal with a pre-existing condition that allowed you to "escape"? If you simply need an escape from time to time and the class of drug doesn't matter I would look for something less addictive/functional personally. I know people who quit smoking cigarettes and had to have something in their mouth while driving initially due to the same circumstances. I'm not so sure a lollipop would fill the void in this case though.

Hey guys.
Recently I have been dabbling in abit of Meth. Ever since I was young I have always been a straight up pothead, but since ive moved away weed here is very VERY scarce. Meth on the other hand is everywhere. Literally I live in a tiny town that has maybe 800-1200 people living here but Meth is at epidemic levels. Mainly because of the mining industry in West Australia everyone has drug tests almost daily so they need a high that doesn't stay in the system too long. Anyways, ive done it before and I did like it but always just stuck with my buds. Lately though I have been bud deprived so ive been getting on the Ice with some mates ive met recently. I have been struggling with depression and anxiety for awhile now (I think weed caused that) and i sortve like how the ice just numbs everything and makes me forget. But lately ive been going on some benders and ive found that in the start i would always "chase" the high but once i comedown i was fine and didn't think much of it afterwards. Lately though ive started too think about it and almost want it even when im sober. Its not over powering or extreme cravings just a thought that once its in my head I have trouble erasing it from my head. Just the last 3 days i have been on a bender and have not sleeped a wink. I guess i sortve feel im starting too lose control of it and starting too form an addiction. Is there any advice you guys can give me about trying to just keep it recreational. I would like to hear from people in particular who have used it on a recreational basis for awhile but believe theyre not addicted. I would like to continue using it but just keep it recreationally but im not even sure if that's possible. The thing that gets me too is this has all happened sooo quickly. Seriously it feels like a week ago i had only done it a handful of times. The other thing i wanna put in is i smoke it and i think that maybe its the pipe im getting addicted to, i mean ive heard the term before and thought what the hell but now im starting to get it... cant beat the feeling of that twirl going down. Perhaps maybe another ROA?

Like always cheers Bluelighters :)

I come from Meth capital of Cali. I know. They actually do studies here cause this town has 4th generation meth addicts so they have programs that pay to see the effects of generations of meth in people...

I fucked around off and on....so I know. Haven't done it in over a year and won't ever again!

Here is the thing....the come down isn't bad cause your getting good dope! :) bad shit (especially if it's produced using shitty pills and red phosphorus method) has a fucked up come down. In Oz you get GOOD chemicals from your buddies to the NORTH China/N.Korea so your dope is screaming! You are getting "sucked in" especially once you start thinking about it more and more...That's what it does. It's perfect for "tweakin' for the weekend" but when tuesday/weds. hits...boy that friday is looking fantastic. You can't wait! "Fuck when is this week over" that's the nature. You have a strong miind I can tell just by the way you "noticed" a slow "Psst over hear" feeling. Dope makes Depression WORSE! not at the time when tweaking but the few days after. That's what it does...

Think of it like this. Your mind is used to dial-up internet speed...When tweaking...Your on a T-1 connection or Blu-Tooth "Zing" your there...Once your mind/body gets used to that high speed setting, you can't go back to dial-up...It fuckin' sucks. Or like having a TracFone then getting an I-phone 5 for 8 months then going back to the tracfone...It's frustrating annoying and just sucks! Thats where your at in this point of Amphetimines. Either you "permenantly" T-1 connect or go back to the stone age and be comfortable with dial-up...You can do it.

Yes. You're very clearly becoming addicted, if not already there. Another ROA could help a bit.. if you switched to a less addicting and compulsive one like oral administration or plugging perhaps, but you're still doing meth, and on the path you're currently on, I think you already know the answer to your question... if you have to ask if you're an addict, there's a good chance you are..

Plugging???? DaFuq (not the physical act of doing that ROA) but godamn might as well just give him a syringe and bypass the "checking the oil" daily routine...Plugging is the closest you can get to a syringe...Technically the "cleanest" ROA of meth is injection...Use a brand new needle EVERYTIME don't use one even twice. and hit from the elbow down (after you clean the area with alcohol)

If your gonna give him the gun might as well give him the Ammo and a gun safety class first! 8)

Did marijuana cause the anxiety/depression or you used mj to deal with a pre-existing condition that allowed you to "escape"? If you simply need an escape from time to time and the class of drug doesn't matter I would look for something less addictive/functional personally. I know people who quit smoking cigarettes and had to have something in their mouth while driving initially due to the same circumstances. I'm not so sure a lollipop would fill the void in this case though.
Yeh I think it was pre existing I just didn't notice it because I was stoned literally all the time. I only noticed I had depression when I had no choice to give up weed because I didn't get it which was when I "turned to meth" so to speak. It is definitely an escape for me when I do it by myself and also a social thing as like all us tweakers we could talk the ears off a radio host.

I come from Meth capital of Cali. I know. They actually do studies here cause this town has 4th generation meth addicts so they have programs that pay to see the effects of generations of meth in people...

I fucked around off and on....so I know. Haven't done it in over a year and won't ever again!

Here is the thing....the come down isn't bad cause your getting good dope! :) bad shit (especially if it's produced using shitty pills and red phosphorus method) has a fucked up come down. In Oz you get GOOD chemicals from your buddies to the NORTH China/N.Korea so your dope is screaming! You are getting "sucked in" especially once you start thinking about it more and more...That's what it does. It's perfect for "tweakin' for the weekend" but when tuesday/weds. hits...boy that friday is looking fantastic. You can't wait! "Fuck when is this week over" that's the nature. You have a strong miind I can tell just by the way you "noticed" a slow "Psst over hear" feeling. Dope makes Depression WORSE! not at the time when tweaking but the few days after. That's what it does...

Think of it like this. Your mind is used to dial-up internet speed...When tweaking...Your on a T-1 connection or Blu-Tooth "Zing" your there...Once your mind/body gets used to that high speed setting, you can't go back to dial-up...It fuckin' sucks. Or like having a TracFone then getting an I-phone 5 for 8 months then going back to the tracfone...It's frustrating annoying and just sucks! Thats where your at in this point of Amphetimines. Either you "permenantly" T-1 connect or go back to the stone age and be comfortable with dial-up...You can do it.
I can definitely agree with you there. It is always fucking PRIMO gear. Always. HUGE see through rocks that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from glass, that made the proper way with Phenyl-2-Propanone and Methylamine. In large amounts has a bluey purple tinge to it. And your right again it is almost always from Asia. Barely ever get clandestine shit here ever. Which is why Meth is becoming such a problem in OZ particularly in North West Australia. And your right I am an intelligent strong minded person (not your typical drug user) and will certainly give it my absolute all not to become addicted. The problem is it is so readily available. I think I might "Change my contract back to dial-up" so to speak aka quit for good because it is just not worth the problems it causes. But I am still curious as to whether anyone has managed to do it for a decent period of time without becoming addicted? [

QUOTE=Pupils;12343580]Plugging???? DaFuq (not the physical act of doing that ROA) but godamn might as well just give him a syringe and bypass the "checking the oil" daily routine...Plugging is the closest you can get to a syringe...Technically the "cleanest" ROA of meth is injection...Use a brand new needle EVERYTIME don't use one even twice. and hit from the elbow down (after you clean the area with alcohol)

If your gonna give him the gun might as well give him the Ammo and a gun safety class first! 8)[/QUOTE]
I have no intention of shooting man, a couple of mates do and too me its just pure filth if you ask me. I don't judge people for it. Also on the plugging thing, I am quiet the Homophobe personally (don't hate cant help it) and as far as im concerned its off limits. Got this chick I was fucking ages ago too plug an eccy for me we I wanted to try it because I saw how quickly it fucked my mates up and thought fuck it but still couldn't do it myself... she took it more as an opportunity to stick her finger as far up my arse as possible as I had been a bit of a cunt all day to her. I couldn't really get her back either coz she fucking loved it in the ass.

Haha failed that quote

Wow...Prop Dope! That hasn't been seen here in fuck atleast 18 years! And even then only a certain Outlaw Motorcycle club known worldwide had it! People around here would literally kill for a teener of that shit....or sell themselves for it! That shit is Legend amongst "old skool" tweekers/bikers. Get Away! Its hard if everyone is doing it and fucking hard to grow herb or whatnot...Here in Cali I found a gram of chronic at the drug store in the candy aisle a month ago! and it was bomb! gave it to a friend....anyway that "Ice" as you Aussie's call it is the "Devil's Dandruff" serious. People would go APESHIT if they got their grimey little copper wire stealing hands on it. WARNING...Serious shit!

But I am still curious as to whether anyone has managed to do it for a decent period of time without becoming addicted?

NO..NO...NO!!!!!

Impossible. Trust me on this (I know you don't know me or even want to) but "IF" I was right on the Prop Dope (which I was w/ out you telling) then that "should" show you I know just a "little" about this shit. I'm not being a "Know it all" or "one upper" but I do know the effects of this shit...Personally & with family/friends/Co-workers even Cops!

It is IMPOSSSIBLE to do dope 2-3 times a month and not increase your dose/level or increase the days you do it a month. IMPOSSIBLE!

*friendly words of advice
:)

It is IMPOSSSIBLE to do dope 2-3 times a month and not increase your dose/level or increase the days you do it a month. IMPOSSIBLE!

*friendly words of advice [/COLOR]:)

Completely not impossible. I've been doing it max one dose once a week for the past 6 months or so. Still at around 100mg for a good long lasting high. I will admit I did do a 3-day binge with eating and sleeping at night in between. Not my thing and thats why I took a good 3 week break after those shinanigans. In the past month I tried smoking it, and as the OP said, its the addiction to the pipe. I actually don't even get that good of a high from smoking but its just the act of smoking that is addicting. My advice OP, definitely try plugging. Lasts longer, stronger higher than smoking, and you get a completely different rush once you push the plunger in. Comedown is almost non-existent. Setting up for a plug is more of a ritual, instead of an addiction like smoking. After you get over the fact that something smaller than your pinky is going only about an inch inside you, you'll love it for sure.

I scratch my original post. I am definitely addicted. I had an epiphany as I walked home just then...
I literally walked about 2.5km (about 1.8 miles) each way through an intense lightning storm (off topic but seriously Western Australia takes the cake of most spectacular thunderstorms it is LEGIT like daylight at night because there is nonstop lightning not to mention the rain. Seriously look up Western Australia weather in particular the Pilbara (my "county") crazy this place is but beautiful at the same time)... anyways yeh walked all that way just to get on. That's when it hit me. I am addicted I wouldn't of done that for weed. But I will for abit of Ice? Defo addicted I think. Might have to think about what im gonna do to get off this. Probably gonna be harder than I first thought.

NO..NO...NO!!!!!

Impossible. Trust me on this (I know you don't know me or even want to) but "IF" I was right on the Prop Dope (which I was w/ out you telling) then that "should" show you I know just a "little" about this shit. I'm not being a "Know it all" or "one upper" but I do know the effects of this shit...Personally & with family/friends/Co-workers even Cops!

*friendly words of advice [/COLOR]:)

Oh no man, I respect you and your advice, even though I don't know you, you definitely know your shit. You don't come across as condescending either, particularly when you are giving me good healthy advice at a critical point of my life. Oh and I've heard about the "blue meth" that used to go around in the US and I think it was even on some popular tv show Breaking Bad or something never watched it. And I watched the news the other day and it was saying how the Meth the police are seizing is anywhere from 89% - 98% pure d-methamphetamine. Im not sure if you know this but Western Australia is also the biggest exporter of Iron Ore... Our 4 biggest customers... China, Malaysia and N. Korea. And the particular town I live in is the 2nd biggest port in the world (about to be the first). There are ships coming ONLY from east Asia 24/7. There's a lot of places to hide shard in a huge ship, not to mention Australia's maritime border patrol is absolutely hopeless. And as you said, people would literally kill for that in the US because its so god damn powerful. I have never had a stimulant like the ice we get here. Ever.

Well I've never had the legendary east Asian meth, but I have had the shitty rural USA meth. Where I used to live, it was definitely the easiest drug to acquire (besides marijuana of course)...all you needed to do was send a text message and it would be delivered straight to your door. And despite the fact that they probably cut it with battery acid and rat poison, it was definitely meth...I can't think of any other way that tweakers would be cranking on it for 10+ days. The ease of accessibility plus the power of the drug definitely makes me see how it's enticing, but it's a shitty drug I think. All I do is feel super awake and alert for a few days straight, followed by days of depression and feelings of shame. Thankfully I've never pushed myself into the "hallucination stage" of meth use.

That's without even going into the drug scene surrounding meth, which is one of the worst IMO. I've had some direct contact with other hard drug scenes, notably heroin, and none were as bad as meth. Methamphetamine addicts are unbelievably annoying and when they've been up for five or more days and are just running on meth & adrenaline, it's basically impossible to hold a conversation or even be in the general vicinity as them. They all believe that they're the target of some conspiracy against them, either from other tweakers or from the law. The meth trade in my area is essentially run by drug addicts, too, which makes it especially volatile and sketchy. Drug dealers in other areas of the USA I've lived would almost always be drug users of course, but often times they'd just smoke some weed and drink, and wouldn't dabble too much in the harder merchandise, while if you buy meth up here it's probably from some babbling tweaker in a dirty trailer who's strung out on crystal meth & synthetic weed.

And your right I am an intelligent strong minded person (not your typical drug user)

I've often thought this about myself too, but I'm not sure that it's a correct opinion, at least about myself. I don't know you obviously, but I think that a lot of people fall into this trap where they do a whole laundry list of addictive substances that often ensnare people, and they'll be able to do these substances recreationally which leads to this mindset of thinking that you're above all the lowly drug addicts. That's how I felt anyway, at one point in my life. Addiction to drugs kind of crept into my life without me even realizing it unfortunately.

I scratch my original post. I am definitely addicted. I had an epiphany as I walked home just then...
I literally walked about 2.5km (about 1.8 miles) each way through an intense lightning storm (off topic but seriously Western Australia takes the cake of most spectacular thunderstorms it is LEGIT like daylight at night because there is nonstop lightning not to mention the rain. Seriously look up Western Australia weather in particular the Pilbara (my "county") crazy this place is but beautiful at the same time)... anyways yeh walked all that way just to get on. That's when it hit me. I am addicted I wouldn't of done that for weed. But I will for abit of Ice? Defo addicted I think. Might have to think about what im gonna do to get off this. Probably gonna be harder than I first thought.

Oh no man, I respect you and your advice, even though I don't know you, you definitely know your shit. You don't come across as condescending either, particularly when you are giving me good healthy advice at a critical point of my life. Oh and I've heard about the "blue meth" that used to go around in the US and I think it was even on some popular tv show Breaking Bad or something never watched it. And I watched the news the other day and it was saying how the Meth the police are seizing is anywhere from 89% - 98% pure d-methamphetamine. Im not sure if you know this but Western Australia is also the biggest exporter of Iron Ore... Our 4 biggest customers... China, Malaysia and N. Korea. And the particular town I live in is the 2nd biggest port in the world (about to be the first). There are ships coming ONLY from east Asia 24/7. There's a lot of places to hide shard in a huge ship, not to mention Australia's maritime border patrol is absolutely hopeless. And as you said, people would literally kill for that in the US because its so god damn powerful. I have never had a stimulant like the ice we get here. Ever.

I would walk in one of those storms just for the experience of being in one...:D

I wish you the best quality of life...you won't have it (for long anyways) being on ice (it's hard for me to refer to it as "ice" from being in the U.S.) I call it "dope". Being in a small population w/ not much to do & majority of the population doing it. The future doesn't look to promising :(

not getting all negative nancy on you...just the odds at this point are NOT in your favor. When I was using regularly (years ago) I rode my bike 6-7 mile one way in 107 degree heat for a bowl load. Would I have done that for even 3 grams of weed? HELL NO! I really do want to experience one of those gnarly electric storms though!

To the OP.
I'm Aussie and get great stuff and have used for about 9 years and kept it under control until early last year when I went through a rough patch and got a habit. Now I use it every few days and while I don't like using it daily and don't go more than a few nights but if I have more than a week off I start fiending. It starts off exactly how you said, you will think about it more and more until you need it and Imo smoking is more addictive than injecting though this is strictly the case with meth. With heroin & coke injecting is by far the most addictive.

Oh and plugging has nothing to do with being gay, does shitting have anything to do with being gay? Sorry but I'm gay and you choose to be homophobic, saying it's not your fault is completely retarded. I've definitely noticed that most homophobes have deep seeded issues yet people who are comfortable with themselves and aren't homophobic are usually the ones that are least likely to be gay.

not judging anyone here or elsewhere,
but i abhor meth, every aspect of it.
and imho.... amyone that puts this garbage into their bodies has to have the IQ equal to room temperature..
each time a user partakes they do permenant damage to their brain causing noticeable cognitive impairment..
I have made it clear to all that knows me not to bring that demon into my home on them or in them.. anytime i learn of an aquaintance that has used it EVEN ONCE, they are no longer welcome in my home or presense..
I dont keep company with morons..
anyone reading this, if you have made the choice to use this evil trash... kiss your life goodbye... you fail....

perhaps that was judgemental, but maybe my words will make a potential user to think twice.
its garbage.... there is no controlling it.
btw... i have been exposed to and around drugs and the drug culture for over 40 years.
that is to say... i might know what im talki.g about.... please dont use this demonic trash.

I went a year using it "recreationally." I was like you, I totally thought I could keep it under control. I couldn't. Even prior to getting addicted, it all progressed and a steady pace. Have you done things you weren't gonna do regarding drugs? Have you used when you said you wouldn't? There some questions you can ask yourself if your wondering wether your an addict..

I personally don't think you are "addicted addicted" yet but it is the BEGINNING of becoming addicted. I'm a meth addict and unfortunately for me, I was addicted from the first hit I ever took. Man, I wish you the best of luck because meth addiction is a terrible thing. It steals your soul.

There's one sure way to find out if it's taking you over: just quit using and see how bad your Jones is.

Everyone's experience is their own, but I personally have never had any problem putting the pipe down and taking a walk.

I hear these horror stories of incessant cravings that can't be controlled, I've heard about and seen the before/after photos of people picking their skin until they become monstrous as we all have, heard about the psychosis people develop, and IDK...that just hasn't been my experience. Maybe It's because I take antidepressants, which could effect my dopamine production, or part of it could be nothing more than I totally avoid the tweaker lifestyle. I don't hang with tweakers I don't party with tweakers...most of the ones I've met I wouldn't let thru my front door. I dont do marathon binges where I'm up for 5 days straight. I will usually stay up all night and the next day and into that night, and then crash.

I usually miss the regimine of it more than anything...the ritual. Loading the bowl, watching the meltdown, twirling the pipe, exhaling and rating the hit I took, listening to the sizzle when I cool the bowl...I think I miss that more than the actual dope itself. Makes it seem like I'm doing something interesting. But the feeling just gets old after awhile and I'm ready to return to my truest true love, the opis'.

When it comes to Meth, for me, it's like any other annoying habit; biting your nails, having a lead foot and driving too fast...there's no magic to it: you quit by quitting. You stomp the pipe, throw it in the trash and walk away. But I know it doesn't work that way for a lot of people, and that really makes me sad, because I'm usually pretty toasty after a few weeks and way ready for a break. I can't imagine doing that shit daily for years...yeesh. I just hope it goes well for you, if you ever need an ear (as long as it's not tweaky babble) I would be happy to help in whatever small way I can

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.