• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is kratom good for insomnia?

rainbowrainbowred

Greenlighter
Is kratom good for insomnia? Can you get dependent? Those who do use it for sleeping problems, how do you use it to ensure your tolerance doesn't build? How much do you use? Side effects /warnings/advice? Is it addictive?

Put this in the opiods section - but don't know what kratom is. What is the correct category? All I know is it is a legal downer (in the UK)

Kratom is a noradrenaline releaser, it's a terrible choice for insomnia. For many kratom keeps them awake at night. With that said once you build a high enough tolerance you become insensitive to the stimulant effects of kratom, that's been my experience at least.

As far as "sedating" strains (every strain contains stimulant alkaloids therefor has potential to be speedy), the general consensus is that red veins are the most sedating. Indo and bali strains also tend to be less stimulating than thai and malaysian varieties. This is all very subjective though.

Red vein kalimantan, bali, red vein borneo, and red vein indo are probably your best bet. Don't expect kratom to help your insomnia though, chances are it will backfire. Also, please stop multi posting. Use the edit button to add any additional information to your post rather than making a new one.

NO.

In fact, Kratom CAUSES insomnia IMO.

I can't sleep unless I dose like AT LEAST 7 or 8 hours before bed.

It's the worst thing about it IMO.

And use the Kratom discussion thread.

All these answers are in there and it is just repetitive to ask a million questions in one post in this way.

Thanks so much for your replies guys. I'll stay on the safe side and avoid it then. I wish there was a drug for insomnia which didn't make you dependent on it! Argh. Oh well, here's hoping. Whoever one day cracks it will be very rich.

I am an insomniac and use kratom for sleep. It works so damn well for me. I use Kratom every other day and rotate green and red strains. My recommendation is to take it 3-4 hours before sleep. Dosage varies between 7 and 9 gram, depending on the strain. And yes, it IS addictive. With my consuming patterns, there is no physical dependence, but a psychic one for sure. So ensure to take breaks to help tolerance und prevent addiction. good luck!

Cool, I will give it a try. Thanks for answering my question about dependency too guys. Sounds like I may have finally found a solution :) since kratom is legal I suppose it's okay to talk about where to get it? Anyway, I'm in London and hoping that shop 'Amsterdam of London' in Camden might sell it. Will try, since they seem to sell legal highs. I would prefer to get it from there as don't know who to trust online. Anyway, here's hoping it works!

Cool, I will give it a try. Thanks for answering my question about dependency too guys. Sounds like I may have finally found a solution :) since kratom is legal I suppose it's okay to talk about where to get it? Anyway, I'm in London and hoping that shop 'Amsterdam of London' in Camden might sell it. Will try, since they seem to sell legal highs. I would prefer to get it from there as don't know who to trust online. Anyway, here's hoping it works!

Not allowed to talk about sources even for legal highs. Kratom does cause dependence though when taken daily, alot like any opiate does. Some people seem to get much milder withdrawals, and some people actually get pretty bad ones.

Yep. I LOVE kratom but it can affect sleep. But it's an incredible alternative to opiods. Which is why the Thai government made it illegal in 1943. It was cutting into they're opium profits.

NO, for me Kratom CAUSES insomnia.

I can't sleep for like 6 hours after it's worn off.

《Plasticity》;13081163 said:
Kratom is a noradrenaline releaser, it's a terrible choice for insomnia. For many kratom keeps them awake at night. With that said once you build a high enough tolerance you become insensitive to the stimulant effects of kratom, that's been my experience at least.

As far as "sedating" strains (every strain contains stimulant alkaloids therefor has potential to be speedy), the general consensus is that red veins are the most sedating. Indo and bali strains also tend to be less stimulating than thai and malaysian varieties. This is all very subjective though.

Red vein kalimantan, bali, red vein borneo, and red vein indo are probably your best bet. Don't expect kratom to help your insomnia though, chances are it will backfire. Also, please stop multi posting. Use the edit button to add any additional information to your post rather than making a new one.

QFT, couldn't agree more. Kratom will not help the majority of people with insomnia (especially if you aren't combining it with weed and/or benzos), and you can absolutely become dependent. I'm glad you brought up the fact that it is a noradrenaline releaser, I didn't know that, but it makes perfect sense. I'm only adding to this thread because I thought that was an important point and I have never seen it mentioned.