• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction is it safe to inject pill dyes??

infantannihilator

Bluelighter
Ive got some e pills, for shits I crushed some, let them dissolve as much as possible, filtered with a cotton wad and an insulin pin to draw up as much fluid (used more than one), and then I backloaded a 3mm barrel with a wheel filter, and filtered, but the resulting liquid is bright red.

I'm assuming this is a major nono, but then again, it could be just harmless food colouring - the colour rubs off the pills themselves

It's not advisable to inject dyes, but it's not likely to be acutely toxic.

It's not the best for you, but I did it anyway... I ended up tattooing my hand with a tiny green dot (unintentional) because of the green dye of a pill i banged... weird, huh? I know that it's not toxic because it's safe for oral consumption.

It's not the best for you, but I did it anyway... I ended up tattooing my hand with a tiny green dot (unintentional) because of the green dye of a pill i banged... weird, huh? I know that it's not toxic because it's safe for oral consumption.

While I see your logic, wheels are spinning in my head that says that's not necessarily true.

Either way, I ended up trying.. Hit the cephalic vein upperforearm (I find this really easy, its a huge vein and is "contained" really well) and the typical bulge it leads to in the crook of my arm vanished. there wasnt any pain injecting or anything of the sort, and no lumps, bumps, or histamine reaction of any sort but it kinda scared me a little. A ok today, but I think it was too irritating or perhaps some other unknown content of the pill caused localized vasoconstriction? Strange, but enough for me to know not to try this again. That said, I need to take a break from the needle before this becomes an issue. I like to think the infatuation is dying down a little..

cheers

Just because the dyes used are foodsafe doesn't mean they are going to be the nicest things to inject.

Just because the dyes used are foodsafe doesn't mean they are going to be the nicest things to inject.
I know that... I'm saying that it's not going to kill you... Re: "It's not the best for you but i did it anyway"...

are you actually from Pakistan? My husband's parents are from Pakistan (he was born here)... yup...

You seem to have got away with it... though I understand your reservations! I have a suspicion that brilliant dyes like this are partially used in pill coatings to discourage IV use? Perhaps red is a poor choice, considering the colour of blood? Whatever, if ir puts you off, most pills clean up nicely with a very quick wash or wipe with acetone, and providing you dry them thoroughly, before a quick rinse with distilled water, the dye should be gone - with the added bonust that they will be pretty sterile, clean and free from contaminats like skin oils and bacteria etc. Can do no harm AFAIK, the inner protective coating should remain intact and prevent any undesirable chemical reaction with the acetone, though I doubt that would be a problem with most stuff wanted for IV injections. Use pure acetone of course, not nail varnish remover! Vodka might well wotk too... don't know?

You may have hit a valve in your vein - thus causing the effect you describe. Hitting valves collapses veins in many cases. Hopefully yours will come back in a day or so. I've collapsed many of my veins b/c of not knowing how to locate the valves (or not knowing that they exist). I learned about this when I started working in harm reduction.

You're using wheel filters, that's a smart step. But assuming a non-toxic oral substance is OK to IV is getting into unknown territory. Some of the older dyes not used much anymore are physiologically active. In fact the a chemist who first found a particular coloring agent, I cannot recall the name of atm, to be physiologically active as an anti-microbial (I think, it helped greatly with some type of infection/parasite), unfortunately he unintentionally killed his daughter with too high an dose. Can't recall the whole story, was taught it in college 25 years ago... a cautionary tale about playing with stuff you think is safe but aren't certain, not that this board isn't filled with that stuff already.

Last edited: