• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Is it REALLY that bad to mix suboxone and benzos?

For whatever reason, my Sub doctor is completely and utterly against using ANY psychoactive drug in treatment along with bupe. I have really bad insomnia and anxiety both, and the only thing he has done is tell me to get some melatonin (which actually does help with the sleep) and valerian root for nxiety 8)...m going to see a psychiatrist and be honest with the psych doctor about the situation in hopes of getting some actual help for the anxiety and even sometimes panic attacks I get, since coming off of H and on to bupe a month and a half ago.Long story short, some Sub doctors can be pretty ignorant. I'm on a very moderate daily dose of bupe (at 8 MG a day currently and no plans on going up) and he's still convinced that if I were to get 1 or 2 MG a day worth of Xanax prescribed I have this horrid risk of respiratory depression.

Yep my Sub Doc refused to script me anything but clonidine (which was worthless ) with my Subs .
I also see a therapist and am perscribed Xanax every month and I did my own research and decieded it was safe to mix the 2 . I made sure I did not take them at the same time and I kept my xanax dose at 2 mgs per day over the course of the day . My sub dose was between 1 mg and 2mgs at the end ( I am now off Subs for the most part ) .

I think Subs and benzos are a good mix as long as common sense is used. Lets face it even while one Suboxone you are trying to kick an opiate habit and there are going to be some anxious times for you . Having an occasional benzo when the anxiety gets tough makes sense to me .

I think Subs and benzos are a good mix as long as common sense is used. Lets face it even while one Suboxone you are trying to kick an opiate habit and there are going to be some anxious times for you . Having an occasional benzo when the anxiety gets tough makes sense to me .

Couldn't have said it better myself.

i take this combo it helps me out lots im here if u are tollerent to the sub i see no reason why u could be harmed

I was prescribed both subutex and benzos by the same doctor for years. I do not see any problem with this combination unless you are going to use riddiculous dosages.

I took 2 mg of sub this morning and 2 mg of sub around 7 30 pm, directly followed by .5 mg of Xanax with no ill effects. Might actually take some more Xanax later to help me sleep tonight :)

I'm scripted ativan 0.5 twice a day with 12mg of suboxone. Ativan by itself does very little for me. But 0.5 mixed with some suboxone is a picture perfect combo! Most docs don't wanna give this out because sub docs look at most of us like junkie scum. And see that prescribing benzos will only reflect negatively on them.

i was prescribed 24 mg of suboxone and 3 mg of ativan a day at one point.... its not that bad (i am off both now)

When I went to rehab I was taking pins and they wouldn't let me into he program until all of the benzos were out of my system. They reason is because if you take subs and benzos your breathing will be slowed. Maybe to the point of death. So you can take subs and benzos but you must be careful. Def watch your breathing.

it is an awesome mixture. the klonopin allows the bupe to become more of a full agonist and will really increase your high. But beware and know your tolerance because benzos and opiates and cause you to stop breathing if enough of each is taken. Definetely dont drink alcohol when mixing the other 2.

Depends on how long you were taking them and how many. It can be very rough if you were on high dose daily for longer than 3 months

I get 32mg of subutex daily and 120 1mg kpins and 60 2mg kpins monthly but my tolerance is very high to benzos. i have very bad anxiety. I am slowly stepping down the kpins and then ill work on the subs.

will430 is right, benzos on there own dont provide much euphoria on their own but are great with bupe

Yes and no...

If you take a small dose with a small dose, probably nothing will ever happen. But it's possible you could induce asphyxiation if you're not careful.

i was getting 180 xaney bars monthly but xanax causes me to completely lose control of everything. Its like meth for me and makes me nuts, espescially when mixed with opioids. The klonopin switch was a great choice and probably saved my life.

the most dangerous combo is methadone with benzos. i personally know 3 people in the past 2 years that died from the combo and 2 of them had high tolerance and didnt even take as much as they sometimes did. It just happened to kill them that time.

Suboxone can be hell to come off of because the halflife is so long. If you have been taking more than 12mg daily for atleast 3 months, you need to taper 1 mg every 2 weeks until your down to 2mgs daily. Then ask you doc for atleast 2mg klonopin and 0.2mg clonodine daily. These will make the last 2mg of sub taper alot easier, not perfect, but a WHOLE lot easier.