• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is it wrong to not let a pregnant chick smoke weed?

If a pregnant woman cannot deal with a life without drugs, man, think about that before getting pregnant and don't stay intoxicating your child even a little, some things in life need a level of abdication.

Who said anything about getting intoxicated? What about having a small glass of wine with dinner?

You know, it's not like there are only two choices: sobriety or raging drug addict. There's plenty of grey area in between.

The deleterious effects of things like alcohol and weed only harm the fetus cumulatively, i.e. you are doing them daily and in elevated dosages.

Ideally women should be totally sober during pregnancy, but tell that to cultures like the French. Pregnant women drink all the time in France, it's just they have very small amounts and usually it's part of food culture.

Yeah, in the west we've taken this alcohol while pregnant fear to truly ridiculous proportions.

Obviously it's best not to drink while pregnant, but some people act like so much as a single sip will kill the baby in an instant. Which is just nonsense.

But people do this with everything. There's no such thing as a good idea that can't be taken to a bad extreme by people.

I really don't think marijuana is any worse for a baby than a mother who smokes cigarettes. Possibly better for them, since the average person doesn't smoke nearly as much marijuana as someone who smokes cigarettes. My girlfriend's mother smoked marijuana all throughout her pregnancy to help with nausea and headaches, and she turned out very bright and healthy. Actually, her grandmother had smoked marijuana during her pregnancy as well, and all generations turned out just fine and lived to be very succesful and happy.

Obviously smoking anything isn't good for you, especially during pregnancy, but I don't think it's nearly as big of a deal as some people make it out to be, it's a matter of beliefs and lifestyle. My girlfriend's mother takes all kinds of herbal supplements and uses marijuana as another herb to help with nausea, mild headaches, anxiety, etc.

While I do agree with you that it’s probably not as bad as it’s made out to be (I mean crack babies are born ADDICTED ffs, and my mate was doing heroin for the first 3 months she was pregnant because she didn’t know she was and her sons a low functioning autistic, she HATES herself for it) weed won’t do much except perhaps cause low birth weight as above.

That said, this guy has to live with his choices and he doesn’t want to be responsible for a child’s health, that’s TOTALLY FAIR and respectful

While I do agree with you that it’s probably not as bad as it’s made out to be (I mean crack babies are born ADDICTED ffs, and my mate was doing heroin for the first 3 months she was pregnant because she didn’t know she was and her sons a low functioning autistic, she HATES herself for it) weed won’t do much except perhaps cause low birth weight as above.

That said, this guy has to live with his choices and he doesn’t want to be responsible for a child’s health, that’s TOTALLY FAIR and respectful

I doubt anything I say will make any difference. But it's super unlikely her sons are autistic because of her heroin use.

As I said earlier, abruptly stopping opioids is almost certainly more harmful than continuing them in pregnancy.

There's no real evidence that crack babies ever existed either.

I might be a little abrupt here cause I'm in a bad mood. I wanna say I'm really sorry for anyone having to see their children suffer. And I totally understand blaming yourself. But theres no scientific reason to believe opioid use in pregnancy is riskier that abruptly quitting. There's little evidence for it being particularly dangerous at all.

yea... some chick is 4-5 months pregnant. afoaf, acquantaince.

Anyways I was with a girl who I was on a casual date with. I brought her to my buddys house to chill out with a few of my friends. Anyways, a friend called her and then 3 of her friends came over. We were just sitting around drinking mostly.

Anyways, her friend gets there and she is pregant and mentioned that. Later on in the night, a blunt was getting passed around. The pregnant chick took a hit of it. I said "your pregnant, dont smoke." and then she fucking bitched me about that.

My buddy cut her out once he realized cause were tight and shit and its his pot.

But do you think that its appropraite for me to say something? Because imo thats a big deal but idk.
My ex was living with 2 pregnant chicks at one stage and one wouldn't smoke pot bcoz she said it can cause the baby to be born underweight or something and bitched about the other one occasionally smoking a cone.shed smoke a pack of cigarettes a day though.as if that doesn't do more damage than an occasional cone.all the tar, nicotine,carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, furfural,ammonia, pyridine,rocket fuel etc they say is in cigarettes going through her system.

I
I doubt anything I say will make any difference. But it's super unlikely her sons are autistic because of her heroin use.

As I said earlier, abruptly stopping opioids is almost certainly more harmful than continuing them in pregnancy.

There's no real evidence that crack babies ever existed either.

I might be a little abrupt here cause I'm in a bad mood. I wanna say I'm really sorry for anyone having to see their children suffer. And I totally understand blaming yourself. But theres no scientific reason to believe opioid use in pregnancy is riskier that abruptly quitting. There's little evidence for it being particularly dangerous at all.

I’m obviously aware there’s multiple things that could have caused it, hell there’s plenty of science to suggest it’s genetic not environmental at all.
But 3 months on smack, while a fetus is forming its vital organs, can’t be a good thing.

Baby wasn’t born with signs of withdrawal either, my gf wasn’t an addict she was just partying and stopped the second she learned she was having a baby.

Still. There’s really no reason to risk the health of your child for the sake of a buzz.
Why risk it

Why risk *not* smoking weed? What if it's good for the child? Weed is medicinal, as you know.
Well In this instance I was referring to the heroin my mate was doing when pregnant

My original comment re this wasn’t so much to do with any danger smoking pot (I actually smoked during my third pregnancy) but more that the guy who said he wouldn’t give a pregnant woman weed was right, in that he is the one who has to live with doing so and should be respected for his choice, whether it harms the baby or not

I

I’m obviously aware there’s multiple things that could have caused it, hell there’s plenty of science to suggest it’s genetic not environmental at all.
But 3 months on smack, while a fetus is forming its vital organs, can’t be a good thing.

Baby wasn’t born with signs of withdrawal either, my gf wasn’t an addict she was just partying and stopped the second she learned she was having a baby.

Still. There’s really no reason to risk the health of your child for the sake of a buzz.
Why risk it

Pregnancy on heroin is certainly not gonna be good for the baby, but it probably isn't that bad either outside of the risk of overdose.

Again I'm really not trying to suggest that taking drugs in pregnancy is without risks. Just that there are known risks related to rapidly stopping drugs too, and plausible risks related to stopping other drugs. And a blind "stop taking drugs as soon as you're pregnant" policy is not a good idea either.

So I'm not saying using drugs while pregnant is without risk, I'm saying that people should go with the evidence and consider the potential risks related to stopping the drugs too.

My problem is with what seems like people just blindly assuming any use of drugs while pregnant is unacceptable or will have horrible repercussions. Which is frequently untrue.

yea... some chick is 4-5 months pregnant. afoaf, acquantaince.

Anyways I was with a girl who I was on a casual date with. I brought her to my buddys house to chill out with a few of my friends. Anyways, a friend called her and then 3 of her friends came over. We were just sitting around drinking mostly.

Anyways, her friend gets there and she is pregant and mentioned that. Later on in the night, a blunt was getting passed around. The pregnant chick took a hit of it. I said "your pregnant, dont smoke." and then she fucking bitched me about that.

My buddy cut her out once he realized cause were tight and shit and its his pot.

But do you think that its appropraite for me to say something? Because imo thats a big deal but idk.

No, you were right. Disgusting for a pregnant woman to drink or use drugs.

my mate was doing heroin for the first 3 months she was pregnant because she didn’t know she was and her sons a low functioning autistic, she HATES herself for it

There is literally zero evidence that heroin or any other opioid for that matter causes autism.

Now if she was shooting up the MMR vaccine that's a different story... ;)

In the USA you get tested for all drugs as soon as you go to the hospital to the have the baby , if anything shows up CPS gets involved immediately.

Honestly it's just weed. It's not a hard drug. I've heard of studies done in jamaica comparing babies who's mothers smoked weed and babies who's mothers didnt. The weed babies came out on top.

Honestly it's just weed. It's not a hard drug. I've heard of studies done in jamaica comparing babies who's mothers smoked weed and babies who's mothers didnt. The weed babies came out on top.

That doesn't mean much if such a study doesn't show the rates of those children being successfully born to start with.

My point is, statistics can be misleading.

And hey I'm not saying your assertion is wrong, I don't know. That's the problem, a lack of data.

But I do wanna say, saying it's "just weed" doesn't mean anything. That's just a reflection of its social status. Which doesn't say anything about how dangerous it is. Tobacco was once so common as to be "just tobacco".

i remember many years ago reading a medical study about how thc at a certain phase of embryonic development causes a problem in neuron development.

Weed is not a drug, it's a plant. Poor thing has to leave with this conviction. She can.

Weed is natural. I dunno imo it's her choice and no one other than her and the father should be commenting.

I agree, a pregnant mother should maintain sobriety. I hope that it resonated. However, I believe there are a lot more women that have smoked pot through an entire pregnancy than we know.

Weed is natural.
No it isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of the stuff is GMO, PGR, full of pesticides or depleted of sun, even earth etc. It also increases chances of getting sprayed with milk in the eye. But smoking during milking (lactating) is another topic, sadly with weed one can not "pump n dump" like with booze.

Smoking weed is in same category as many medicine that should be stopped during pregnancy if it isn't determinable for mothers health, period. Same goes for milking & weed.

Being rasta queen isn't a factor that should be considered imho