• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Is marquis still best test for mdma

Iamnotahorse

Greenlighter
Got some old lying around seen the thread about how to test whether its still good but is it still the easiest home pill testing option?

If you have "old" marquis lying around then it's very unlikely to still be active. Reagents last about a year.

Even if it's fresh, using a single reagent isn't really enough for testing a substance as it will have too many blind spots. I recommend combining a minimum of two, ideally three. In all honesty it doesn't totally matter which ones you use when you have three because the blind spots of each one are so likely to be covered by at least one of the two others. For testing ketamine and cocaine you would want to have the liebermann reagent at least of one of your three.

The froehde reagent has the longest shelf life (can reach 2 years) and is sold as a part of many MDMA testing multipacks - buying a few together usually gets a better deal, too.

If you have "old" marquis lying around then it's very unlikely to still be active. Reagents last about a year.

Even if it's fresh, using a single reagent isn't really enough for testing a substance as it will have too many blind spots. I recommend combining a minimum of two, ideally three. In all honesty it doesn't totally matter which ones you use when you have three because the blind spots of each one are so likely to be covered by at least one of the two others. For testing ketamine and cocaine you would want to have the liebermann reagent at least of one of your three.

The froehde reagent has the longest shelf life (can reach 2 years) and is sold as a part of many MDMA testing multipacks - buying a few together usually gets a better deal, too.

I leave my full test kit in the freezer, it never expires. It gets weaker over time sure, but it always works.

I use Marquis, Mecke, and Froehde. If youv a keen eye you can spot the diff between MDMA/MDA. Simons is also available from i believe bunkpolice that distinguishes between MDMA and MDA.

The issue with testing MDMA with reagents is that MDMA has such a dark reaction, and there arent any reagents you use for adulterants that MDMA doesnt react with. So this leads to, for example, the near-black overpowering the yellow signifying you also have some N-ethylnorpentylone or similar cath/pyro in there. iirc you cant distinguish apb easily either. Use good lighting / daylight bulb, and try to catch other hues that should not be present even in the process of your main reaction.

The liebermann reagent also has slightly different reactions for MDA vs MDMA if you need to distinguish those two, but MDA is super rare in europe unless you're paying extra for it.