• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants is it safe to mix vyvanse and purple drank?

livinginahaze

Bluelighter
is there any kind of health risk or drug interaction between codeine and amphetamines? idk what else is in purple drank besides codeine and the prescription cough syrup it comes from but as far as i know nothing in it should mix badly with uppers (specifically vyvanse if that matters) i just wanna make sure in case im wrong. i plan to drink it after i start coming down anyway but if i wanted to would it be safe to be high on them both at the same time?

yes there are risks. mixing uppers and downers is something doctors will advise not doing. but people do it all the time. will u die? probably not but its possible..

Next time please don't use slang, not everyone will know what the fuck "purple drank" means

"Purple drank", "Lean", "Dirty Sprite" or whatever the kids are calling it nowadays is usually based on cough syrup containing both codeine and Promethazine.
The latter is an old-fashioned antihistamine/antipsychotic drug that potentiates the sedating effect of the codeine, decreases your nausea and actually diminishes the euphoria of your combo by blocking various receptors.

The main danger with upper/downer combos is that the upper may mask but not actually decrease the impairing effects of the downer (making you feel less wasted than you actually are).

"Purple drank", "Lean", "Dirty Sprite" or whatever the kids are calling it nowadays is usually based on cough syrup containing both codeine and Promethazine.
The latter is an old-fashioned antihistamine/antipsychotic drug that potentiates the sedating effect of the codeine, decreases your nausea and actually diminishes the euphoria of your combo by blocking various receptors.

The main danger with upper/downer combos is that the upper may mask but not actually decrease the impairing effects of the downer (making you feel less wasted than you actually are).

This. Don't mix lean/drank, etc. with Vyvanse.

there's definitely a health risk when one combines cns stimulants and cns depressants

Yeah I mixed them and I was fine but probably not the best choice healthwise I'm sure. I found that the lean did take the edge off of the vyvanse high but probably too much cause I was slurring my words and walking funny. And even tho the vyvanse cancelled most of the physical drowsiness thinking clearly was still not possible lol I'd advise just saving lean for after you come down now but I don't regret mixing them once, can be fun if your not going anywhere or doing anything

Also I took a fairly low dose of lean and I had decent vyvanse tolerance at the time. I wouldn't advise mixing high doses of each or bad shit probably could happen from the combo.

Yeah I mixed them and I was fine but probably not the best choice healthwise I'm sure. I found that the lean did take the edge off of the vyvanse high but probably too much cause I was slurring my words and walking funny. And even tho the vyvanse cancelled most of the physical drowsiness thinking clearly was still not possible lol I'd advise just saving lean for after you come down now but I don't regret mixing them once, can be fun if your not going anywhere or doing anything

Or just trade that overpriced syrup garbage in for either a) a proper opioid or b) a benzo.

I totally agree with you, at the time I had never done oxy and no one was holding xanax but nowadays oxy is the only opioid I spend money on. I had some nice lean highs but I can't say I prefer it to anything lol