• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Conspiracies Is March 4th the day that Trump gets inaugurated?

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
Oh and you know what I miss, I miss when a child could act like a little bitch and make a scene, and noone other than the people who were there and their friends would ever know.

And not have it risk being news on the other side of the globe too.

Psycho_Logic

Bluelighter
Trying to find my self but unable so far.
Besides, economies serve people, people don't serve economies
I hope that you don't get me the wrong way. I would like nothing more than scientific breakthroughs to go into making life better...technological innovations make life easier and more fulfilling... If somebody would map my beliefs, temperament and wishes I would come out pretty non authoritarian leftist.

But there is a flaw here. Economy serves only the people who are perpetuating the current model. If war was to stop USA economy would collapse due to currency being very much linked to oil and war. And even if that was not the case just look at the data from current pandemic. While world on the whole is suffering Bezos, Gates and such people are getting even richer. It is a sad truth that crisis are welcomed and supported by the "keepers of todays economy". There is a saying "Don't let the good crisis go to waste.". That pretty much sums it up in regards to economy and for whom it is working. I hope it changes but I am not so certain that it will in the near future cause previously stated reason - people who benefit from this kind of economic "order" are the same people who own the biggest guns. Again, I hope that I am ignorant and plain wrong. I hope that life will prove it otherwise, I really do. Cause you know, I like peace, freedom, prosperity and all that stuff. Peace. 🙂

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
I hope that you don't get me the wrong way. I would like nothing more than scientific breakthroughs to go into making life better...technological innovations make life easier and more fulfilling... If somebody would map my beliefs, temperament and wishes I would come out pretty non authoritarian leftist.

But there is a flaw here. Economy serves only the people who are perpetuating the current model. If war was to stop USA economy would collapse due to currency being very much linked to oil and war. And even if that was not the case just look at the data from current pandemic. While world on the whole is suffering Bezos, Gates and such people are getting even richer. It is a sad truth that crisis are welcomed and supported by the "keepers of todays economy". There is a saying "Don't let the good crisis go to waste.". That pretty much sums it up in regards to economy and for whom it is working. I hope it changes but I am not so certain that it will in the near future cause previously stated reason - people who benefit from this kind of economic "order" are the same people who own the biggest guns. Again, I hope that I am ignorant and plain wrong. I hope that life will prove it otherwise, I really do. Cause you know, I like peace, freedom, prosperity and all that stuff. Peace. 🙂

I don't agree. I see no reason the economy would collapse without war. I think it's all nonsense.

Psycho_Logic

Bluelighter
Would you agree that it would be very bad for USA to defund the military? What would happen if USA got rid of high tech employed in military purposes together with it's military nuclear arsenal? How long would USA even exists before invaded by one of the big players that would still have their "Ginghis Khans", "Napoleons", "Hitlers", (sorry @dalpat077 🤣 ) even "Putins" in their seats of power? I think not long. Unfortunately...

Last edited:

Psycho_Logic

Bluelighter
I don't want to spam but have to put this video. It is a video made by an American (video) journalists that worked for Vox. It is not Putins propaganda. I will really leave it at that. Everyone can have their own conclusion. I'm out. Sorry if I have wasted time or my stuff is ignorant. I am trying to be open and learn. When I will have something new to write I will write again. Until then...

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
Would you agree that it would be very bad for USA to defund the military? What would happen if USA got rid of high tech employed in military purposes together with it's military nuclear arsenal? How long would USA even exists before invaded by one of the big players that would still have their "Ginghis Khans", "Napoleons", "Hitlers" (sorry @dalpat077 🤣 ) , even "Putins" in their seats of power? I think not long. Unfortunately...

Right now? Today? I think it'd be insane to defund the military. Far from it I think we should be investing more.

But we are talking about a hypothetical future where long term peace and security is a sociological possibility.

Just cause it'd be crazy from a security perspective to reduce defense funding now doesn't mean it's impossible from an economic perspective to have societies without war.

Psycho_Logic

Bluelighter
we are talking about a hypothetical future
I am cheering for that future. I lived through the war. Seen many refugees that lost their homes and loved ones less than 50 miles from where I live. The city I live in was bombed multiple times. My sister barely made it alive from one. So I am all for peace. I hope we or our children/grandchildren live to see that kind of world a living reality. ❤

P.S. I really like how Johan Galtung thinks and acts. Look him up. I promise that it is worth it. :)

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
Alas I don't think it's possible.

The problem is... People forget.

I hasn't even been a hundred years and it's already plain to see that an enormous proportion of the population has forgotten the lessons of the last world war.

We wage terrible wars, humanity decides never to let it happen again, but then that generation dies out and we forget.

I mean we knew another pandemic was coming, we've known for decades but we barely did anything to prevent it.

We never prevent tragedy from happening. We let it happen, promise we will learn from it, and then we forget and let it happen again.

Which is why I don't believe in a world controlled by the rich and the powerful engaged in sophisticated conspiracies and machinations. Humans are far too stupid to conspire effectively.

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: DC, F&TV, PD
Staff member
In many countries of the world, those in power keep the military political and rule through it. And whoever controls the military will be in power.

That's not how it works in most western countries.
I always laugh when people imply the military is one with Trump.

Many of the top generals have publicly denounced him. On top of that, the military is made up of folks from all walks of life. Tathra was a freaking sniper in Iraq IIRC (God bless you Tath, miss ya <3) and he was the most pro-communism individual I've ever interacted with. On top of that, the Army itself is comprised primarily of non-white citizens, meaning they'd be hard pressed when asked to keep a white-supremacist in office.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Obviously it was not going to be, and hey, now another conspiracy theory goalpost has to be moved, which will further leach away the people who have decided to believe in it.

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
Obviously it was not going to be, and hey, now another conspiracy theory goalpost has to be moved, which will further leach away the people who have decided to believe in it.

I remember back when it was just gonna be trump winning the election.

It was gonna be a landslide, Biden didn't have a hope. Since they couldn't tolerate that their dear leader is a poor loser bitch, they had to decide there was massive fraud. It's really pathetic.

Four Mile Creek, St. Clair Township, Ohio
I remember back when it was just gonna be trump winning the election.

It was gonna be a landslide, Biden didn't have a hope. Since they couldn't tolerate that their dear leader is a poor loser bitch, they had to decide there was massive fraud. It's really pathetic.

There was massive fraud a full year or more before the first ballots were even cast (if you listened to Trump and co.) Trump was a sore winner after the 2016 election blaming the millions of illegal votes cast in that election that made him lose the popular vote. I wasn’t confused that a sore winner could be an even more sore loser. He said he would be and would only accept the results if he won.

I’m just grateful that we can soon move on from Donald Trump after today and I can forget about him finally and put him and his moronic followers on mute forever.

Btw, I’ve checked the news today, and so far I haven’t read anything about him being inaugurated today @8:00 pm EST.

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
That would be wonderful but it's wishful thinking I suspect. He'll just keep coming back like human herpes :confused:

I agree.

We probably won't get rid of him until he's dead.

You know, that might actually be a good thing.

Trump has sparked a very dangerous problem, a competent intelligent, yet very evil leader could take what he's started and turn it into something far worse.

But trump will never accept a trump substitute, so, in practice, as long as trumps alive the threat will remain contained by his incompetence and loserdom.

There could be a lot to gain by trumps idiot sycophantic followers letting him completely destroy the right.

Hes already lead them to an all way defeat. We were seriously looking at the possibility of the end of the republican party for a minute there. Such is how much of a winner trump is.

Burnt Offerings

Bluelighter
LOL that moment when Jackson shrugged and said "good genes" (in response to questions from journalists regarding how a physician could say that Trump was in good health and not obese) was one of my favorite Trump associate moments.