• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Is it safe to mix Kratom and/or Phenibut and/or Prolintane with Doxycycline??

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I'm on a 2 week cycle of Doxycycline and want to know if there could be a dangerous interaction if I take Kratom and/or Phenibut and/or Prolintane while on it.

Not much is known about Prolintane other than it's a stimulant so maybe you guys won't have answers to that but I'm figuring you should have answers about the other two.

I am taking the Doxycycline for an Impetigo infection and I'm especially not sure if the histamine release from Kratom could cause an issue.

I didn't tell my dermatologist what Kratom was but asked if I should avoid opioids while on Doxy and she said "it would probably be a good idea to be on the safe side" meaning that she didn't necessarily see a direct contraindication but thought it might be prudent.

Does anyone know the answer to this and IN PARTICULAR if Kratom has any negative interactions with Doxycycline?

Does it make it ineffective or is it dangerous to take with it?

If people don't answer quickly it's possible I might already have found out for myself lol...

I wouldn't mix phenibut with anything. I almost died after combining it with mirtazapine because it just knocked me out so hard I vomited while on my back. And my daily regimen consists of mirtazapine, various opioids, and strong benzos (usually k-pins or Xanax). I DO NOT advise doing that, but to quote Charlie Kelly, "I can handle my sedatives bro" and phenibut nearly killed me so I'd be careful.

I wouldn't mix phenibut with anything. I almost died after combining it with mirtazapine because it just knocked me out so hard I vomited while on my back. And my daily regimen consists of mirtazapine, various opioids, and strong benzos (usually k-pins or Xanax). I DO NOT advise doing that, but to quote Charlie Kelly, "I can handle my sedatives bro" and phenibut nearly killed me so I'd be careful.

I read about your experience and while I'm sorry it happened to you I personally think it was a fairly uncommon reaction.

I've already mixed Phenibut with Kratom, Prolintane, Dexadrine, SMALL amount of alcohol (THAT is generally unsafe unless it's a VERY small amount) Klonopin, Lexapro and a couple other things all with no issues.

Lots of things CAN interact badly due to factors we don't know much about, but I don't personally think your reaction was typical.

Phenibut has its risks but I don't personally believe once a week usage of doses no higher than 4,000mgs is USUALLY dangerous.

i don't think it should be mixed with other serious CNS depressants except perhaps in the smallest doses though.

I personally think it came down to bad timing, both drugs kicked in at the exact same time, but you're probably right, I'm just one case. I just don't want the same thing to happen to anyone else. Still, if you start feeling an uncomfortable level of sedation, you should get someone to watch over you if you can, just in case. The only reason my stupid ass is alive is because I never mix new drugs or higher doses when alone.