• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is it possible to use kratom safely everyday?

Astrodude

Greenlighter
I kicked codeine which I was on for 3 years genuinely and ended up abusing for another 3 years
I couldn't see a life without it!
I have been taking kratom for 3 days now
It realy helps I have no cravings for codeine
It has made me want to exist and has given me a smile again, and energy to go back to work
Even my pragmatic GP thinks it's more important for me to be stable at the moment and is supporting my decision.
I have a history of habits, from canabis, coke, speed, I drink alcohol regularly but not too much (I think)
I eat healthy, have a manual job, and try to exersise.
I have a wife and two teens
Has anyone used this drug for a long time without problems?
Or has it been a curse rather than a cure?
Please let me know
Thanks in advance for any replies

I took it daily for 2 and a half years. It eliminated my cravings for most other drugs especially alcohol. This was a godsend since I was getting drug tested at the time and I probably would have tried to get away with smoking or something without kratom.

Plain leaf is addicting, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I quit cold turkey, I was eating 15-25g plain leaf a day and my worst symptom was depression. It subsided over the week and I returned to normal. Heavy fatigue and yawning were pretty annoying too but those lasted just 4-5 days.

Work was amazing on kratom, and I say go for it if you feel that the kratom will help you achieve something. Use it as a tool, don't let it use you. Its much easier than phenibut and benzo WD I can guarantee you that. If you do physical labor, kratom will be AMAZING. I always dosed a gram or two before going to the gym and it felt so fucking good. The kratom buzz mixed with your body's natural endorphins create a nice feeling.

As for health problems, I've heard kratom is bad for your liver. I was taking accutane in the middle of my 2 year use which is really harsh on your liver already. I had monthly blood tests during this time and all my liver enzymes/levels were fine. Not saying it can't cause damage but I didn't receive any.

I've been off of it for around 2 months now I believe, probably won't touch it for a long while but I could see myself using it again.

Overall it treated me very well, I was in a bad spot when I first found it and I instantly knew I had found something that would keep me on the right path. Got all my legal troubles solved now and that's all I could ask for.

Last edited:
Used it for years and I second everything liftedgift said. I'm totally off it now and living totally clean. When it comes time to get off the RLS/restlessness and insomnia will be the most troubling physical symptoms and the depression is on par with tramadol withdrawal in my experience.

On the stuff, it made me a beast on-the-job. After using it for months at a time the effects become very subtle other than your very first dose of the day, but it still keeps you very active and stable. I think it is a good option for you right now but be prepared for coming off. Some people find it a lot harder than others. I found it pretty difficult and I was a poly-drug user for many years experienced in all types of horrid withdrawal profiles. I feel like I say this every day but gabapentin will be your friend when the time comes.

I have been using kratom 3 times daily for the past 8 months. I was clean from heroin for 6 months before I started and was just looking for something to fill the void. The first 10 times or so I got a decent buzz, similar to 20mg of oxy, due to low tolerance. Now after extensive use, it still has it's benefits, but it's no longer something to get "buzzed' off of. It gives me energy in the morning, similar to a cup of coffee, and after that, I use it to maintain. I work a physical labor job, and have been able to work for 14 hours without even sitting down or taking a break, for about 8 months now. I've worked my way up to a manager position because the higher ups saw my drive.

I used to get opiate feelings from it, now it just feels like a better version of coffee to me. If I really want to catch a buzz from it, usually on my days off I'll mix in some benzo's or phenibut, as this actually allows me to feel euphoria from it. Twice a month I use UEI too, which feels just as good as any pharm opiate to me.

When I quit, like others have said, depression in the form of uncontrollable rage tends to take ahold of me for 2 days, although I had anger problems before kratom, which is why I started self medicating with it in the first place, so these are just my old mental health issues reappearing. The only withdrawal symptoms caused by kratom itself tends to be runny nose, and EXTREME lethargy. To the point where I could just sleep for 3 days until the WD is over. I never get gastric problems, or severe pain, or restless legs, and it is a cakewalk compared to opiates. I believe the lethargy is caused by not only the opiate withdrawal, but kratom also affecting your adrenergic receptors. It's similar to quitting coffee and a 15mg per day oxy habit at the same time.

The good part is, due to kratom only lasting about 2-3 hours, the withdrawals are insanely short. Quitting heroin was 2 weeks of hell, and then months of dealing with PAWS. Kratom is 2 days, 3 days tops, and there seems to be no PAWS that goes along with it. I believe that kratom is not like a traditional opiate in that it causes receptor downregulation. I feel like it just tickles the opiate receptors you already have, not make more like heroin does.

Plus, kratom mainly works at the delta receptors, and not the mu. This is why I was able to stop taking my seroquel and abilify, and just self medicate with kratom. Kratom saved my life. Honestly if kratom was illegal, my life would be ruined, as I was in and out of mental health hospitals my whole life, and after finding kratom I got a job and worked my way up to a management position.

Just remember that not all addictions need to be a bad thing. I go through about a kilo a month, which costs me about 135 bucks. I usually spend 500 at once and buy 4 different strains of 1 kilo each. 135 bucks per month is way cheaper than my psychiatrist, psychologist, and RX's would cost me.

I've used kratom everyday for long periods of time. (Months, years) and then quit twice. I was using it every day in college, then I went to study abroad in Europe twice, and both times I ended up being forced to quit cold turkey since I didn't want to risk taking kratom with me through international customs- especially a large enough amount to last a year abroad. The WDs were basically like having the flu for about a week, runny nose, extreme lethargy as mentioned, and diarrhea. Not fun at all, but nothing compared to, say, benzo withdrawals.

I haven't noticed any real negative effects from daily use. Obviously if you use it every day you will develop a dependency on it, but then again if you drink coffee every day you will develop a dependency on caffeine. If don't take kratom all day your eyes will start to tear and you'll develop some depression and anxiety.

Tolerance of course develops, so the initial effects of kratom will no longer present, I find it just takes the edge off things and gives me a little boost of energy at the same time along with my morning coffee.

Wow guys!

these posts so far are far more detailed and overall positive than I thought I would receive (if any)
Im sure someone will come along with a horror story soon, but for the time being I intend to carry on using it as it is a lifeline for me at the moment
i will try to use it responsibly and vary my strains to keep my receptors guessing
i am truly grateful for your input as the doubt and questioning of my actions are unhealthy for me and I need some stability in my life at this time

I have been using kratom for just over 3 years. I still find it pretty awesome with not too many drawbacks. The best thing I've managed to do to keep it that way is semi-regular breaks. I'll usually buy 500grams or so of plain leaf and use that daily, with the odd day occasionally skipped if I forgot to bring any with me. This will last me 2-3 months usually. Then once I run out, I don't get any more until about a month later.

So my tolerance rarely rises too much and returns to baseline after my breaks. By the end of the bag I'll sometimes get up to using 4-6 tsps. a day, where with no tolerance I might use 2-4 a day. The withdrawals are usually not noticeable after I stop, although once I bought twice as much as usual and did have moderately unpleasant withdrawals afterwards (I didn't bother to taper at all either).

I still love it for working as someone mentioned above and it is pretty pleasant to chill me out to relax at the end of the day.

Only real drawbacks for me:
-sex drive doesn't change much, but cumming can be a lot harder sometimes if I just took some within a couple hours
-not too expensive, but still an expense
-becomes less satisfying/effective after about 2-3 months of daily use
-moderate withdrawals possible with heavy/extended use and no taper (it's always taken a couple of days for any withdrawal to be noticeable)

Use it very cautiously. I've used for a year. I found myself depending on it. And, then, even when I took it, I felt depressed. Initially, it WAS amazing. I have chronic pain which it is great for and wish I can find a way to balance it and the craving/dependency.
Coming off it was hellish. Horrible depression and feelings of low confidence, etc.
One thing I did come upon that was extremely useful for the withdrawal is called Agmatine. It will make withdrawal far less Hellish. Good luck.

I took it daily for 2 and a half years. It eliminated my cravings for most other drugs especially alcohol. This was a godsend since I was getting drug tested at the time and I probably would have tried to get away with smoking or something without kratom.

Plain leaf is addicting, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I quit cold turkey, I was eating 15-25g plain leaf a day and my worst symptom was depression. It subsided over the week and I returned to normal. Heavy fatigue and yawning were pretty annoying too but those lasted just 4-5 days.

Work was amazing on kratom, and I say go for it if you feel that the kratom will help you achieve something. Use it as a tool, don't let it use you. Its much easier than phenibut and benzo WD I can guarantee you that. If you do physical labor, kratom will be AMAZING. I always dosed a gram or two before going to the gym and it felt so fucking good. The kratom buzz mixed with your body's natural endorphins create a nice feeling.

As for health problems, I've heard kratom is bad for your liver. I was taking accutane in the middle of my 2 year use which is really harsh on your liver already. I had monthly blood tests during this time and all my liver enzymes/levels were fine. Not saying it can't cause damage but I didn't receive any.

I've been off of it for around 2 months now I believe, probably won't touch it for a long while but I could see myself using it again.

Overall it treated me very well, I was in a bad spot when I first found it and I instantly knew I had found something that would keep me on the right path. Got all my legal troubles solved now and that's all I could ask for.

Where did you hear that??

Other than the rare cases for people who have gotten jaundice from it there's no proof at all that it's bad for the liver and most people who take it who have had liver tests haven't even shown much if any increase in liver enzymes.

There are certain specific people though who seem to have an inability to metabolize Kratom properly and get jaundice and for THEM specifically it is bad for their liver but those people are rare and you can always tell it's just them because it usually happens to them the first or second time they use Kratom.

I've used kratom everyday for long periods of time. (Months, years) and then quit twice. I was using it every day in college, then I went to study abroad in Europe twice, and both times I ended up being forced to quit cold turkey since I didn't want to risk taking kratom with me through international customs- especially a large enough amount to last a year abroad. The WDs were basically like having the flu for about a week, runny nose, extreme lethargy as mentioned, and diarrhea. Not fun at all, but nothing compared to, say, benzo withdrawals.

I haven't noticed any real negative effects from daily use. Obviously if you use it every day you will develop a dependency on it, but then again if you drink coffee every day you will develop a dependency on caffeine. If don't take kratom all day your eyes will start to tear and you'll develop some depression and anxiety.

Tolerance of course develops, so the initial effects of kratom will no longer present, I find it just takes the edge off things and gives me a little boost of energy at the same time along with my morning coffee.

Interesting. May I ask you how long you went without Kratom in your abroad stays ?

@OP

Depends on what you use it for. If you do not have chronic physical pain then there is neither a reason nor benefits to start using it every day IMHO. If you can maintain a twice-a-week regimen then it can be beneficial.

I'm realizing now why I'm in such withdrawl lol I've used kratom for years at first with no addiction, my tolerance boosted a bit but that's about it. Then I found a cheap vendor and that's when I started using daily. And daily at first it was night only, then it turned to twice a day then it turned into every 6-8 hours cause past that point of start to sweat extensively and basically feel like shit. Started with about a 5-10g a day habit and when I quit yesterday my bf and I have a combined habit of around 100g a day. We would buy 560g-784g a week (depending on if we felt like binging or not) I always chased the high so id take extensive amounts of kratom a day. I did it by caps so I would take 25-40 00 caps at a time depending if I just wanted withdrawl to go away or get a buzz and if I didn't get desired results of take another 10-20 caps an hour two in to try and boost it a bit. I would skip all meals except for once a day worried food in my stomach would dampen my high. I've recently seen most people take like 15g a day so I think that's why I feel like shit now, I'm a dumb ass for abusing such a wonderful plant. I'm living with the consequences now.

I've had constipation so bad I was bleeding (tmi I know) was shaking so bad at work once I almost tried to fake sick I was worried someone would think I was on meth so much cause my hands were shaking so bad I looking like a tweaker but figured it was ok cause if they drug tested me I would be clean. That twisted thinking is that of an addict.

I used to thinl that it was impossible to get addicted to kratom. It was a safe drug. Even 4 months into my addiction I didn't think I was really addicted, I was in denial until I ran out a few times later into my addiction around the 8th month mark.

I used it safely for years though and some people might have more will power than me. But if you have an addictive personality at all and start taking it everyday like I did, you can and will get addicted. It might not be "dangerous" (you OD from it thank god or I'd be dead lol). Once you feel the need to take more to feel the same effects, that's when it all goes bad. I love kratom and think it is an amazing plant. But when I start taking it again I'm never gonna take it every day again. Breaks is the way to go, or every other week like I did for years.

the problem i see people run into with kratom is they chase the high...they start with 5 grams and get high but that no longer gets them as high a month down the road so they take 8 grams, u get the point..they end up having to take 50 grams a day to function...the best way to take kratom is to focus on its ability to help you work..try not take it when you are sitting around looking for a high..when i started kratom 4-5 grams was all i needed and months later, 4-5 grams is all i need as the 3 main things i want from kratom is slightly boosted mood, increased energy and pain relief..i dont want to get high on the stuff..

kratom can absolutely be used safely every day but beware, u will likely become addicted but again, then it comes down to how much you are paying for it versus how much it helps or hurts you..i think it could be very beneficial for people who use it sensibly and arent just looking for it to get high..besides, its not a good drug to get high off of in my experience..

the problem i see people run into with kratom is they chase the high...they start with 5 grams and get high but that no longer gets them as high a month down the road so they take 8 grams, u get the point..they end up having to take 50 grams a day to function...the best way to take kratom is to focus on its ability to help you work..try not take it when you are sitting around looking for a high..when i started kratom 4-5 grams was all i needed and months later, 4-5 grams is all i need as the 3 main things i want from kratom is slightly boosted mood, increased energy and pain relief..i dont want to get high on the stuff..

kratom can absolutely be used safely every day but beware, u will likely become addicted but again, then it comes down to how much you are paying for it versus how much it helps or hurts you..i think it could be very beneficial for people who use it sensibly and arent just looking for it to get high..besides, its not a good drug to get high off of in my experience..

I think it's a great drug to get high off of lol, but you already know that I feel differently about that.

I find it's a fun drug to binge on as well but I have started to occassionally get VERY mild WD now.

I'll take a shitload for a day or even two in a row and then for another 2 days I will be kind of lethargic and just very lazy and slow to move with a little bit of restless leg syndrome when I am falling asleep for a day or two.

But really I see it as no different from a hangover.

Drink a lot and then you feel like shit the next day.

Likewise, I will take a bunch of Kratom and feel kind of lethargic for a day or two and it's not nearly as bad a feeling as a hangover is so you pick your poison but because lately I only use it one or 2 days a week as opposed to 3 before it's not a problem.

These people who want to know how to take it EVERY day though, that's a whole different story.

For me it's just something I do for fun just like drinking or weed in the past or whatever.

With most drugs if you overdo it you have to pay the piper by feeling like shit for a day or two but so long as you don't actually become dependent on it by NEEDING to redose to avoid WDs there's no issue IMO.

Last edited:
I've used Kratom daily for months. Some say it's not addictive but it is. The wds are cake compared to oxy or heroin though! I tried the extracts but didn't really like them. Plain leaf ftw!