• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is it possible to have alprazolam wds while on clonazepam?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
I know they're both benzos, but can they replace each other? I mean I got some Klonopins, and I ran out of Xanax. For the last three days I only took Klonopin. It works nice with my anxiety, and it lifts my mood up very well, but a lot of times I feel like, "damn, it would be good, to pop some Xanax".

Is it more like a mental thing, like I got used to taking Xanax, or it's possible that I'm on a high dose of clonazepam and my mind still needs alprazolam? (I use Klonopin ocassionally, I use Xanax everyday).

Klonopin will get rid of physical benzo withdrawals as long as you are taking enough.

Absolutely.

The key to eliminate withdrawal symptoms for whatever drug you were abusing is the correct dosage.
So if you were using, lets say 8mg of Xanax daily. Since Xanax and Klonopin are equivalent mg for mg, you would need 7 to 8mg of Klonopin to not have withdrawal symptoms at all.
Also, if you take 4mg of Klonopin daily with a tolerance of 8mg of Xanax daily, you'll be comfortable, but still have some unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
If you take 1 or 2mg of Klonopin daily with a tolerance of 8mg of Xanax daily, you'll feel very uncomfortable. But of course not as uncomfortable without any benzos at all.

So in conclusion, it's all about the dosage.