• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is it possible to register without being in a vein (excluding arteries)

zurichsb

Bluelighter
My girlfriend seems to think that it is possible to register without being in a vein. Her theory or idea on the matter is that if she has a bruise and the blood vessels are burst there is blood pooled up under the skin that can cause you to register and pull blood without being in an actual vein. It doesn't seem possible to me but she thinks it is an will cause her to be registering but won't feel her shot properly. Our veins are in a bit rough of a state because we're both opiate addicts and have been speedballing (cocaine/crack) quite a bit over the last 5-6 months. I feel that opiates are quite gentle when compared to cocaine and then crack being the worst.

Cocaine can do nasty work on your veins and it acts as a local anaesthetic so it might not sting as much if you have missed and you are injecting into your tissues instead of a vein.

I'd say it is pretty important that if your snowballing to make sure you are in a vein to avoid extravisating (missing) your shot and causing localised inflammation and irritation.

It could well be that she is hitting some capillaries under that bruise and that's why she is registering blood... But It's best to make extra sure you've hit a vein before you inject a speedball to avoid scarring, infection, abscesses and collapsed veins.

Try rotating your sites regularly and maybe using smaller pins... But taking care you don't clog the needle with your speedball mix. Hope this helps!

Yes, I believe it is possible too, as the above poster said, there are capillaries, and minor blood vessels and shit. I've seen blood flashback a little only to flow extremely slowly, that's not a vein, don't inject there. It should be dark blood that flows freely, but not an artery with brighter blood and a level of pushback from the pressure which is much greater than a vein.