• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is it wrong to not let a pregnant chick smoke weed?

kultron said:
Would you like someone giving you drugs without your consent?

It is not unacceptable to refuse to allow someone to smoke cannabis if she is pregnant. In fact, she should be disciplined for her actions to prevent further idiocy in the future, lest her children end up as retarded as her.

All hail judge kultron. shit.

I dont even wanna hear that bullshit, becuz I sure as shit will smoke weed instead of taking advil, anti nausea meds, prescription drugs for all that bullshit, and fuck you if you judge otherwise. There is a difference between eating e pills, smokni crack, and drinking when youre pregnant to party and get fucke dup and wile out and be wasted, and using small amounts of marijuana to alleviate symptoms of pregnancy which can be extremely painful and make your life hellish without relief.

I aint a drug addict and I woudl never endanger my kid. if you want to talk about something like ectremely light marijuana smoking during pregnancy , used for a serious purpose, i dont understand how you can equate that to someone being irresponsible. Im sorry but I just dont see that. Jamaican women have smoked marijuana for centuries while pregnant, in some cultures they smoke opium to relieve pregnancy symptoms. and their kids turn out fine.

i aint gonna drink or smoke cigarettes while pregnant, but i will definately smoke a lil bit of weed. It aint stupid, it aint somethign worthy of discipline, i didnt say smoke 15 blunts to the face per day.

your government has told you so much anti marijuana bullshit, and yet you can understand that that is false. But then when it comes to the same source of information tellin you that smokin weed while pregnant is wrong, you believe it. I cant stress enough that I aint endorsing gettin trashed daily rippin huge bongs and shit. I mean medicinal use, which has SHOWN TO BE HELPFUL to MANY different illnesses and physical problems but somehow pregnancy is still the huge tabboo? i dont support drug abuse or even recreational use during pregnancy. But know what, this aint that. and if you lack the intelligence to be able to tell the difference that is your problem.

So, in conclusion,STFU.

Last edited:
u needa tel dat bitch with a big bitch slap (BOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!) that if shes pregnant she doesnt need to be smokin like a dumbass.

a friend of mine has had 2 kids already and she didnt smoke anything but a cigarette here and there while she was pregnant. she mainly never smoked weed. cigs occasionally. or drink. and she stopped meth for hir first born. blessing in disquise. . . . . .?

saucy2040 said:
u needa tel dat bitch with a big bitch slap (BOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!) that if shes pregnant she doesnt need to be smokin like a dumbass.

yeah.. that's the answer.. smack a pregnant girl..

Wow
8)

er.... is it wrong to make an unborn baby smoke weed? i dont think babies should smoke weed. but thats just me.

Mona Lisa said:
Though I generally agree that women have to make sacrifices for their baby in pregnancy, I still feel that they should be able to have at least a little bit of fun. There's far too much of a double standard. My mother smoked two packs a day and drank but all three of us turned out fine.

well shit someone alert science and tell them they got it wrong

Smoking weed while pregnant

I have seen a few mom's mess up their kids with hard drugs.. but not pot..

as far as "not letting a pregnant chick smoke weed".. well.. she is her own person..

that's my two cents..

for me it depends on the reason it is being used. it is for nausea or headaches, then a hit or two is fine, it is safer than the meds prescribed by the docs.

i have a friend who has mad anxiety and insomnia. she was always sick, etc from her issues. her husband had her start smoking a bit at night and it cured a lot of her problems. when she became pregnant, she quit for a while, but after discussing the option with her doc they decided (ncluding the doc) that a hit or two at night was much safer than the anxiety and anti nausea drugs he could prescribe. she did, and the child was fine. it is all about moderation and common sense.

if someone is just smoking to get fucked up, i find that wrong bc they are putting their hedonistic desires before their childs safety, but anyone who knows how bad anxiety and insomnia can be can understand this womans predicament, and the fact that it was medically necessary.

here is some great info regarding the use of marijuana medicinally in jamaica.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/can-babies.htm

DREHER'S JAMAICAN PREGNANCY STUDY

More Suppression of Marijuana Research

In the 1980s Melanie Dreher and colleagues at UMass Amherst began a longitudinal study to assess the well-being of infants and children whose mothers used cannabis during pregnancy. The researchers lived in rural Jamaican communities among the women they were studying. Thirty cannabis-using pregnant women were matched for age and
socio-economic status with 30 non-users. Dreher et al compared the course of their pregnancies and their neo-natal outcomes, using various standard scales.

No differences were detected three days after birth. At 30 days the exposed babies did better than the non-exposed on all the scales and significantly better on two of the scales (having to do with autonomic stability and reflexes).

Follow-up studies were conducted when the kids were four and five (just before entering school and after). The moms were defined as light users (1-10 spliffs per week), moderate (11-20), and heavy (21-70). Consumption of ganja tea was also taken into account.

The children were measured at age four using three sets of criteria: the McCarthy scale, which measures verbal ability,
perceptivity, quantitative skills, memory and motor; a "behavioral style" scale measuring temperament, based on a 72-item questionnaire filled out by the child's primary caregiver; and a "quality of housing" index to indicate socioeconomic status.

"No Differences at All."

When they controlled for the household ratings, Dreher recounted April 8 at the Patients Out of Time Conference in Santa Barbara, her team "found absolutely no differences" between the children whose mothers were non-users and the children from the three groups of users. "No differences at all."

When testing the children at age five, Dreher measured school attendance and introduced an additional measure, the "home scale," accounting for stimulation in the physical and language environment, and other inputs affecting development. " Low income Jamaican children do not have a lot of toys," Dreher noted, "but It is not unusual for a two-and-a-half year old to be washing out her father's handkerchiefs to learn some adult skills."

As with the age-four studies, no differences were found among the exposed and non-exposed groups. But analysis of the home scale revealed that "stimulation with toys, games, reading material" was significantly related to measures on the McCarthy scale -verbal, perceptual, memory, and general cognition- and to mood. There was also a relationship between basic school attendance and McCarthy-scale measurements.

"We can't conclude that there is necessarily no impact from prenatal ganja use but we can conclude that the child who attends basic school regularly, is provided with a variety of stimulating experiences at home, who is encouraged to show mature behavior, has a profoundly better chance of performing at a higher level on the skills measured by the McCarthy scale whether or not his or her mother used ganja during pregnancy," said Dreher.

"Hello, hello! If you go to school you're going to do better on these criteria. It doesn't sound like a very interesting finding but given what everybody else was finding, we thought it was pretty darned interesting."

After recounting her methodology and conclusions, Dreher said: "This study was published in 1991 -15 years ago. What is the impact of this study? Absolutely none! A recent article by Huizink and Mulder reviewing all the literature on cannabis use in pregnancy reports only two longitudinal cohorts -Peter Fried's Ottawa Prenatal Prospective study and Richardson and Day's Maternal Health Practices and Child Development study. They reported increased
tremors and startles (Fried); altered sleep patterns (R&D); signs of stress (Lester); impulsive and hyperactive behavior at six years old, more delinquent behavior, more impulsive behavior..." The review article didn't even mention that Dreher's Jamaican findings differed from those cited!

Peter Fried has been the darling of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, well funded for decades after discovering that children whose mothers had smoked marijuana showed impaired "executive function." In 2003 Fried was asked by Ethan Russo, MD, to contribute a review article to a book on Women and Marijuana. Fried's reference to the Jamaican study in the Russo book did not identify it as a longitudinal study, even though he had been a consultant to the project.

When Dreher sought funding to re-examine her cohort at ages nine and 10, "NIDA said they were not interested in funding this study anymore, but if I made Peter Fried a co-principal investigator, they would consider funding it... So, the research has languished. Which is a shame." She's looking for alternative funding. Last summer Dreher returned to Jamaica and located 40 of her original subjects. They are now adults and many are parents. "They are doing
quite well," she generalized.

Dreher criticized the media response to research, which tends to focus on alleged negative aspects of use. "Peter Fried himself has said 'very little impact up to three years old. Beyond that age, no impact on IQ. No relationship of marijuana use to miscarriage, to Apgar status, to neonatal complications, physical abnormalities, no impact on cognitive outcomes' until, he says, age four. His tremor and startles findings did not hold up," said Dreher, "neither did [his findings of differences in] head circumference, motor development and language expression. None of those data are really
in the literature for people to see. This results in a lot of misunderstanding on the part of the public."

Dreher asked: Why the reluctance to acknowledge this study in the peer-reviewed literature? She answered first as an anthropologist: "There is a terrible arrogance and ethnocentrism in the science that refuses to accept the experience or the science of other cultures." She cited Ethan Russo's "irrefutable" review of cannabis use by women in other cultures.

"Contemporary evidence from the UK, Denmark, Jamaica, Israel, the Netherlands, even Canada tends to be disregarded unless it's funded by NIDA with Peter Fried as the principal investigator."

Dreher recommended a 1989 Lancet article called "The Bias Against the Null Hypothesis" in which the authors reviewed all the abstracts about the maternal use of cocaine submitted to the Society of Pediatric Research in the 1980s. Only 11% of negative abstracts (attributing no harm to cocaine) were accepted for publication, whereas 57% of the positive abstracts were accepted. The authors determined that the rejected negative papers were superior methodologically to the accepted positive papers.

Honest Research Impeded

Dreher decried "the politics of trying to get published." She now sees it as "a miracle" that Pediatrics published her work on neonatal outcomes, however belatedly, in 1994. (Her paper on five-year outcomes came out in the West Indian Medical Journal before Pediatrics ran the neonatal outcomes.) She suspects that a review of "all the fugitive literature that's out there that didn't get published" would convey "a very different picture of prenatal cannabis exposure."

Honest research is also impeded, Dreher said, by "the politics of building a research career. Most research is done by academics and academia is a very conservative environment where tenure often is more important than truth." (Dreher is now Dean of the College of Nursing at the University of Iowa.)

The end result of biased science, Dreher observed, is a misinformed public. Recently, she "googled to see what was out there for the general public regarding pregnancy and marijuana." Typical of the disinformation was an article entitled "Exposure to marijuana in womb may harm brain' that began "Over the past decade several studies have linked behavior problems and lower IQ scores in children to prenatal use of marijuana..." A reference to Dreher said she had "written extensively on the benefits of smoking marijuana while smoking pregnant!"

Dreher concluded: "Marijuana use by pregnant women is a big red herring that prevents us from looking at the impoverished conditions in which women throughout the world have to bear and raise children. These women are looking for the cheapest, most available substance to alleviate their morning sickness and to give them a better sleep at night in order to get the energy to do the work they have to do every day in order to support those children.

"A red herring is something that distracts us from what's really important. Instead of restricting our search for relatively narrow outcomes, such as exectuive funciton, we need to be looking at school performance, peer relations, leadership skills in children, prenatal and family relations, healthy lifestyles. Are they participating in sports? Are they using tobacco and alcohol and other substances?

"NIDA and the NIH still prefer to fund randomized clinical trials that have to do with symptom management in specific diseases. We need research on how marijuana affects the quality of life.

"It's not an evolutionary accident that the two activities needed to sustain life and perpetuate life, eating and sex, are
pleasurable as well as functional, and that marijuana enhances both of these activities."

and this is a great source of unbiased info....please read thoroughly. i have posted this quite a few times, but i don't mind doing it again

http://www.rism.org/isg/dlp/ganja/analyses/DreherInterview.html

My wife is a nurse and if you want a good way to judge how bad it is for the fetus listen to this.... if ANY drugs other than marijuana show up in the fetus they will take away your baby, so I'd say it isn't that big of a deal. Furthermore most research shows that there really is no major side-effects from a mother occasionally smoking marijuana, and like it has been said smoking pot to help symptoms caused from pregnacy is pretty much better than taking meds. But, if you are a serious stoner and your getting high all the time, yes that is bad, its no better than smoking cigarettes.

lacey k said:
D....I think there is somethin wrong with "partying" while pregnant, that shit is fucked up. Im talkin about marijuana use instead of anti-nausea drugs, and other prescription things , where marijuana would actually be a 'folk medicine' used in a medicinal way not necessarily to get blasted.

That I can concede to, a hit or two for nausea in the morning is fine. But that girl in the OP was using it to get high, that I don't tolerate with pregnant women.

Zagenth said:
That I can concede to, a hit or two for nausea in the morning is fine. But that girl in the OP was using it to get high, that I don't tolerate with pregnant women.

Wait. So it's okay to take 2 hits of pot if the intent is to cure nausea, but if the same pregnant woman takes 2 hits of pot to "get high", there's something wrong with that?

I'd like to see some evidence that any amount of marijuana use by a pregnant woman can harm a fetus. If someone finds me even one study, I'll find them a dozen studies that demonstrate that even drinking small amounts of alcohol or smoking a cigarette now and then are many times worse.

Above and beyond drugs, there are so many things that pregnant women should avoid if they want to be beyond reproach. You know what's even worse for developing fetuses than recreational drug use by their mothers? Exposure to environmental toxins and hormone disruptors... the MTBE in your drinking water; Bisphenol-A in your bottled water; sodium benzoate and benzene in your soft drinks; rBGH in your milk; pthalates in your dildos, soaps, shampoos, and makeup; formaldehyde evaporating out of adhesives used to build most of your furniture and your house itself; brominated flame-retardants in your clothing, carpets, walls, upholstery, and electronics; radon in your basement; neurotoxic pesticides covering all your vegetables and ground into your grains and processed into all your non-organic processed foods; methyl mercury in your vaccines and your tuna fish; AND SO ON combine to cause more developmental problems and birth defects than you could possibly cause even by drinking and smoking moderately during the whole pregnancy. If you're not eating organic food and living in a clean and toxics-free house and avoiding exposure to plastic then you're doing a much greater disservice to your unborn child.

Get your fucking sticks out of your ass and let a woman smoke some herb. Cannabinoids are known to shrink malignant tumors for crying out loud.

i agree with all of your post coolio, except the part that we should allow people their "hedonistic" desires bc it is simply that. there is a problem with a woman who can't put down the pipe for fun, as opposed to for medicinal reasons.

that is...until we know for a fact that it is entirely harmless. the studies show it may not be harmful....especially if not smoked, but taken in teas, etc....but that doesn't mean you want to take a chance until you know for sure. there is a reason we moms stear clear of fish, tap water, etc when we are pregnant...bc we don't want to take any chances.

Pshaaw said:
I have seen a few mom's mess up their kids with hard drugs.. but not pot..

as far as "not letting a pregnant chick smoke weed".. well.. she is her own person..

that's my two cents..

Mine too.

DarthMom, most moms don't stay away from those things though, and nobody posting in this thread would jump down a pregnant woman's throat if they witnessed her doing those things. "Getting high" can also be "medicinal" for depressed, stressed, anxious, unmotivated, etc. emotional states. I don't have any evidence but I'm pretty sure the mother's emotions have a somewhat important effect on her baby.

I can't believe this thread. Judging by the responses of many in this thread (lacey k included), you advocate the administration of smoked drugs to an unborn child? You're inhaling smoke directly into your lungs, putting a great deal of carcinogens and chemicals into your bloodstream (and in effect into your baby's bloodstream). Not to mention that the womb is the most crucial developmental stage of the child. She is not 'her own person', she has another life inside of her, one that has no say in the affairs of it well-being. Unlike the abortion question, the fetus is most likely going to live and hopefully live a productive life. And if that mother is too retarded not to put down the pipe for nine months out of her life, someone else has to step in and judge. Would you force your 3 year old child to smoke weed? How about 10? Because that's exactly what you're doing when you smoke weed while pregnant. Until smoking marijuana can be proven to be as safe as drinking water while pregnant, it isn't a good idea, period.

The Real Fatman said:
its whoevers weed it is business shit if I don't want somene smokin my shiut they aint smokin it
Yeah, I never like smoking with pregnant women even though I have several times. I just won't say anything if it's not my ganja. I don't think I could let a pregnant woman smoke pot out of my bag with me in good conscience.

sc4t said:
a soon-to-be mother can find a way to have fun during their pregnancy w/o using drugs or drinking.

to say otherwise is stupid. maybe i'm a bit biased but shit, i can't imagine how one would feel knowing they destroyed a life just to get a little high.

just because statistics show pot doesn't much damage to an infant, doesn't mean i would risk it.

but then again, i'm a dude. :p

Marijuana can sometimes cause low sperm count so hey, if your talking about pregnancy and your a dude, smoke that blunt then fuck that bitch cause I don't want a kid right now.

Pregnant women shouldn't be smoking regardless, fun doesn't directly coincide with drugs, alcohol, nicotine, etc, fun is a state of being, happiness. You can have fun and be happy regardless of morning sickness, aches, pains, and hormone swings. Get yourself a video game and some ice cream if your pregnant, teach your kid to play Gears of War or Halo while its in the womb if your gonna do anything. Forget about marijuana, people fail to realize carcinogens are what are to blame for a lot of the negative effects. By saturating your own blood stream with carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide you can stunt growth. People may say things turned out fine, but how do they know they aren't living in a false reality of moronical thoughts and dreams. I mean, you could smoke a pack a day during pregnancy and the kid turns out fine but at the same time you could smoke a pack a day and increase the risk for nicotine addiction, and other substance abuse, you could increase the risk for psychological disorders. Hell, you could turn out having some hyperactive ADD nightmare of a demon child, I would rather the chick don't smoke for 9 months than deal with a kid up on his ritalin as a child acting like a freak of nature with a bad case of ADD.