• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is it Possible that Oxycodone Tolerance is So High, that Heroin won't Work?

Macroli

Greenlighter
Hi All,

This is my first post and I'm hoping to get some tips so I don't OD. I eat 8-15 Roxies a day (30mg instant release oxycodone). I've been doing this for a couple months. Prior to that I was on Suboxone. Obviously the pills are costing me a fortune so I decided it's time to switch to heroin, however I do not want to slam it and I don't want to OD. I picked up a few grams of black tar. I gave some to a friend and she slammed it and said it was good stuff. She said it was a 7 on a scale of 1-10.

I have now tried smoking, plugging and snorting it and cannot seem to get high. It's very frustrating. This morning I plugged a 1/4 gram by mixing it with water and using a syringe to get it up there...felt nothing. I then proceeded to smoke another 1/4 gram and I feel slightly high and relaxed but no euphoria.

I tried snorting it and nothing.

I've looked online and tried different techniques...same results.

I've never smoked more than a 1/4 - 1/2 gram at once because I'm afraid of OD.
Do I just need to smoke more? Is my tolerance just too high from the Oxy? Am I going to have to resort to IV?

Can anyone help me figure out what the issue is? I just want to get high and not OD.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

plugging it is a waste of dope. smoke more since you claim your tolerance is 300mgs of oxy a day. Honestly you could easily smoke a gram or more with that kinda tolerance

plugging it is a waste of dope. smoke more since you claim your tolerance is 300mgs of oxy a day. Honestly you could easily smoke a gram or more with that kinda tolerance

Really? I was afraid of overdosing because I thought H was way stronger then Oxy,so I've been just pulling off tiny pieces and smoking them. I'll try a whole gram. Thanks

According to the equivalency charts (for what their worth) 5.0-6.7 mg of Oxycodone is roughly equivalent to 2.3-5.2 mg pure heroin assuming IV. So 300MG of oxycodone should be close to 150MG of heroin, but obviously you don't have pure heroin so it's impossible to give a correct equivalence. If your gear is 50% pure you would need about what you are consuming at a quarter gram or more, but probably more since smoking it is not giving you the 100% bioavailability of IV - it's closer to 50% IIRC.

Plugging heroin is poo... Wahaha. I dont know if you are doing all these dosing/ROA attempts like one after the other or not. If you are, then its tougher to gauge how much you need with any given ROA. Id saY later tonight, or whenever what you have in your system starts to fade, try two bags, or if not in 'bags' like it is here, measure out .2 -.25 g and snort that. I shoot my H, but did indeed insufflate as my preferred ROA. My oxy tolerance wasnt quite as high as yours... maybe just over half yours. A quarter gram of powder H of good quality was definitely enough, usually even a dime was enough. If a quarter G isnt doing it, then at your next dosing time, do a little more. Youre smart to want to be smart, haha.

Better too little than too much. Cant undo an OD (and naloxone doesnt always work) or death.

Plugging heroin is actually the most effective method next to IV... it has a higher BA than smoking, oral, snorting etc.

My mistake! For some reason I thought that wasnt the case with H, but I dont know why I thought that, as I have done it myself with dilaudid amd suboxone. I personally never had great results with it though. Thats good to know, though. Since my prefered ROA is IV I wont be trying it right away but it's def a good alternative if done correctly.

Question to the OP, What is your friends tolerance? Id fuess not as high as yours. Maybe the quality isnt as great as she thought?

smoking / snorting / plugging is such a waste i'm not sure switching to H is going to be any cheaper unless you're getting really good dope for really cheap and it doesnt sound like that's the case with purity at least.

I certainly do not recommend starting to IV, you wont go back, but unfortunately it might be the only choice that makes financial sense. Having said that, it's probably a really bad idea. If you do decide to go for it, read a lot about it online, always use needles only one time, never save your cottons to "wash" in hard times... endocarditis is no fun and i blame using old cottons when my friend got it and almost died. he does too. Read up on it a lot on IV online and find/use a needle exchange. They are usually a great source for info and willing to help any ways that they can. I've heard a lot of HORRIBLE advice from "seasoned" users given to the uninitiated. Better to get the info yourself from reliable sources.

Really? I was afraid of overdosing because I thought H was way stronger then Oxy,so I've been just pulling off tiny pieces and smoking them. I'll try a whole gram. Thanks

omg please dont stick the whole gram on the foil though....... still smoke it in sections

Not really adding much... But damn, 15 Roxis where I live: is most peoples house payments... Crazy amount of $ a day.