• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Opioids Is It Safe To Take 225mg Tramadol

LordOfThisWorld

Bluelighter
Is it safe to take 225mg of Tramadol at once if you haven’t taken it it in a long time? Use to take 100mg,

4meSM

Bluelighter
Why not start with 100mg then? You can always take more later.

With tramadol I never saw the benefits of taking a big dose at once.

LordOfThisWorld

Bluelighter
Why not start with 100mg then? You can always take more later.

With tramadol I never saw the benefits of taking a big dose at once.
I think they are time release they are 225mg, would it be ok to cut it in half?

imnewherecanyouhelpme

Greenlighter
Only if you have a tolderance it!!! That can be dangerous if not. Tramadol was my DOC lol. Started with 100mg, I think after a couple weeks went to 150. And maybe weekly kept increasing to 50mg. Man, I miss that stuff. But I was using everyday and I eventually moved on to other drugs (sober now). Please be careful, have fun!

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Some have taken the perfectly recommended doses and seized out on tramadol.. while others have completely disregarded any aspect of the seizure component and have never had an issue at all. So this question is very difficult to answer. If you have no history of seizures or any medication/health factors that would increase your risk of them than I don't think it would be a problem. The overdose from the opioids itself (aka literally stop breathing) is probably more of an issue for many who don't have tolerance to opioids. 400 mgs is probably a no go zone though.

The same for percocet. I know someone that took an obscene amount of percocet in one go (someone with heavy heroin tolerance at the time). There's the standard for recommendations for things like tylenol and tramadol--but in the end the "safe dose" is so arbitrary. It's actually incredibly hard to die from substances lol. I shouldn't have written the "lol" but I'm sure bluelight members have self-administered doses of *insert here* that would make scientists scratch their heads. Some of those doses were probably enough to kill 3 families combined in one go. What one person can handle versus another would take an excel spreadsheet of their body data and metabolisms/etc to determine.

Last edited:

LordOfThisWorld

Bluelighter
I'll be getting my trial pills in a couple of days, what's the worse that could happen if I take the whole 225mg and it's time release tablets?

Nicocastillo7

Bluelighter
I'm sure bluelight members have self-administered doses of *insert here* that would make scientists scratch their heads.
This is very true, I have literally taken 2gr of tramadol. I had a habit of 1500mg a day for a long time ... today I took 1000mg and I am fine, I feel very good, I had not taken any opiates 5 days ago. So yes, all this is very arbitrary. 5 days ago we took tramadol with my friends (I am living with 2 friends) and one of them had no tolerance, he had never tried it and took 300mg, he vomited a little but later he felt very good and he liked it, but he no longer wants to taking opiates
I am only telling my personal experience, I do not recommend this type of recklessness. I even took nbome these days and I've been getting too drunk, don't be like that, be careful and have fun!

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I'll be getting my trial pills in a couple of days, what's the worse that could happen if I take the whole 225mg and it's time release tablets?
I'm sorry I don't know your opioid tolerance or history of use. If you don't have much history with them (I assume you do not yet because you've made this thread but could be wrong), then the worst thing that could happen is that you get intoxicated--sedated and the effects are too strong. You don't want to be around people who expect you to be drop dead sober in that scenario. I don't think one would overdose on that amount but it's not a chance you want to be taking either unless you have mild tolerance to opioids in general in my opinion.

There's a sweetspot for opioids when it comes to low tolerance I've found. 10 milligrams of percocet for me was wonderful but 30 milligrams was dysphoric with shallow breathing and paranoia. It was actually a waste of any dose at all by that point. This was at my very start of experimenting with opioids. And don't redose in one day quite just yet I'd say. For example, if 225mg is great and the effects are not too strong I'd heavily advise not redosing 225mg again later that day until you develop a tolerance. So maybe until after about a week or two one dose per day (or 225mg's split into half doses twice in a day) would really be the best thing. You'll want to keep your tolerance as low as possible for as long as you possibly can in the grand scheme of things.

*I think what I'm going to type out is very important because even people just lurking through the thread might find the same thing. There's a sweetspot for literally every substance and one's body metabolism/tolerance. Many addicts believe that taking more of a substance will get you higher and have better effects for what they're used for--this is very wrong. I'll use adderall for instance since that is my cup of tea these days. 120 milligrams of adderall is my best dose for the everything I want out of it. One time I took 200 milligrams to see what would happen. It was a complete and utter waste and felt exactly like 120 milligrams. Take that how you want lol. Opioids it's the same thing for me.

Last edited:

tarman

Bluelighter
Everyone's different, and seeing as this is a harm reduction site, it's good to see people issuing caution.

That being said, if you've got a history of opiate use and have that longterm tolerance (tolerance is the wrong word, but you know what I mean- if your neurons aren't opioid virgins), then 225 isn't gonna send you into convulsions, particularly if it's extended release. Although extended release can be dangerous in its own right, so be careful and all that. I always found tramadol got weirder as the doses went up. Sort of a light, airy feeling, floaty, spacey, odd body buzz, but not necessarily in the most pleasant sense.

Some of the most important things to consider are: what else is in your system? This is a key question for tramadol. It's got SSRI and SNRI activities. So, if you're on prozac and take 225, you might be in for an unpleasant/deathly time.

I dunno though. It can't hurt to just try half and see what you get, like people have been saying. It's not like gabapentin, which, for me, can take like 2 or even 3 fuckin hours to kick in, even on an empty stomach. With tramadol, you should know within an hour or hour and half how you're doing. Go slow. And make sure you're not mixing it with something you shouldn't.

Last edited:

LordOfThisWorld

Bluelighter
Everyone's different, and seeing as this is a harm reduction site, it's good to see people issuing caution.

That being said, if you've got a history of opiate use and have that longterm tolerance (tolerance is the wrong word, but you know what I mean- if your neurons aren't opioid virgins), then 225 isn't gonna send you into convulsions, particularly if it's extended release. Although extended release can be dangerous in its own right, so be careful and all that. I always found tramadol got weirder as the doses went up. Sort of a light, airy feeling, floaty, spacey, odd body buzz, but not necessarily in the most pleasant sense.

Some of the most important things to consider are: what else is in your system? This is a key question for tramadol. It's got SSRI and SNRI activities. So, if you're on prozac and take 225, you might be in for an unpleasant/deathly time.

I dunno though. It can't hurt to just try half and see what you get, like people have been saying. It's not like gabapentin, which, for me, can take like 2 or even 3 fuckin hours to kick in, even on an empty stomach. With tramadol, you should know within an hour or hour and half how you're doing. Go slow. And make sure you're not mixing it with something you shouldn't.
I take ambien for sleep, klonopin for anxiety, Crestor, metformin and jardiance for now, I’m not on opioids last time I took Percocet was two years ago for a surgery I had, that was it, so my tolerance should not be high at all, unless Benzos increase tolerance for Tramadol.

Last edited: