• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Conspiracies Is March 4th the day that Trump gets inaugurated?

dalpat077

Bluelighter
I've been unable to respond to the military posts until now. Sorry.

Just to be clear:

I'm not advocating a full on world war. In the context of my first post made on this thread (somehow we went off topic and to the military complex) (go figure) all I was trying to say (in different words I guess) was that somehow we've (let's say the superpowers) ended up in a situation where it's big big business and that involves a lot of money and a whole lot of people. It's not like countries are building their own weapons for their own protection and stopping there (at their own borders type of thing). It's big business supplying this shit to their mates or allies. It's like that Pandora's Box type thing. While I absolutely HATE referring to a Hollywood movie in order to make a point: in this case I cannot help but recall an old movie called "Lord Of War" with Nicholas Cage (2005). If nothing else: such reference keeps this paragraph short! 🤣

On a small side note: let's not forget what turned Germany's fortunes around before WWII.

Anyway. On a lighter note: I also missed the inauguration parade? You sure they had the right year? 🤣 I think my friend @Psycho_Logic is onto something there re: the Mayan Calendar maybe.

My money would be on 2112. Only because there's a classic Rush album by the same title (but ironically the theme being that just about everyone had been wiped out by that time and then somebody found a guitar lying around and didn't know what it was) (long story). All I know is that thank FUCK I'll not be around. Mind you: neither will Trump. So there's that! :)

Iceman1216

Bluelighter
Highly underrated, imo.
I second this!
Of all the good things that capitalism, can create and produce, Weapons are Not one of them!! The USA has 400,000,000 Known weapons. That is 50-60 million More than we have citizens of our country {Really WTF??} Very sad, but understandable that we do not keep Public track of All the weapons that we have sold or just gave away to other's !?!
Self protection is a basic instinct , for all animals, but I do have concerns as we continue to escalate our means of self protection, with more and more deadly weapons, our species becomes very vunerable!/ I do not feel that weapons production should be driven by For profit enterprises.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Looks like not. I wonder how long this Qanon shit is going to be in popular media. It's really insane.
Yeah listen up. I've been wondering the same thing myself. Scary part is what is the agenda? There has to be one surely. Otherwise it is simply just as you say i.e. insane. I mean even if you took an absolute worst case scenario e.g. it was discovered and proved that both Biden and Harris were reptiles or something! Even with the little bit of knowledge that I have (thanks to last year's political discussions and the elections) there's all of that pesky legislation (being sarcastic for the record) that adequately covers the little issue of the presidential line of succession. And as things stand now (just looked and two minutes of my life I'll never get back) there's not one Republican in line! Let alone President Trump! :unsure:

Mind you. There's a fair number that side, from what I gather, that don't know the difference between "travelling" and "driving". Funny thing is: when I first came across that shit I thought it was just individuals that were looking to sidestep law enforcement or get out of a jam should the need arise. I'm no longer sure about that i.e. some truly do seem to believe in the Sovereign Citizen Movement (official notice to them, that they're misguided in their beliefs, sometimes being served up by a Belgian Malinois or German Shepherd) (but always with a broken window)! 🤣 These maybe the same people? Dunno. All very confusing.

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: DC, F&TV, PD
Staff member
Q-anon just makes me think of Star Trek: TNG

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: DC, TDS, NSADD
Staff member
Yeah listen up. I've been wondering the same thing myself. Scary part is what is the agenda? There has to be one surely. Otherwise it is simply just as you say i.e. insane. I mean even if you took an absolute worst case scenario e.g. it was discovered and proved that both Biden and Harris were reptiles or something! Even with the little bit of knowledge that I have (thanks to last year's political discussions and the elections) there's all of that pesky legislation (being sarcastic for the record) that adequately covers the little issue of the presidential line of succession. And as things stand now (just looked and two minutes of my life I'll never get back) there's not one Republican in line! Let alone President Trump! :unsure:

Mind you. There's a fair number that side, from what I gather, that don't know the difference between "travelling" and "driving". Funny thing is: when I first came across that shit I thought it was just individuals that were looking to sidestep law enforcement or get out of a jam should the need arise. I'm no longer sure about that i.e. some truly do seem believe in the Sovereign Citizen Movement (official notice to them, that they're misguided in their beliefs, sometimes being served up by a Belgian Malinois or German Shepherd) (but always with a broken window)! 🤣 These maybe the same people? Dunno. All very confusing.
Yeah, I mean most conspiracy theories have at least a shred of reality in them, but the whole Qanon intergalactic pedophile politicians thing is completely batshit.

It seems like the media is taking it way more seriously than other conspiracy theories.

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
Yeah, I mean most conspiracy theories have at least a shred of reality in them, but the whole Qanon intergalactic pedophile politicians thing is completely batshit.

It seems like the media is taking it way more seriously than other conspiracy theories.

Conspiracy theories that involve specific politicians being evil and suggesting the need for a war or some sort of violence or force, are more serious.

It's a lot more benign if you're just some retard who sells flat earth merchandise to other retards.

I remember being a kid and thinking how older people were so much more knowledgeable and more mature than kids, I remember being a teenager and essentially thinking the same thing. Then as an adult I finally realized. It's not an age thing. Smart people get smarter and learn more and get more mature, but retards are gonna retard their whole lives. Some people are in their 60s and still believe stupider shit than an 8 year old.

Iceman1216

Bluelighter
Conspiracy theories that involve specific politicians being evil and suggesting the need for a war or some sort of violence or force, are more serious.

It's a lot more benign if you're just some retard who sells flat earth merchandise to other retards.

I remember being a kid and thinking how older people were so much more knowledgeable and more mature than kids, I remember being a teenager and essentially thinking the same thing. Then as an adult I finally realized. It's not an age thing. Smart people get smarter and learn more and get more mature, but retards are gonna retard their whole lives. Some people are in their 60s and still believe stupider shit than an 8 year old.
Agreed, I have an 83 years old father who really is an Uninteligent man!! He feels left behind inthe current world, and rather try and learnwhat and where the world is going, He will sit in front of FOX news, or Worst and Fall deeper in to the rabbit hole of Denial!! It is sad, to watch, yet he is Not Alone??

Psycho_Logic

Bluelighter
Trying to find my self but unable so far.
Agreed, I have an 83 years old father who really is an Uninteligent man!! He feels left behind inthe current world, and rather try and learnwhat and where the world is going, He will sit in front of FOX news, or Worst and Fall deeper in to the rabbit hole of Denial!! It is sad, to watch, yet he is Not Alone??
For development (true learning) one of the major prerequisites are openness, flexibility and being able to change beliefs if you learn something new that is closer to truth than your current belief structure. All that takes courage and energy. It is painful to be really aware that you don't know and never will. Opening yourself to new ideas is frightening because if you find out something new that contradicts your current paradigm you can never go back. Yes, you can bullshit yourself and reject it but even then it will be a worm that is eating you up inside. It is painful to have your ideas/beliefs/views challenged and changed. It truly hurts sometimes if you learn something new. Especially if it's some unpleasant reality. Almost all true learning comes with pain as you have to give up previously held, and sometimes really comforting, ideas. When one is learning he is like a child - open to new input/experience and willing to try it out. It hurts when child is failing while trying to learn how to walk. It hurts when one is exercising in order to have bigger/stronger muscles. It hurts when you are training tennis and is very frightening to go on a tournament after all that time spent learning tennis. One knows that it is a real possibility that he will lose a match and find out that he has much more to learn. So true learning really is a painful process accompanied with constant uncertainty rather than (false sense of) security. It is a beautiful process just like forming of Havaii islands. Constantly changing ones inner territory by allowing new views to break through the thick crust of previous beliefs/views. But one needs to be comfortable with real pressure and look at the new knowledge when it brakes the crust. That way ones senses can get access to really fertile new grounds and information that is much more pure, so one can flourish. At the same time there is true uncomfortability that accompanies uncertainty, tremors and pressure of the new eruption and fresh information/knowledge flow that it brings. Burning ones old belief structure is a true possibility and it doesn't come pain free. Enough with volcano metafor. 🤣 Add to all that the energy needed for learning and it is pretty obvious why people generally prefer to hold old rigid beliefs and are not interested in learning. Sorry for the way I wrote it, I am under the influence of Etna volcano eruption and one that is building up in Iceland. 🙂

I see learning in this way:

Iceman1216

Bluelighter
For development (true learning) one of the major prerequisites are openness, flexibility and being able to change beliefs if you learn something new that is closer to truth than your current belief structure. All that takes courage and energy. It is painful to be really aware that you don't know and never will. Opening yourself to new ideas is frightening because if you find out something new that contradicts your current paradigm you can never go back. Yes, you can bullshit yourself and reject it but even then it will be a worm that is eating you up inside. It is painful to have your ideas/beliefs/views challenged and changed. It truly hurts sometimes if you learn something new. Especially if it's some unpleasant reality. Almost all true learning comes with pain as you have to give up previously held, and sometimes really comforting, ideas. When one is learning he is like a child - open to new input/experience and willing to try it out. It hurts when child is failing while trying to learn how to walk. It hurts when one is exercising in order to have bigger/stronger muscles. It hurts when you are training tennis and is very frightening to go on a tournament after all that time spent learning tennis. One knows that it is a real possibility that he will lose a match and find out that he has much more to learn. So true learning really is a painful process accompanied with constant uncertainty rather than (false sense of) security. It is a beautiful process just like forming of Havaii islands. Constantly changing ones inner territory by allowing new views to break through the thick crust of previous beliefs/views. But one needs to be comfortable with real pressure and look at the new knowledge when it brakes the crust. That way ones senses can get access to really fertile new grounds and information that is much more pure, so one can flourish. At the same time there is true uncomfortability that accompanies uncertainty, tremors and pressure of the new eruption and fresh information/knowledge flow that it brings. Burning ones old belief structure is a true possibility and it doesn't come pain free. Enough with volcano metafor. 🤣 Add to all that the energy needed for learning and it is pretty obvious why people generally prefer to hold old rigid beliefs and are not interested in learning. Sorry for the way I wrote it, I am under the influence of Etna volcano eruption and one that is building up in Iceland. 🙂

I see learning in this way:

Wow !! Thank you.
This response is fantastic and just what I need to hear!! This is so important for everyone to read. I have cut and pasted this in to my Useful Documents for recovery from Addiction. I cannot thank you enough. As an addict by definition I do not want or like pain. So growing up is hard work. The older I get the more I see the importance of the work ( Pain) to continue forward in life. I have lived a bit, and have a bit left God willing, So my actions are the tools that I use to get the Most out of it??
Life is Happening,
Its NOT happening TO ME
Thank you
ICE