• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is it really possible

floridagirl86

Greenlighter
to genuinely sleep for days after a benzo binge? I've been reading about people who take massive doses of benzos recreationally and they post things like "I was fine, I just slept for 3 days". Can you literally sleep for three days after taking a ton of benzos? Don't you have to get up to use the bathroom and shit like that? I have a really high tolerance and I'm planning to take 60mg of clonazepam, is it conceivable that I may sleep for days afterwards? I'm planning to do this with friends on the 1st and I'll be expected to be up and about and generally functional by the 4th. .

Please for the love of God don't take 60mg of klonopin.

Sure you may sleep for three days. On the other hand, you may wake up naked in a jail cell with a tattoo of a penis on your forhead and a $500,000 bond.

I've been a member of BL since 2004 and it's threads like this that really make me cringe and lose faith in harm reduction...Even without a tolerance, if you ingest 60mgs of Clonazepam, you will be at high risk of a deadly seizure once the drug is metabolized. Also, benzos IME have a ceiling effect and there's NO reasons to inject more than 4-6mgs.

I've been a member of BL since 2004 and it's threads like this that really make me cringe and lose faith in harm reduction...Even without a tolerance, if you ingest 60mgs of Clonazepam, you will be at high risk of a deadly seizure once the drug is metabolized. Also, benzos IME have a ceiling effect and there's NO reasons to inject more than 4-6mgs.
I don't think he was planning on injecting anything? But yeah please don't take 60mg of klonopin. You will black out for several days, sleep alot but not literally the whole time. You will get up to eat, use the bathroom, other little things. And you will mess up your GABA receptors pretty bad. Not to mention the insane rebound anxiety you will undoubtedly face once you start sobering up. I know you have a tolerance but even people who are prescribed high doses daily couldn't take 60mg

Please for the love of God don't take 60mg of klonopin.

Sure you may sleep for three days. On the other hand, you may wake up naked in a jail cell with a tattoo of a penis on your forhead and a $500,000 bond.

hahaha funny but it can happen fucking around with 60 mg of klonopin

I don't think he was planning on injecting anything? But yeah please don't take 60mg of klonopin. You will black out for several days, sleep alot but not literally the whole time. You will get up to eat, use the bathroom, other little things. And you will mess up your GABA receptors pretty bad. Not to mention the insane rebound anxiety you will undoubtedly face once you start sobering up. I know you have a tolerance but even people who are prescribed high doses daily couldn't take 60mg

I think he meant to type ingest because of what he typed earlier, maybe was posting from his phone, and just FYI OP is a girl.

OP why on Earth are you planning to take 60 mg? And why are you trying to sleep for three days straight? Benzos don't always work that way. With that high of a dose you can actually have paradoxical effects and if you do you are in for a shit storm. If you don't fall asleep on klonopin like that you are going to in all likelihood end up in prison. What are your reasons for wanting to do this? If you have a reason for it we may be able to suggest something different, this just all sounds a bit crazy... are you trying to sleep through WDs or something? Because if that is the goal it DEFINITELY will not work, you will just be in a terrible drunken state that you wont remember. The only reason people say they slept for like 3 days is because they don't remember the past 3 days at all.

Please give us some more info so we can figure out what is going on.

I think he meant to type ingest because of what he typed earlier, maybe was posting from his phone, and just FYI OP is a girl.

OP why on Earth are you planning to take 60 mg? And why are you trying to sleep for three days straight? Benzos don't always work that way. With that high of a dose you can actually have paradoxical effects and if you do you are in for a shit storm. If you don't fall asleep on klonopin like that you are going to in all likelihood end up in prison. What are your reasons for wanting to do this? If you have a reason for it we may be able to suggest something different, this just all sounds a bit crazy... are you trying to sleep through WDs or something? Because if that is the goal it DEFINITELY will not work, you will just be in a terrible drunken state that you wont remember. The only reason people say they slept for like 3 days is because they don't remember the past 3 days at all.

Please give us some more info so we can figure out what is going on.
I'm retarded I didn't even look at OP username ;o my bad. Yes what MadDash said is correct about the paradoxical effects, you will end up a irrational benzo'd out asshole most likely with not much sleep. This is an odd post I'd really like to know why you're planning on doing this as well. Hope you give us an update

I have woken up in the psych ward many times from benzo abuse. I would highly suggest you don't do this.

Especially with clonazepam because of the long half life.

I have many days that I have lost in this fashion. I have woken up in the ICU and pulled my ivs out and walked home on a number of occasions.

Whatever you are hoping to get with this dose, I hope you know that you will more than likely end up in the psych ward, and no it is not fun unless you like hanging out with a six and a half foot drag queen.(he was actually alright though, really nice fellow)

If you have never been let me tell you...It is cold. There are no belts so your pants will be falling down constantly. They take your shoes. You have to give them your plastic utensils when you are done eating. The food is appalling. You will be in there with some fucked up individuals some of the time. Three cigarettes a day if you are lucky. You have to make art projects...which was kinda fun. None of the puzzels have all the pieces, and none of the decks of cards are complete. It smells weird. You may not get a bed so you will have to sleep on the floor of a room with a chronic masturbator as your roomate. Did I mention the smell? Yeah its like a you just rolled over a patch of homeless people. They lock your bathroom door and you have to ask to use it. Your laundry comes back smelling like feet, and you only get two shirts, two pants, two underpants/bras so choose wisely. Also, they will put you on a bunch of meds, and they are not fun. Also if you take psych meds, I hope you don't end up there on a weekend, because you aren't getting those till monday. Lastly, you only get outside for an hour a day if your lucky.

I have woken up in the psych ward many times from benzo abuse. I would highly suggest you don't do this.

Especially with clonazepam because of the long half life.

I have many days that I have lost in this fashion. I have woken up in the ICU and pulled my ivs out and walked home on a number of occasions.

Whatever you are hoping to get with this dose, I hope you know that you will more than likely end up in the psych ward, and no it is not fun unless you like hanging out with a six and a half foot drag queen.(he was actually alright though, really nice fellow)

If you have never been let me tell you...It is cold. There are no belts so your pants will be falling down constantly. They take your shoes. You have to give them your plastic utensils when you are done eating. The food is appalling. You will be in there with some fucked up individuals some of the time. Three cigarettes a day if you are lucky. You have to make art projects...which was kinda fun. None of the puzzels have all the pieces, and none of the decks of cards are complete. It smells weird. You may not get a bed so you will have to sleep on the floor of a room with a chronic masturbator as your roomate. Did I mention the smell? Yeah its like a you just rolled over a patch of homeless people. They lock your bathroom door and you have to ask to use it. Your laundry comes back smelling like feet, and you only get two shirts, two pants, two underpants/bras so choose wisely. Also, they will put you on a bunch of meds, and they are not fun. Also if you take psych meds, I hope you don't end up there on a weekend, because you aren't getting those till monday. Lastly, you only get outside for an hour a day if your lucky.
Sounds like you been there once or twice.. haha I hope I never go sounds uncomfortable to say the least, how do they determine what kind of meds you get? And what meds do they make you take? I'd imagine SSRI's anti psychotics, and possibly benzos if needed?

Tried to kill myself with 75mg clonazepam without any benzo tolerance back 10 years ago when I was a teenager. Didn't work, knocked me out though. Slept for much longer than usual, but definitely not for 3 days now that I think about it, and I definitely wasn't fine after that. For weeks. Fucked up my nervous system and the horrors I had to endure afterwards... there was nothing recreational about the experience, nor what came after it.

I've spent one three week trip in the psych ward, and I agree that it was no fun. Certainly no plans to go back there any time soon. In terms of tolerance, I've taken up to 10-15mgs before just to get me back down from a bad panic attack, and had several higher-dose trips. The plan is to take the 60mg with 20 or so oxycodone (no APAP) and plenty booze, and party it up. We will however be in a hotel and the plan was to chill and sleep it off until the 4th, not get into shit. This thread has me worried I'll try to leave the hotel room high for some reason and wind up in a hospital or worse, jail. Surely that amount of klonopin plus all the alcohol would lead to relaxation as opposed to craziness?

if you are needing 15mg for a panic attack, if it's not already crystal clear, ITS NOT WORKING FOR YOU, YOU CANT FORCE IT TO WORK. See a doctor and get a more effective medication, one that doesn't put you in immediate danger. 60mg klonopin, are you kidding? don't you think that somethings wrong when you're taking a dose that a lot of people would take a month to use therapeutically???

I've spent one three week trip in the psych ward, and I agree that it was no fun. Certainly no plans to go back there any time soon. In terms of tolerance, I've taken up to 10-15mgs before just to get me back down from a bad panic attack, and had several higher-dose trips. The plan is to take the 60mg with 20 or so oxycodone (no APAP) and plenty booze, and party it up. We will however be in a hotel and the plan was to chill and sleep it off until the 4th, not get into shit. This thread has me worried I'll try to leave the hotel room high for some reason and wind up in a hospital or worse, jail. Surely that amount of klonopin plus all the alcohol would lead to relaxation as opposed to craziness?

Florida girl please don't take that much kpin in general not to mention the oxycodone and alcohol? Are you asking for something bad to happen?

Are you trying to kill yourself? Oxycodone booze and alcohol, not to mention the outrageous doses. I hope this is some kind of sick joke because there is no point to those dosages unless your trying to commite suicide.

You also won't remeber anything If you some how lived. I don't see the fun in any Of that

You also won't remeber anything If you some how lived. I don't see the fun in any Of that

I don't either, yet for some reason people still abuse benzos. I can understand people abusing them who are trying to repress memories, flashbacks, PTSD etc, but recreational benzo use? I will never understand what exactly is recreational about any of it. Benzos are tools not toys, and should be treated as such.

I don't either, yet for some reason people still abuse benzos. I can understand people abusing them who are trying to repress memories, flashbacks, PTSD etc, but recreational benzo use? I will never understand what exactly is recreational about any of it. Benzos are tools not toys, and should be treated as such.
I see what you're saying about benzos being tools..but for certain drug addicts the feeling of not giving a Fuck. And getting sloppy is appealing to them lol. It's horrible I know but great at the same time

OMG you start mixing all those CNS depressants at those high levels you might not wake up! That is what causes respiratory depression and people end up dead! Please do not take 60 mg! If you are going to be mixing things then there is no need to take a dose higher than what you would normally take for a panic attack. I mean ya you have a pretty high tolerance which means you are eventually going to have a horrible time when ever you have to detox. This is a bad idea. Why not decrease the benzos, increase the opiates and just have fun? You will not remember 60 mg of clonazepam so what will be the point? Quick question did you mean taking all 60 mg at once?

Just don't do it. If you find the need to get high, just keep have a few drinks, take a few oxys and maybe just enough benzos to keep from going into withdrawals if your tolerance is at that point.

And to ovo. There is a lengthy interview process when you go in. In my state I must have been saying some weird shit those times because my med cup was nearly full three times a day. Usually you already have scripts, I was on effexor and abilify. They didn't give me those for the weekend one time....that sucked to say the least...especially at the highest dose of effexor.

Life is not a race floridagirl, its a marathon, don't use your sprint at the beginning. your what 28? You still have possibly double if not triple that ahead of you if you watch the way you use and just enjoy life.

I'm sorry for being a dick here, but WTF! 60mg of Klonopin? Are you out of your mind? Nobody in the WORLD needs 60mg of Klonopin at one dose.
You're going to black out and possibly die in your sleep with a seizure if nobody finds you and get you medical help.
Plain and simple STUPID!

I sincerely hope you gals have a sober sitter, with a vehicle and naloxone with the knowledge of when and how to use it and skill when calling 911 to get the appropriate response, no police if possible. Do you have a law in your state that exempts those who report and OD from personal possession charges? You'll be in a hotel too so add trespassing charges for everyone but the person who rented the room, and god help that person if shit goes down.

Edit: remainder of post was bad idea...

Last edited: