• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is it wrong to not let a pregnant chick smoke weed?

I reserve the right to not share my drugs with anyone of my chosing.

I dont need some fuck saying her kids fucked because I let her smoked weed, or someone getting hurt because they drove after or something.

I will also mention safety minded tips, like "hey you just drank a 24 dont drive" or "maybe shooting cops isn't a good idea now, even though they do look like monsters trying to kill you", if I didn't I wouldn't be a responsible person and I don't want other peoples retardation to be on my conscience. But I cant stop everyone from being a tard.

Marijuana has safely been used as a medicinal pregnancy aid for hundreds of years in many different cultures.

Who cares? What's one more thing that's being passed on to the child? I certainly oppose pesticide residue and alcohol being given to an unborn child through the womb, but not THCs.

Coolio said:
Bull fucking shit. A fetus is a parasite the woman's being so kind as to share her body with. If technology and medicine can make a woman have a discomfort-free pregnancy, that should be the goal of technology and medicine. Are periods supposed to be uncomfortable too? Should we outlaw birth control, because women are supposed to have to worry about the consequences of pregnancy when they have sex?

Yes, everyone should worry about pregnancy if they are having sex. It's foolish to not worry about pregnancy if you ARE taking a birth control pill.

Discomfort is part of life, no one can live their life without ever being uncomfortable but it's no reason to possibly endanger the life of a child that never asked to be born.

Yea, but you aint endangering the child. do you think the whole point of this thread is a bunch of totally self absorbed selfish to the extreme, piece of shit, arrogant, lazy , baby-hating stoners saying "I dont care if it endangers my kid, I want to get high, fuck my kid!" No, the reason people are supporting smokin weed in pregnancy is becuz it aint gonna harm the kid. It aint that big of a fuckin deal, get over it. i wouldnt smoke cigarettes during pregnancy but small amounts of marijuana smoked in a vaporizer aint gonna do shit.

DarthMom is a poster who is all about the kids all the time. she is ferociously protective and I definately respect her judgement on somethin like this. Do you think if a extremely protective always concerned and put-the-kids-first mother can understand this then maybe it got some weight? Marijuana is on the way to bein legal in this country and in the places where it is legal, its used often under doctors advice during pregnancy. I dont know what else you want. you can continue to be ignorant or you can just admit that you are more willing to believe a taboo and propaganda than make your own educated decisions for yourself.

Last edited:
i know people who quit smoking cigarettes and woudl just smoke weed as they claimed it was a perfect cure for morning sickness. to each his own, weeds not going to be as harmful to the child as opiates medicinally.

i agree that she shouldn't be smoking, but i don't think you should be telling her what to do, especially if she is only an acquaintance and you don't know her very well. it's her body and her choice to fuck up her baby.

i've come across pregnant women who smoke, drink alcohol, drink caffeine....etc, all of which i would never do to my child. but i would never step out of line and tell them what they should be doing. they know what's healthy and what's not, and they are making their own bad decisions to do that. they don't need to be lectured. so i just stand back and think to myself.....whatever, to each his own.

lacey k said:
I dont evne have kids, wiseass.

N Youre takin a lil trip to the ignore list.
Ignore list = I have lost an arguement and this is my last resort
And from a long history of internet experience I can tell you that only about 15% of people actually ignore you when they threaten the ignore list.
W/e off topic.
Boobs

i am assuming that MOST of the posters in this thread are MEN....that alone negates any opinion you have on the matter. fact is, men will never ever experience pregnancy and cannot comment on what a woman is going through and what she uses to help her.

i agree with darthmom....it's one thing to go all-out partying, but quite the other to take a few here and there to alleviate your nausea and increase hunger when you feel too sick to eat. putting your DESIRES ahead of the baby is selfish, but making yourself more comfortable helps both you and the baby.

and props to lacey k cuz she's done HER research.

yes. i'm a mom and i smoked a couple times a week (not a day) the first 5 months i was pregnant because of morning sickness and i just plain didn't want to eat. i had no complications, my baby ain't got 3 heads and all her intestines managed to stay in her body. OMFG. 8)

faris said:
i am assuming that MOST of the posters in this thread are MEN....that alone negates any opinion you have on the matter. fact is, men will never ever experience pregnancy and cannot comment on what a woman is going through and what she uses to help her.

Pardon?

I just love the way some women can be so selective of what men can and can't have an opinion on when it comes to pregnancy and the welfare of an unborn child just because they can't give birth. Sorry, but I have every right to comment/voice my opinion on what the mother of my child is doing if her actions may potentially effect the health of that child. You can't just selectively involve men in a pregnancy only when it's convenient for you to do so.

Anyway, the bottom line is that none of you can tell me conclusively whether marijuana use during pregnancy is or isn’t harmful to a developing baby, can you? The fact is that for every study that suggests that marijuana use during pregnancy may be harmless there's another that suggests that it may not be. So, people can do all the "research" they want concerning this topic, but like it or not, the results are still INCONCLUSIVE.

Now what about some of the other potentially harmful effects of smoking marijuana while pregnant? Like the fact that smoking pot increases the amount of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide in the bloodstream? Do you think that this may be potentially bad for a developing baby? What about the issue of pesticide residue? What is CONCLUSIVELY known is that pesticides are very harmful to a developing baby, so don’t you think that potentially exposing an unborn child to these compounds maybe a bad idea? Then-and most importantly-there’s the fact that- again-the results of whether or not marijuana use during pregnancy is actually harmful to a child in the womb is inconclusive at this point. For that reason it is my personal opinion ("negated" though it apparently maybe due to the fact that I don't posses a vagina) that until more conclusive evidence is presented that using marijuana during pregnancy is unwise.

Last edited:
Zero the hero said:
Anyway, the bottom line is that none of you can tell me conclusively whether marijuana use during pregnancy is or isn’t harmful to a developing baby, can you?
the bottom line is, we can. did you read my previous posts? bc, i did

let me note, i am not a pot head, by any means....it is the one drug i use simply midicinally and that is it

but until you have been a woman ravaged by nausea, headaches, bellyaches, and miscellanous aches and pains that come with our precious babes, and then choose a hit or two of weed, then, no you don't have a fucking word to say about it.

i am not normally all feminazi about this shit, i know, it is your child too, but don't tell your breeder how to get over her ills. if she chooses a hit of weed over the meds prescribed by her doc she needs a thank you, not a fuck you.

DarthMom said:
the bottom line is, we can.

No, actually you can't. The results of this one study do not conclusively demonstrate that marijuana use during pregnancy is completely safe. I'll bet you that there have been all sorts of literature written which challenges the results presented in this paper. The fact is, that while the findings in this paper may be compelling they hardly "prove" anything and therefore it is still my position that in the case of marijuana use during pregnancy it's better to err on the side of caution.

DarthMom said:
but until you have been a woman ravaged by nausea, headaches, bellyaches, and miscellanous aches and pains that come with our precious babes, and then choose a hit or two of weed, then, no you don't have a fucking word to say about it.

Like I've already said, I think that as the father of an unborn child I have every right to be concerned about the welfare of that child and every right to voice my opinion if I believe that the child may be harmed by the mothers actions. You really mean to tell me that you believe that if I support and care for the mother of my unborn child that I have no say as to the care and welfare of that child until it's born? What would your opinion be of a man who deserted his pregnant wife until she gave birth using the logic that he bore no responsibility for the baby until it left the womb? Either women want men to be completely involved or they don't, and to me anyway, that involvement starts at the time of conception, not at the time of birth.

This is a touchy subject for me. I beat the shit out of an ex friend because he sold my sister weed while she was pregnant, i specifically told all of my friends not to sell her weed or drugs because #1 it makes her go insane, #2 it not healthy whether you pregnant or not.

Unless your the father of the baby, then let her do what she wants, but if you are the daddy, or a relative then i believe you have rights to stop her smoking weed while shes pregs.

Zero the hero said:
Pardon?

I just love the way some women can be so selective of what men can and can't have an opinion on when it comes to pregnancy and the welfare of an unborn child just because they can't give birth. Sorry, but I have every right to comment/voice my opinion on what the mother of my child is doing if her actions may potentially effect the health of that child. You can't just selectively involve men in a pregnancy only when it's convenient for you to do so.

when it's YOUR baby, comment all you want, brother. maybe even if it's your blood (not specifically YOURS).....sure, g'head and comment all you want.

but we're not talking about being the father, we're talking about being an outsider. your pot, you control who smokes it. but don't get on this fucking pedestal about shit you don't know about, that's all i'm saying. and i'm not directly attacking you, zero, just responding to your particular post.

everyone arguing this over a little weed high. even if there is a remote possibility of causing minimal harm to the fetus i still think that a pregnant mother shouldnt smoke weed. It is just weed, will it cause any serious discomfort for the mother to abstain from weed? It is a light recreational drug the high isnt worth it for even remote risk of doing anything to the baby. You can not drink alcohol, why cant you stop smoking weed for 9 months is it that hard??

All drugs affect the chemical processes of the body, i dont care if its harmful or not any drug a mother takes is going to affect the baby. The question is if its harmful. even if weed affects a fetus but its not harmful i still firmly believe it should not be taken. The human body is very complex and the wonders of nature so fascinating we do not need to tamper with them in any way unless absolutely nessecary.

everyone here keeps demanding solid evidence for proof that marijuana will harm a babies development. Well we are dealing with a baby here you dont need doubtless proof, stop being so empirical and scientific.

you want proof use your head. Marijuana is psychoactive and does affect chemical processes in our bodies. It affects the mind. It needs to be processed by the body, it is dissolved through fat and has long lasting affects, it has been shown to affect hormones. It is relativly harmless. But have you seen potheads who smoke everyday, does in not stand to clearly affect the mind and body. just because you cant notice a drug does something, doesnt mean it does not do anything especially on the cellular level. you want to do this to your body thats fine, the fetus is not your body.

taking any non medicinal drug is not very motherly. A mother is protective, nurturing, caring and taking any drug psychoactive without needing to during pregnancy is none of these motherly things.

** and i believe the traditional use for cannabis for "pregnancy" is for labour to help with contractions and releasing the baby. this doesnt have much to do with the actual pregnancy as obviously taking a drug when the baby is fully developed isnt going to do much.

DarthMom said:
the bottom line is, we can. did you read my previous posts? bc, i did

let me note, i am not a pot head, by any means....it is the one drug i use simply midicinally and that is it

i am not normally all feminazi about this shit, i know, it is your child too, but don't tell your breeder how to get over her ills. if she chooses a hit of weed over the meds prescribed by her doc she needs a thank you, not a fuck you.

Been pregnant? Obviously not: I don't have the correct hardware. Had cancer? Yes. And I'll put my chemotherapy up against your morning sickness any day. Heck, I left my final operation with a physical dependance on painkillers. So I eventually even got to experience the pleasures of opiate withdrawal. The latter was nowhere near as bad as chemo, but I'd still bet that it's right up there with your morning sickness.

And yet, throughout my entire treatment, lasting almost as long as a pregnancy, I took a cold-turkey break from the partying, and kept my ass sober. Not a substance passed my lips unless it was prescribed to me by my doctors; not even "just pot".

So just because you've been pregnant and I haven't, don't assume that you're unique in your understanding of a months-long regimen of nausea, pain, and general all-around sickness and hell. If I can take a break from the partyboi lifestyle, and focus on my medical needs, when ONLY my life is at stake; you can stop being a riotgrrl for a while and do the same when it's your life AND another.

If partying and getting high is more important to you, fine. It's your life and your baby and I'm not having any part in raising or supporting it anyway. But don't give me that "You're not a woman so you'll never understand to be sick and go without getting stoned." line of bullocks. Because if a pregnancy is the only health problem you've dealt with; count yourself as lucky, because there are plenty of people out there who've been and felt a whole lot sicker than you.

cya,
john

A pregnant girl smoked me up last night. My girlfriend and I ended up quickly going over the topic of this thread afterwards...

SvnLyrBrto, if you think that your doctors are somehow prescribing you something more medically useful than marijuana, then you're crazy.

Coolio said:
SvnLyrBrto, if you think that your doctors are somehow prescribing you something more medically useful than marijuana, then you're crazy.

Yeah you're "craaaazy" man, you shoulda just kept smoking dope instead of taking your cancer meds, because as we all know, marijuana apparently cures cancer...8)

Seriously, that's one of the most fucking ridiculous comments I've seen to date.

SvnLyrBrto said:
Been pregnant? Obviously not: I don't have the correct hardware. Had cancer? Yes. And I'll put my chemotherapy up against your morning sickness any day. Heck, I left my final operation with a physical dependance on painkillers. So I eventually even got to experience the pleasures of opiate withdrawal. The latter was nowhere near as bad as chemo, but I'd still bet that it's right up there with your morning sickness.

And yet, throughout my entire treatment, lasting almost as long as a pregnancy, I took a cold-turkey break from the partying, and kept my ass sober. Not a substance passed my lips unless it was prescribed to me by my doctors; not even "just pot".

So just because you've been pregnant and I haven't, don't assume that you're unique in your understanding of a months-long regimen of nausea, pain, and general all-around sickness and hell. If I can take a break from the partyboi lifestyle, and focus on my medical needs, when ONLY my life is at stake; you can stop being a riotgrrl for a while and do the same when it's your life AND another.

If partying and getting high is more important to you, fine. It's your life and your baby and I'm not having any part in raising or supporting it anyway. But don't give me that "You're not a woman so you'll never understand to be sick and go without getting stoned." line of bullocks. Because if a pregnancy is the only health problem you've dealt with; count yourself as lucky, because there are plenty of people out there who've been and felt a whole lot sicker than you.

cya,
john
you chose to ignore the benefits of thc for an aid in the hell that is chemo, that is your problem and issue dude, and doesn't mean shit in this conversation

btw, it wasn't me who i am talking about, so don't infer shit that isn't there. i don't smoke weed at all actually. the only reason i am currently considering getting some is bc it helps with insomnia and i have it severly. (oh look, another medical issue the doctors and all of their drugs can't fucking fix, but this little herb can)

^ so true. one of the biggest uses for cannabis is for chemo patients. crazy what people think about this shit.