• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is it safe to take 50mg/ml of methadone when having tapered to 4mg/mL dose? (urgent)

plague66

Bluelighter
Hello.

I have been past month tapering down from 60mg/ml methadone and I am currently stable at 4mg/mL, yesterday skipped the methadone alltogether and took 300mg of Tramadol, felt no euphoric high but a relaxed feeling for sure. By being stable I mean I have appetite, I sleep 8-10 hours without waking up in the meantime with the help of 2mg Clonazepam every morning. So the question is, will I be safe consuming around 50-60mg of methadone, will I even get high or is it plain dangerous?

Last edited:
OH GOD NO!

4mg has you feeling normal and good? taking 50mg is basically suicide for you right now! PLEASE DON'T DO IT!

At my clinic, when you taper down for 3 or more days, your dose will be cut in half if you miss JUST ONE DAY.

For example, I used to be on 90mg of Methadone, lets say I tapered down to 75mg in 3 days, and missed a day after that, your dose WILL NOT be more than 40mg after, then slowly go back up again to your normal dose at 5mg each day again.

TRUST ME, Methadone is different than ALL OTHER opiates. Your tolerance rises AND drops dramatically on Methadone.

Going from 4mg ALL THE WAY BACK to 50-60mg is only asking for trouble OR death, don't be stupid! Talk to your doctor! He'll know exactly what to do.

He is indeed trying to get high, judging by the last sentence he made.
Such a significant jump sounds dangerous maybe try doubling your dose, if you want to get high, going from 4mg to 8mg?

Well at the time I made this post I ended up consuming 85mg/mL of the juice with 6mg clonazepam and passed the fuck out (OD-d) for 10 hours and spent next 2 days puking.

It was like:

00:00 consumed 50mg/mL methadone
+00:30 feeling chilled and relaxed but nothing special
+01:00 same so I popped one 2mg Clonazepam
+01:30 same, drank 15mg/mL (65 total)
+02:00 maybe a bit more sedated, disappointed popped another 10mg/10mL (75 total) and another 2mg clonazepam
+03:00 a bit more sedation and feeling good but def no euph or nod, drank 10mg/10mL extra and another 2mg clonazepam

And after that I dont remember anything, woke up 14 hours later in my chair my neck all cramped up, pupils pinpoint and straight to projectile vomiting.

What fooled me was that while on MMT I remember getting relief within 20 minutes but now as Ive read getting high with it while not on MMT and esp. with the juice is really different. It could take up to 5 hours as Ive read.

So now I consumed 50mg/mL with no clonaz and no plan to redose as it should get me high as fuck in the next hours judging by the last time which probably nearly killed me. My tolerance at the moment is 150mg Tramadol per day.

+05:30 today after consuming 65mg/mL of the juice with 2mg clonazepam sublingually.

Feeling exactly how I want. Nodding, euphoria, feel good to the max. No neg side effects. Took 5 hours to reach the plateau.

^ In a sense I am glad it worked for you but it could have easily ended in death. I am getting confused at the part where you wake and vomit, was that in this experience or a different one? Any how it is very dangerous to attempt to get high on methadone as it isnt all that strong (in the euphoric sense) which can easily lead to not waking up, as you eventually just fall asleep waiting to get high.

The one time I had success getting high on methadone I had no tolerance and took 10mg. Now that I understand opiates and what they do I wouldnt risk abusing methadone. The whole having to sip on a dangerous opiate for hours until i slowly reach a desired point just seems reckless. Definitely something you do with a sober person who can supervise and that reason is why its not worth it to me so much prep/risk for so little euphoria

Methadone is a tricky substance. I've been on it for almost a year at 60mg and obviously don't catch a buzz. I got higher off of 3mg of suboxone than this stuff. I miss three days at the clinic with a fent patch on and I was having withdrawals through the patch. Go figure...

No, it's definitely not safe. I would routinely take doses of 120mg+ as I was crossing the 30mg threshold and barely caught a buzz. I know my own body, am young and am relatively healthy, so what goes for me might not go for you. If you are intent on getting high - or trying to - on methadone, than be smart and titrate. Methadone does sick things to your tolerance and I think you will be surprised by how much you can take even on a low dose of MMT, but this flagrant practice is highly inadvisable.

it isnt worth taking big doses of methadone, u will feel fuck all, be dissapointed and take more, but still feel fuck all. which is when it gets dangerous. cus u feel fine even tho your body is full of opioids. Thats y meth is a good maintenance drug, it hAS NO RECREATIONAL VALUE, trust me ive tried. save it and take it as your supposed too.

it isnt worth taking big doses of methadone, u will feel fuck all, be dissapointed and take more, but still feel fuck all. which is when it gets dangerous. cus u feel fine even tho your body is full of opioids. Thats y meth is a good maintenance drug, it hAS NO RECREATIONAL VALUE, trust me ive tried. save it and take it as your supposed too.

How does it have no recreational value... a friend of mine was presribed methadone... and he would snort it and so he gave me a line to snort and holy fuck that burned me nose so bad, but that shit FUCKED me up... got so itchy... pinpoint eyes... and all fucked up... it def can be abused

You keep referring to mg/ml measurements. That measures concentration (how many milligrams of drug are in each milliliter of liquid), not dose. So it's a bit nonsensical the way the question is posed. I assume you actually mean how many mg of drug you're taking (or maybe even ml of liquid of an equal concentration)?