• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Opioids Is It Safe To Take 225mg Tramadol

PlowTsc

Bluelighter
Ibuprofen is an excellent medication actually. It works, well and it works well in combination with other meds. It would be stupid not to prescribe it or another in the same class.
I am not disagreeing with you on Ibuprofen, I know it is an excellent medicine. But why would there be a prescription for 800mg when you can buy it OTC? That is where I am coming from on that.

LordOfThisWorld

Bluelighter
Honestly to be prescribed 800mg of ibuprofen is a joke when you can just get the OTC, something that has puzzled me for many years.
Exactly, if you tell a doctor a pain med isn’t working why the hell would he prescribe you the same thing?

This is not fair people shouldn’t have to put up with pain the doctor should be able to look up your med history instantly and see you have had any issues with pain meds.

I don’t mean to sound cold, but it’s not my fault people are abusing opioids and dying from them and it’s not right them denying you something that relieves the pain even Tramadol would help which I’ve had to buy on my own and only take it on the weekend when I’m home.

PrincessDiz

Banríon na Fothrach
I am not disagreeing with you on Ibuprofen, I know it is an excellent medicine. But why would there be a prescription for 800mg when you can buy it OTC? That is where I am coming from on that.
It’s cheaper OTC is why probably.

PrincessDiz

Banríon na Fothrach
I did go to urgent care first and stressed the pain and the idiot doctor gave me Meloxicam and wouldn’t do an X-ray after I asked for one instead she did a ekg because it was my left shoulder she then reffered me to an orthopedic who after I told him that neither the Meloxicam or ibuprofen 800 mg i already had a script for from my primary care physician wasn’t helping my pain, he still only gave me a script for 800 mg of ibuprofen. I got the feeling he though I was fishing for pain meds, which I’m not, sincerely, the pain is so bad I’m popping the ibuprofen and three hours later I’m popping two arthritis strength Tylenol because the pain is so bad, and I still have to stop and go sit down until the pain lets up.

And check this out I read the X-ray results myself and there is no damage inside, so now I’m baffled why I’m in so much pain, and am thinking my new doctor I’ll be seeing will send me for an mri, because the X-ray shows no damage to my arm.
I doubt very much you’ve a break or something obvious which is why you won’t see it on x ray. You’ve probably ligament damage or rotator cuff issues. Shoulders are truly a bitch because there is so much that can go wrong. An MRI will show it up but I think unless you’re gonna be insistent they aren’t keen on doing them. I’m sure you are capable of ensuring you get to the bottom of the issue though. Be specific with them about the pain, when it’s sore, the type of pain, what eases it etc. It will help.

PlowTsc

Bluelighter
It really is but who knows, maybe its the doc showing to the ins comp they did something, I don't know

PrincessDiz

Banríon na Fothrach
Buy or ask to be prescribed ibuprofen gel for your shoulder. Slather that shit on. There is things like deep heat or a cold spray. Either or can be used. You can alternate a heat and a cold pack on your shoulder too which can help.
A warm bath with Epsom salts making sure your shoulder is in the water obviously.
Cbd salves are up there for pain, if you can find ones I would definitely try them.

LordOfThisWorld

Bluelighter
I doubt very much you’ve a break or something obvious which is why you won’t see it on x ray. You’ve probably ligament damage or rotator cuff issues. Shoulders are truly a bitch because there is so much that can go wrong. An MRI will show it up but I think unless you’re gonna be insistent they aren’t keen on doing them. I’m sure you are capable of ensuring you get to the bottom of the issue though. Be specific with them about the pain, when it’s sore, the type of pain, what eases it etc. It will help.
No it’s not a break because I haven’t had an accident or lefties anything heavy, not at this new job I’m at anyway, my previous job three months ago was really physically intensive, constantly lifting heavy things and moving 55 gallon drums around.

This shoulder pain just popped up out of the blue one day without any trauma or me lifting anything heavy.

LordOfThisWorld

Bluelighter
Buy or ask to be prescribed ibuprofen gel for your shoulder. Slather that shit on. There is things like deep heat or a cold spray. Either or can be used. You can alternate a heat and a cold pack on your shoulder too which can help.
A warm bath with Epsom salts making sure your shoulder is in the water obviously.
Cbd salves are up there for pain, if you can find ones I would definitely try them.
I’ve done it all and nothing helps, I’ve used shit loads of Voltaren which is an nsaid cream, and that doesn’t help, Tramadol does though but it also makes me sleepy so I know I can’t take that at work.

PlowTsc

Bluelighter
I disagree because with experience, if a doc gave me a script for 800mg ibuprofen, I would laugh and throw that script right back into their face.

PrincessDiz

Banríon na Fothrach
I’ve done it all and nothing helps, I’ve used shit loads of Voltaren which is an nsaid cream, and that doesn’t help, Tramadol does though but it also makes me sleepy so I know I can’t take that at work.
You’re gonna have to just ensure you’ve the MRI and see what that shows. Honestly like I say, shoulders are a bitch it could be anything. But again I reiterate, tramadol is about the best you will get and you’ll be lucky to even get it. They are cracking down hard and also you don’t wanna be catching an addiction to something stronger anyway. Tramadol is a Bitch to taper from but it’s not the worst.

Luvs2sp00ge

Greenlighter
To the OP. I am very very seasoned in my pharmaceuticals. I am 28 now but I can tell you in my late teens and early 20s I could take 1000-1500mg of tramadol and I was just fine back then I only had like a every other weekend tolerance and I loved take 20 50mg trams all the time. If you are prone to seizures than absolutely don’t take trams but other than that you’ll be fine bro as long as your at least 150lbs. Hope this helps!

PrincessDiz

Banríon na Fothrach
To the OP. I am very very seasoned in my pharmaceuticals. I am 28 now but I can tell you in my late teens and early 20s I could take 1000-1500mg of tramadol and I was just fine back then I only had like a every other weekend tolerance and I loved take 20 50mg trams all the time. If you are prone to seizures than absolutely don’t take trams but other than that you’ll be fine bro as long as your at least 150lbs. Hope this helps!
This is poor harm reduction. Doses over 400mg are incredibly dangerous. You got lucky you didn’t have a seizure, best not to boast about it.