• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is it safe to substitute fentanyl for heroin?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Okay, so I'm being given the option to buy 1g of quality heroin or 3g of what he calls China white. Both are the exact same price, which is why I'm asking here (but not listing the price:)).

The heroin is up around 85-90% purity (verified it's true), and the "China white" is a furanyl-fentanyl/mannitol mix. Not only is the "China White" (I'm just going to call it CW) much more potent he says, but I'm literally getting 3x more, and of a supposedly more potent product, than if I went with the 1g heroin. I've never had fentanyl before so I have no experience with it, but he's also calling it white heroin so I'm assuming the effects of fentanyl and heroin are the same?

What do you guys think? Is it safe to buy the 3g of white? I'm extremely tight on money right now so currently it seems like a no-brainer but I figured I'd ask anyway.

In short, no it is not safe. But heroin is pretty unsafe to begin with.

There is not much info for furanylfentanyl at all for starters, but fentanyl analogs are notorious for causing overdoses due to potency. You have to consider that since fentanyl analogs are extremely potent it will be cut down significantly, and I guess I would worry about it not being evenly cut. What if your first dose is mostly mannitol and the next one is all furanylfentanyl? Also I think I remember reading that despite its strength people tend to find fentanyl and its analogs less pleasant than heroin anyways (I don't really use opiates so I can't speak from experience).

Seems weird to recommend heroin as harm reduction but I think in this situation it might be the safer choice if it is of high purity and you are experienced with it already.

I hear the fent doesn't really have any legs, also obviously more dangerous. Don't wanna hit a hot spot and drop dead.

In short, no it is not safe. But heroin is pretty unsafe to begin with.

There is not much info for furanylfentanyl at all for starters, but fentanyl analogs are notorious for causing overdoses due to potency. You have to consider that since fentanyl analogs are extremely potent it will be cut down significantly, and I guess I would worry about it not being evenly cut. What if your first dose is mostly mannitol and the next one is all furanylfentanyl? Also I think I remember reading that despite its strength people tend to find fentanyl and its analogs less pleasant than heroin anyways (I don't really use opiates so I can't speak from experience).

Seems weird to recommend heroin as harm reduction but I think in this situation it might be the safer choice if it is of high purity and you are experienced with it already.
The guy gets it from a lab with a mixer and everything, so I trust it's evenly mixed. Normally I wouldnt consider fent, but to get so much more for so much cheaper it's hard to pass up.

I'll probably go with the heroin because that's what I'm used to, but it sure would be nice to be able to get something I can conveniently snort instead of taking the time to smoke heroin (I get #3 around here). I've tried mixing the heroin with lemon juice and water and snorting it (surprisingly no, snorting lemon juice isn't really painful), but it still seems like I'm not getting the full effect from it that I should be. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, though.

As for it seeming weird recommending heroin on a harm reduction site, there are definitely worse drugs out there. Heroin, as addicting as opiates are, definitely gets a worse rep than it deserves in my opinion. I think that instead, if anything, opiates in general should get a bad rep, but to a much lesser extent. In comparison to Krokadil, for example, heroin is nothing.

As for it seeming weird recommending heroin on a harm reduction site, there are definitely worse drugs out there. Heroin, as addicting as opiates are, definitely gets a worse rep than it deserves in my opinion. I think that instead, if anything, opiates in general should get a bad rep, but to a much lesser extent. In comparison to Krokadil, for example, heroin is nothing.

Yeah, I'm definitely aware there are worse drugs but it feels weird for me to recommend heroin since it has actually killed people I know. I'm not a fan of opiates in general. But if we're just comparing then yeah I'd take the CW over krokadil, but heroin over either.

Yeah, I'm definitely aware there are worse drugs but it feels weird for me to recommend heroin since it has actually killed people I know. I'm not a fan of opiates in general. But if we're just comparing then yeah I'd take the CW over krokadil, but heroin over either.
Let's just say if I die then so be it, I've had enough of life anyway.

Definatly f ing not. I'm in Alberta canada guys there's been like 300 deaths cause of that garbage

a fentanyl high is a lot different than a heroin high and in a really lame and unnecessarily dangerous way

Agreed man. Drug organizations here are putting it in alot of drugs it's half sketchy when u get something not off your reg.

SS, man surely the only reason you're considering that Fent is cause you're unsure about your H#3 & citric when you aren't chasing the �� especially if the H really is high purity. You know, or at least are fairly sure the Fent powder is mixed to a satisfactory standard and more to the point - it is powder and powder that's quality is easier to work with, I can understand your dilemma if that is it or near to. hmm.

Even if the Fent-Analogue is more for the same price consider its very short half-life and the impact it will have on your tolerance.
You would probably extremely raise your tolerance and consume more in shorter time periods compared to the H.

So no, don't go with the "China White". It is just a step to the endlevel of opioid addiction until your normal H won't satisfy you anymore or even kill the withdrawals from the Furanyl-Fentanyl.
Not even mentioning the OD-potential it is a very bad idea.

i can't relate to this but i would say go with the heroin, especially if you know its high quality. Most of the ODs i hear of come in form of using fent or accidentally using fent.. Like "ForGreatScience" said. u never know how its mixed. but also, why not buy both.... if u arent short on cash thats what i would probably do. test it out and have the knowledge of the stuff. but if u dont got a high tolerance id 100% say no.

Having used heroin and fentanyl at different times and having had a habit with each-- fentanyl does indeed jack up your tolerance. When I first messed with fentanyl patches i could catch a nod from 20 mg oxy. Fast forward about 8 months. Sandoz brand patches (best for buccal) were discontinued. I switched to heroin and was at a 5-6 bag at a time / 3-4 times per day habit.

It's a shorter high. Some people like it. A lot don't. It's active at such small doses so it's hard to get the right dose

And your " China white" also involves fentanyl analogues that I would stay far away from.

Not that I normally tell someone " yeah get the h". But in this either/or it is a better option.

And ponder this-- there's probably a reason the guy is pushing the fent, esp at the "bargain" deal... And it may not be a positive reason

Stay safe. You may not see it now but life still has a lot to offer. You're still young...and in that tough transition "finding yourself" time...

And the other bad thing with fentanyl OD (and fentanyl analogues) is that fentanyl has a much higher binding affinity than heroin. If you OD naloxone won't necessarily bring you back, because it may not be able to knock fentanyl off the receptors. And I'm pretty sure you don't want your family to find you cold and blue in the morning...

Fent is like dillies in the aspect you get a killer rush and then pretty much back to baseline and then wears off completely and into withdrawal within 6 hours(depending on your addiction level). heroin you get the rush and then have the warm and fuzzys for a few hours not with fent!
N it s not safer to witch. Fentanyl is measured in micro grams and what scares me is these dope dealers mix it if they get lazy and cut corners or add just a little to much you will be wearing a ring around your toe and in a cold box!

Im not really into fentanyl and it analogues.
Had a minor dance with pure Acetyl Fentanyl powder this summer, smoked on foil and IV'ed.

The high is short, very short you will be smoking it CONTANTLY. Even waking up multiple times a night just to smoke a foil to get back to sleep.
It has strange negative effects like sweating and stuff.
IVing fentanyl is FOR ME, a complete waste. First time IVing Acetyl Fentanyl I overdosed hard.
You kind of don't feel the rush you just black out/nod out immedietly.

I choose heroin everyday, much more euphoric and has legs.

SS, man surely the only reason you're considering that Fent is cause you're unsure about your H#3 & citric when you aren't chasing the �� especially if the H really is high purity. You know, or at least are fairly sure the Fent powder is mixed to a satisfactory standard and more to the point - it is powder and powder that's quality is easier to work with, I can understand your dilemma if that is it or near to. hmm.
Money for amount of uses is a bigger factor for me than the ability to snort it, but it certainly would be nice if I could just snort what I use instead of smoking every time. With smoking yeah, I get a rush and it works, but I need to smoke quite a bit and continue to smoke more until I can finally reach that nod I'm aiming for (I have gotten pretty good at chasing the dragon though). With snorting not only do I save my self a lot of time, because smoking does take some time for me, but i don't need any external materials like foil/lighters, and I also hit the nod quicker as opposed to gradually progressing up to where I want to be when smoking.

i can't relate to this but i would say go with the heroin, especially if you know its high quality. Most of the ODs i hear of come in form of using fent or accidentally using fent.. Like "ForGreatScience" said. u never know how its mixed. but also, why not buy both.... if u arent short on cash thats what i would probably do. test it out and have the knowledge of the stuff. but if u dont got a high tolerance id 100% say no.
Like I said in the original post, I'm broke, failing to pay off loans, and not financially well off currently, so buying both isn't an option.

One to one comparison - Heroin over fentanyl all day, every day.

Fentanyl has a great rush - very euphoric - but when the rush breaks, the nod is short lived and not particularly warm. It's all over in under 2 hours. No thanks.

Heroins rush isn't quite as intense or euphoric as fentanyls, but it still amazing, and the resulting hours long nod is heaven to me.

I'll never do it again, but heroin is the IV opiod king for me, and I had them all at some point.

Shadowstryker, why do you even bother asking questions when you generally don't listen to the advice that is given? First you open a thread about jumping from oxy to H and pretty much everyone warned you away but you did it anyway claiming you will save money. Later you post a thread complaining about the constant cravings of H and seeking advice on how to control them when that is the nature of the beast. Now you're trying to justify fucking with fent which everyone is telling you is extremely dangerous. You were supposedly gonna save all this money doing H instead of oxy but now your saying your going broke so obviously that didn't pan out too well.

Pretty much everyone here is warning you off the fent (or analogue) but you still SEEM determined to use it or are at least trying to justify why it would be a better idea. I feel like you're gonna be a textbook case of how addiction destroys lives and we're gonna sit back on BL and watch it unfold. I'm really not trying to flame you man, I'm not. But you seem determined to walk the path of destruction no matter what any seasoned users who have been there done that tell you. It's not worth it man. When all the sudden you realize that you can't breath and are about to pass out and OD and that you've fucked up big time it wont be a good feeling, trust me. Be safe man! Saving a little money ain't worth the risk of OD. Listen to the advice you're given. So many people have taken the time to try and steer you right. You say you don't care if you die but saying that now and actually being in real danger of death are two different things and you may not feel the same then.