• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is it safe to wear a 25mcg Fentanyl patch that expired in the summer of 2010? Would it be weaker or stronger by now?

Yes. My guess is that it would be of similar strength.

A doctor friend of mine once told me that most antibiotics and abuse potential drugs are made to literally broke down to stop misuse of pharmaceutical. Did you already try it?

I don't know about the patch but there are many people who eat decades old opiates, barbiturates and benzos; I haven't heard any of them saying that the medication didn't work.

So I put the patch on last night at 8:30pm (still wearing it). I don't feel a damn thing, to be perfectly honest. Hopefully its just a delayed fuse or something. From what I remember in my experience with Fentanyl, they shouldn't take a whole day before you start feeling the effects.

So I put the patch on last night at 8:30pm (still wearing it). I don't feel a damn thing, to be perfectly honest. Hopefully its just a delayed fuse or something. From what I remember in my experience with Fentanyl, they shouldn't take a whole day before you start feeling the effects.
The patch usually has a very slow onset and it’s not a sudden rush. Patches are made to disperse the med slowly throughout the day for all day pain relief. Not the best to abuse IMO it’s going to be a subtle high