• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Conspiracies Is March 4th the day that Trump gets inaugurated?

dalpat077

Bluelighter
I just had a lateral thought!

Maybe he's going to be inaugurated on 4 March 2021 as The President of the Federal Republic of Texas! Does that count? 🤣

Only based on something I saw the other day is all. Texas always been big on the secession thing so far as I can tell. And but one of the reasons they ended up in shit with their utility power?

Listen. We've got blue, pink, and green dogs running around the Russian countryside and yellow penguins somewhere else apparently. Nothing would surprise me anymore! 🤣

Last edited:

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
Texas needs to stay in the union, as demographics change it'll eventually turn Democrat, and then we will get to watch as all the Republicans race onto the "electrical college is bad!" side, and all the democrats pretend the electoral college is great and always was!

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Oh but wait (cannot believe I actually went to the trouble of looking at this).

This QAnon (by the way) idea loosely based, apparently, on the Sovereign Citizen Movement. So on that score alone: I'm out (as if I wasn't already). Ever seen the general outcomes of anything based on the Sovereign Citizen Movement (especially when it comes to traffic violations i.e. some of the best shit on YouTube espcially when a K9 unit is involved)! 🤣

Based on the above though he would, in theory, become the 19th President of the United States of America!

Oh and for the record: apparently if it's not 4 March 2021 then it's 20 March 2021.

Psycho_Logic

Moderator: EADD
Staff member
Trying to find my self but unable so far.
Presidents (and all other executive functions) are chosen by military. In every society on this planet. Nobody rules without military support, whether lower ranking military personnel is aware of that or not. I believe that's one of the main reasons why Putin is so good at staying on top of a power game. In former Yugoslavia, after WW2, the same happened with Josip Broz Tito, and there are many examples all over the world at the moment. It is obvious that military complex (in general, including DoD, CIA, NSA, FBI..) in USA wasn't happy with Trumps behaviour so he didn't win another "elections". I think that people are delusional if they think there is any other choice except what leaders of military want to. Yes, there may be some superficial choices that are left to "democratic processes", but the main issues are decided by the folks with big guns. At least that's how I see the world. Or am I too biased cause I am extrapolating how "my part of the world" operates. Maybe in "western world" regular people are really in charge? Trump ain't coming back soon. If he changes his stance on waging open wars than maybe...if he lives long enough. But I doubt they will give him another show...

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
Presidents (and all other executive functions) are chosen by military. In every society on this planet. Nobody rules without military support, whether lower ranking military personnel is aware of that or not. I believe that's one of the main reasons why Putin is so good at staying on top of a power game. In former Yugoslavia, after WW2, the same happened with Josip Broz Tito, and there are many examples all over the world at the moment. It is obvious that military complex (in general, including DoD, CIA, NSA, FBI..) in USA wasn't happy with Trumps behaviour so he didn't win another "elections". I think that people are delusional if they think there is any other choice except what leaders of military want to. Yes, there may be some superficial choices that are left to "democratic processes", but the main issues are decided by the folks with big guns. At least that's how I see the world. Or am I too biased cause I am extrapolating how "my part of the world" operates. Maybe in "western world" regular people are really in charge? Trump ain't coming back soon. If he changes his stance on waging open wars than maybe...if he lives long enough. But I doubt they will give him another show...

I wouldn't go so far as to say "regular" people are in charge in a of all the western countries (although some get pretty close) But your general assertion of all leadership being via military is complete nonsense.

You're right, you're extrapolating and assuming how it works in some places is how it works everywhere.

It's not, and we just saw as much.

I heard from several people on this forum who seemed so sure that trump might hold on to power and insisted over and over that those of us who said the system would prevail, that the American system would succeed in preventing trump staying in office, were the ones who were naive.

Yet who turned out to be correct in the end?

In spite of us understanding that system far better, they didn't believe it because where they live leaders can defy supposed laws and stay in office through power, and so they think that's how it works everywhere else. It isn't.

In many countries of the world, those in power keep the military political and rule through it. And whoever controls the military will be in power.

That's not how it works in most western countries.

But people will believe whatever they want. And that's easy to do when your belief can't be falsified.

Last edited:

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
Oh and for the record: apparently if it's not 4 March 2021 then it's 20 March 2021

march the 4th will come and go and biden will be president as he won the election. then the goalposts will move and march the 20th will come and go and biden will be president as he won the election.

and the goalposts will probably move again.

biden is the president because he won the election.

alasdair

Psycho_Logic

Moderator: EADD
Staff member
Trying to find my self but unable so far.
In many countries of the world, those in power keep the military political and rule through it. And whoever controls the military will be in power.

That's not how it works in most western countries.
I certainly hope you are right. I am in a country that is a part of EU and still can see with my own eyes and hear with my own ears that military runs the show. Yes, corporations are powerful, yes governments implement things and yes people vote. But he who controls the military is the true leader that runs the show behind the curtain. It obviously isn't a one man, and there are fractions that are competing for power within military/intelligence agencies, but from my experience it is the military that runs the show. I think that I have some insight as my grandfather was a general during WW2 and my father was working his whole life for the military. I have seen peace time rule, war time rule, post war time (transition) rule and 10 years of rule as a EU member state. I don't want to go into details as I could get in trouble for saying something I shouldn't have, but as a grandchild and child of people who were high in military circles I have seen the side that I am describing. I may be biased and I sure hope I am. But I know that most countries in the world cannot make even internal affairs decisions, let alone foreign policy decisions, without USA approval. And it is not because how people of USA voted, or what is a personal stance of Nixon/Clinton/Bush/Obama/Trump/Biden... I wish I was so dead wrong and that life I lived was a peculiar experience and not a general rule. Cause it would be so much better for whole world that I am wrong and will of the people is the source of the power. I don't want to derail the thread so I will stop here. But if people of USA have so much power I would ask each and every one of you - please be more responsible than you were the last 30 years. Have nothing agains the people of USA but as USA has the strongest military by far in the world and you are controlling that military - please be responsible and educated about the whole world. Thanks. 🙂

dalpat077

Bluelighter
I certainly hope you are right. I am in a country that is a part of EU and still can see with my own eyes and hear with my own ears that military runs the show. Yes, corporations are powerful, yes governments implement things and yes people vote. But he who controls the military is the true leader that runs the show behind the curtain. It obviously isn't a one man, and there are fractions that are competing for power within military/intelligence agencies, but from my experience it is the military that runs the show. I think that I have some insight as my grandfather was a general during WW2 and my father was working his whole life for the military. I have seen peace time rule, war time rule, post war time (transition) rule and 10 years of rule as a EU member state. I don't want to go into details as I could get in trouble for saying something I shouldn't have, but as a grandchild and child of people who were high in military circles I have seen the side that I am describing. I may be biased and I sure hope I am. But I know that most countries in the world cannot make even internal affairs decisions, let alone foreign policy decisions, without USA approval. And it is not because how people of USA voted, or what is a personal stance of Nixon/Clinton/Bush/Obama/Trump/Biden... I wish I was so dead wrong and that life I lived was a peculiar experience and not a general rule. Cause it would be so much better for whole world that I am wrong and will of the people is the source of the power. I don't want to derail the thread so I will stop here. But if people of USA have so much power I would ask each and every one of you - please be more responsible than you were the last 30 years. Have nothing agains the people of USA but as USA has the strongest military by far in the world and you are controlling that military - please be responsible and educated about the whole world. Thanks. 🙂
Very nice post as always.

Speaking for myself: I'd not worry too much about derailing a thread especially not with heartfelt content such as that which you have posted. Sometimes the derailment is worth more than the topic. Certainly true in this case (no offense to @The Wizard of the Creek either i.e. I'm sure he's knows what I'm meaning). I don't see Trump being inaugurated today, or any other day, until possibly 2024 (although let's not derail it to that extent shall we)! 🤣

I've thought about this particular topic for a good long while. Aside from anything else e.g. political ideologies etc. the sheer value in monetary terms of the military complex is astounding. Can you just for one minute imagine the fallout if every single country in the world decided right now, today, to trust their neighbors, kiss and make up, and totally shut down their military? That would be the end for countless huge multi-national arms manufacturers the world over. Not to mention the financial fallout for other smaller companies in the supply chain. The end of military research and development. And not to mention how many hundreds and hundreds of thousands of military personnel that'd be out of work. Some countries themselves would lose money in the billions, if not in the trillions, made from the sale of arms. And to think that this doesn't go on is ludicrous. How many declassified documents have come to the fore over the years where there have been clear arms treaties and arms embargoes in place for decades but meanwhile, in other news, and back at the ranch, these dealings have gone on in some way, shape, or form behind the scenes. Not to mention the clout that these arms manufacturers wield politically speaking e.g. lobbyists.

Fact of the matter is: the world needs conflict or, at very least, the threat of conflict, just to keep this entire complex going.

As for Presidents and their powers and good intentions: watch the below. It's not long I assure you. And probably better placed on my Russian thread. But it's applicable here in context too. Yeah, yeah. Some may not appreciate the source. Try be objective for exactly 1 minute and 50 seconds! 😇

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
Very nice post as always.

Speaking for myself: I'd not worry too much about derailing a thread especially not with heartfelt content such as that which you have posted. Sometimes the derailment is worth more than the topic. Certainly true in this case (no offense to @The Wizard of the Creek either i.e. I'm sure he's knows what I'm meaning). I don't see Trump being inaugurated today, or any other day, until possibly 2024 (although let's not derail it to that extent shall we)! 🤣

I've thought about this particular topic for a good long while. Aside from anything else e.g. political ideologies etc. the sheer value in monetary terms of the military complex is astounding. Can you just for one minute imagine the fallout if every single country in the world decided right now, today, to trust their neighbors, kiss and make up, and totally shut down their military? That would be the end for countless huge multi-national arms manufacturers the world over. Not to mention the financial fallout for other smaller companies in the supply chain. The end of military research and development. And not to mention how many hundreds and hundreds of thousands of military personnel that'd be out of work. Some countries themselves would lose money in the billions, if not in the trillions, made from the sale of arms. And to think that this doesn't go on is ludicrous. How many declassified documents have come to the fore over the years where there have been clear arms treaties and arms embargoes in place for decades but meanwhile, in other news, and back at the ranch, these dealings have gone on in some way, shape, or form behind the scenes. Not to mention the clout that these arms manufacturers wield politically speaking e.g. lobbyists.

Fact of the matter is: the world needs conflict or, at very least, the threat of conflict, just to keep this entire complex going.

As for Presidents and their powers and good intentions: watch the below. It's not long I assure you. And probably better placed on my Russian thread. But it's applicable here in context too. Yeah, yeah. Some may not appreciate the source. Try be objective for exactly 1 minute and 50 seconds! 😇

Have you heard of the broken window fallacy? It's not a perfect metaphor here but I mention it cause I think you're doing something similar in assuming the end of conflict wouldn't have positive economic benefits.

Seems like arguing we shouldn't have streaming services because we would lose all the economic benefits to the video rental market.

Besides, economies serve people, people don't serve economies. And call me a tree hugging leftist big I think most people would rather not be dead.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Have you heard of the broken window fallacy? It's not a perfect metaphor here but I mention it cause I think you're doing something similar in assuming the end of conflict wouldn't have positive economic benefits.

Seems like arguing we shouldn't have streaming services because we would lose all the economic benefits to the video rental market.

Besides, economies serve people, people don't serve economies. And call me a tree hugging leftist big I think most people would rather not be dead.
Nope. Cannot say as I have heard of said fallacy. But obviously I'm going to look it up now! :)

I think for some countries the end of conflict would have positive economic results. Mainly because they'd stop paying other countries for arms and ammunition. And that money could be far better spent on the people etc. And I reckon in a perfect world and with the political will: you're probably quite right. Farming and construction are always two things that come to mind (and no: I'm not joking about my Coca plantations either). Solve the world's hunger problems, provide jobs, you get the picture. There's a shit pile of arable land the world over that's just standing. Free trade could be possible and encouraged. So many good things. But it ain't going to happen. On this score though there is a possible caveat (always is isn't there). Instead of people dying in conflict and from starvation the population would just grow and grow and grow (more than it's doing now). I put it to you that in this scenario: some inflection point would be reached. Unless managed very carefully and on a global scale.

Don't get me started on your point about the video rental market though! If my never seeing another Netflix movie results in the collapse of social media then fuck Netflilx! 🤣

dalpat077

Bluelighter
It won't :(.
The only thing that will is if people stop using it.

I don't use it, do you? :p
No. But it's going to take more than you and me to have the desired impact! 🤣

And given that the majority of the global population finds it appropriate to share what they're having for breakfast with the rest of the world: sadly I don't see it coming to an end. Mind you. This Zuckerberg individual seems to be doing a good job of screwing himself in the eye. Only problem: there's bound to be a replacement in the wings (if there isn't already).

JessFR

Bluelight Crew
No. But it's going to take more than you and me to have the desired impact! 🤣

And given that the majority of the global population finds it appropriate to share what they're having for breakfast with the rest of the world: sadly I don't see it coming to an end. Mind you. This Zuckerberg individual seems to be doing a good job of screwing himself in the eye. Only problem: there's bound to be a replacement in the wings (if there isn't already).

I don't understand it. Whyyyyyy do people think other people care about their fucking breakfast and dinner photos? Hoowwwww is it some people do?

Social media is crazy. God I despise social media. At least that's something we can strongly agree on.

I miss a time when my business wasn't supposed to be everyone's business. When you weren't expected to represent your "employers culture" 100% if your waking life.

I miss when people didn't both expect privacy AND expect to have a right to share everything about their lives to everybody.

It's all insane. And it's why I'll never use Facebook (on top of legitimately just not enjoying it).