• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids is it possible to have a fecal impaction without knowing it?

noone1

Bluelighter
I haven't had any problems with constipation this time around with my use but when I stopped and withdrawal hit I had terrible gut pain enough for me to go seek out a doctor and have myself checked out. Scans show I'm having some kind of IBS, trouble emptying small intestines. I'm not quite sure what this means. I've been kind of constipated ever since though I've used once or twice I'm mostly opiate free now. I can go to the bathroom daily multiple times a day but my stool is weird it's really thin and not a lot. I don't feel a huge ball of anything trying to press out or anything unless it's so big it's inhuman in size. Thinking of trying an enema after laxatives and stool softeners which help but not a lot. I feel bloated all the time, also I really want to use opiates but that would probably be dumb. If I had a fecal impaction would it be caught on something like xrays, mri, etc or not necessarily?

Am I being overly paranoid and subscribing some GI problems unrelated to opiates to myself?

It's stupendously unlikely.

If you're passing stools of any sort then that's a sign that your GI tract isn't severely blocked.

Go get a barium GI series if you need to have the question answered for certain.

It's stupendously unlikely.

If you're passing stools of any sort then that's a sign that your GI tract isn't severely blocked.

Go get a barium GI series if you need to have the question answered for certain.

Okay. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Yes that makes sense I've been having weird gi problems for a couple of years now and keep putting off having a barium GI. This must be a consequence of that and not opiate use, in this case I think I'd rather have a problem where I can stop using opiates for a while and\or someone can just fist out of me instead :\

High fiber is not good if you think you are impacted since it is bulk forming and will cause waaaay more bad than good, miralax is the best tool for maintenance of constipation and you could always drink a bottle of magnesium citrate but if you do you better install a seat belt on your toilet because it will be a fierce dumping

High fiber is not good if you think you are impacted since it is bulk forming and will cause waaaay more bad than good, miralax is the best tool for maintenance of constipation and you could always drink a bottle of magnesium citrate but if you do you better install a seat belt on your toilet because it will be a fierce dumping

Yeah, I'm not desperate enough to try magnesium citrate just yet. I took a couple of stimulant laxatives and they worked immediately instead of in an hour or two like they're supposed to so I'm thinking there is something wrong with the emptying of my colon. Produced a good chunk of pencil thin stools the size of a baseball (sorry if tmi... heh what was that line burroughs said about junkies loving to talk about their BM's and constipation?)

Because I'm an obsessive hypochondriac I note a partial obstruction could result in pencil thin stools and paradoxical diarreah.

I'm paranoid I have an impaction up way high in my colon where surgery instead of disimpaction would be needed. Not sure how this could happen tough I haven't felt any constipation from my opiate use which at the time I thought was kind of odd. Not having any symptoms except bloating and gassiness at the moment which is probably from all the medication and coffee and fiber I've been taking more than anything. I probably developed IBS from poor eating habits and opiate use (relaxes the sphincter of oddii and colon movement) Making an appointment to see the doctor in a few weeks.

Will update then just in case is anyone ever gets in a similar situation.

You would also start to get pretty sick if u had an impaction, pencil thin stools is usually a sign of soft poop, it's how my shizz looks when I use miralax cuz it's so soft it doesn't open up ur asshole persay. I think your fine dude, u prob have no poo in you which is why you are only producing small strings, try eating normally and give it a day or two. I tend to get gassy and bloated when I have no poo in me and I bet that's the situation u r in bud....calm down and see what happens in a day or two