• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids is it okay to mix nucynta with tramadol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phat5o

Bluelighter
worried about serotonin syndrome. can i take them together? or 4 - 6 hours apart on the same day?

any info on this is appreciated, couldn't find nothing online

Strangely enough, i was trying to remember the name of Nucynta for a while now and you just reminded me. My buddy and I used to take 6-8 tramadols to hold us over until we could score something stronger, and a few times found nucyntas and IV'd them in the same day. It's weird stuff...

Do not combine tapentadol (Nucynta) with tramadol (Ultram)!!! It can cause fatal serotonin syndrome.

@OP, you couldn't find anything online? I did in about 10 seconds. Use drugs.com interactions checker for future reference. Doing so brought up this:
33lp54x.jpg

@trycomb, thanks for posting that up. i already had looked at that. i know that in theory you shouldn't mix them but i was more curious what happened to people that have tried. also was hoping that someone with a little knowledge of the chemical make up of both of these 2 drugs could chime in on how dangerous it would really be and if serotonin syndrome is a bit exaggerated.

It's not exagerated and it's not something to take chances with. There are posters here that barely managed to survive serotonin syndrome. And as always, weigh the risk vs reward for what's involved. I don't think that risking your life is worth the pathetic positive effects tramadol and tapentadol potentially could induce.

true, i hear ya. i don't want to put myself in any danger. appreciate the response

Last edited:
Only if shaken and not stirred.

Oh, and then this little tidbit...wish I had this teacher (my knuckles still hurt from the other ones):

Combining these medications can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death.

Don't even think about resurrection here

Status
Not open for further replies.