• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is it true that crack never feels as good as when you first smoke it?

Nooo

Greenlighter
I remember back when I was experimenting with crack the first time I actually got high off it was the best feeling of my life (it was the worst period of my life, but I won't lie, it was the best feeling). I combined it with synthetic weed and after I started getting high off the crack I didn't do anything but clench my teeth together and close my eyes and picture an orgy in my head while I felt like I was having an orgasm over every inch of my body.

The next time I smoked it it made me feel terrific again, but nowhere near that full-body orgasm.

Was it the synthetic weed that made it so strong my first time? I only know 1 other person who ever described their first high as a full-body orgasm but they weren't on synthetic weed their first time. I heard people say you never feel the same high as the first time you ever smoke it, which is why I don't see why people don't stop smoking after their first few highs, but I also heard people say it's just the 1st high of the day that you can't feel again.

If you can never truly feel that 1st high again, why? Does smoking crack 1 time cause permanent damage to your dopamine receptors that make it impossible for them to be that stimulated again? What if the first time you smoke crack it's not really good stuff, but the next time you smoke it it's really good stuff, would your 1st high still be your best high ever then?

Totally FALSE. i was a heavy daily crack smoker for 4 years straight, from age 22 to 26, i just now been 1 year clean..taking your 1st hit of crack is amazing, but as you take more hits your basically just smoking to stop the feigning feeling, or to feel that "mind blowing rush", yes the 1st hit isnt as good as the other hits, but they are still mind blowing.
HOWEVER just like cigarettes, the first cigarette in the morning is the best, it gets you lightheaded, gives you relief, and wakes you up. SAME EXACT THING WITH CRACK, if you smoke crack, and the next day, pick up the pipe again and take the 1st hit, it feels magical all over again like takimg that 1st hit the day before, this "losing the qst hit feeling" only applies for that sday of crack smoking, the next day you get that 1 hit wonder magic feeling all over again..or if u wait 5 hours and take another hit u get that awesome feeling, same without having a cigarette in 5 hours u get that good feeling, i love comparing the two..

no.
it always depends on the quality. tolerance of course is a factor too, and maybe nothing is ever as good as the first time, although i suspect this is mainly a psychological thing.

I don't know about crack, specifically. I have never gotten the same high with any drug as I did the first time I did it. To me, that is why addiction is so ludicrous. I was always chasing the high that I got the first time I did a particular drug.

It's what makes cocaine so 'awesome'.

The high is always there to be had again, and again, and again, and again.....

Yes but it still tastes the same and that's all it takes to keep on using. Anyway nowadays the high is only jitters and paranoia so I quit be fore loosing all my teeth.

Nothing compares to your first hit EVER. ( I heard the train and felt like I had a billion orgasms at once) any subsequent hits are good (its never really bad per se) but like was said before the first hit of the day is the best the rest is just managing your craving for the rest of the day. When you on a serious crack binge and you've been up smoking crack for a week in a hotel room then your not even getting high any more You gotta go to sleep and eat before you'll get high again. There are always exceptions to the rule though. The quality of the crack is of course a major contributing factor. My habit was really bad. I did the math once and calculated a modest estimate on how much I spent on crack over five years and the total is in excess of a quarter million dollars. Mind you thats just what I actually paid for out of pocket thats not including the money i got johns to spend on it or the debt i accrued in fronts from living with the dope man. I was never a window peeper or a tweaker but I was getting a bit jittery and paranoid.

quality is all. However crack is like pizza or cold beer, the first bite/glug/sniff is always the best. Of course it doesn't stop you trying 10 more times just in case it gets even better

I don't know about crack, specifically. I have never gotten the same high with any drug as I did the first time I did it. To me, that is why addiction is so ludicrous. I was always chasing the high that I got the first time I did a particular drug.
I mostly agree, but there are/were a few exceptions, at least for me, to this. For example GHB always felt the same as first time.

Assuming you give your brain enough time to recover, It should feel the same.

Yeah, I don't believe this to be true with any drug. Certain times feel plenty better than other times.

For me it's true for all uppers including e but not for downers. Still that doesn't keep me from fantasizing about cocaine every other day.

i've found this to be the case with any drug i've ever tired the first time is the best

I'd never forget it, how could something so scary and bad that comes from black people in fucking no place i'd ever wanna live feel sooooooo good...... But I did what I was told I hit it and hit it and held it as long as I could and my first hit was a righteous one. After that, it was just a silly waste of money over the years....

The very first time wasn't the best for me. It might have been because I was too cautious and didn't have the technique down. The best hit was when I got my first bellringer. That was awesome.

*sorry if this isn't thread appropriate, I couldn't find a more relevant one* Guys, I was just thinking, I rarely do crack because it lasts so short (and I don't wanna spend loads just for an hour or two of fun) and the come down feels awful for me. Or at least I think it does, because usually when I'm coming down I'm thinking "hey,it's not as bad as I remember" but then after a while when I think about doing some I almost always leave it because I remember the come down as being really horrible. I heard that people don't remember the bad feelings after alcohol as much because of the way it affects brain chemistry, could it be that crack works like that in reverse? Anyone else experience anything like this.

I've never used crack or freebase/base and don't want to; but I know some people who told me how they have.

More than a few told me how they smoked crack once and how not much happened to them, and how it was not fake since the other person or people they were with got high from it. Other people I know who used it said how if it was around or easily available to them they would binge on it and get euphoria from it or keep chasing the high from it until they had smoked all of it. Some loved crack so much that they became addicted to it and would use it all the time daily, and others did go through stages where they would binge on it but did not do this daily.

K guys please don't put me down or anything.. This is just my own honest opinion. Right now as im typing this I am on 60mg of methadone. I was so so addicted to heroin. I swear I tried everything to come off of it but nothing worked. Anyway, my whole reason for typing that out was to share with everyone that crack or cocaine either one will cause physical withdrawal symptoms. But if anyone knows about an addiction it would be me and I know that the mental part of addiction can be on this worse than the physical

I was heavily addicted to crack cocaine for a period well over a year, and I can say based on my experience, no, that is not a true statement. It is an oft repeated drug cliche. The strongest times I had on crack were when I learned to hold the entire crack hit in my lungs while still managing to take rapid, staccato 'microbreaths' that gave my brain enough oxygen to where it didn't feel like it was asphyxiating while simultaneously not exhaling the crack smoke from my lungs. This worked wonders and made even dime rocks quite satisfying. For some reason, this is not the case at all for ice methamphetamine vapor hits, which can be exhaled virtually instantaneously from when they were inhaled with no diminished effect as when compared to times that they vapor was held in longer. I have never heard a satisfactory explanation for this difference between crack smoke and ice vapor and probably never will.