• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is it Okay to drink Day after taking Klonopin?

Justin1020304

Bluelighter
I took 1.5 mg of Klonopin last night (no tolerance) and probably wasn't smart but I had about 2 shots of 35% whiskey . I was fine though, just a little whoosy . It's now 24 hours later , would it be okay if I had a some to drink tonight? Like 3-4 shots of vodka?

No. Not necessarily. You, being naive, may be off, somewhere you can't even tell. Technically speaking. That naive 1.5mg could of changed your headspace. You could still be in a zone that your not aware of. That kind of drug can effect you, even if it's not in your system, based on how it made you feel the first time ever taking it.

Dont trip. I'm just saying that taking it easier would be a very good idea. Stay hydrated. That and plenty of water.

I will admit taking that to the extreme, but I just felt to let the brand new mixer of technically lethal dugs, know they were drugs you better understand and respect if there's the chance of using them again with no tolerance and liquor.

What part of the fact that maybe OP had a really neat time and had an afterglow, or was very sensitive, still make that first dose not a factor today?

Look, the point was that combo is no joke. That was potentially lethal. Chances are OP is fine and a good % of people are, but some people could time that just wrong enough to get hurt.

OP. Glad your good.

Last edited:
You probably are. Just don't make a habit mixing them. Straight up HR!

Good looking out speedking and I debated it too due to the long half life because technically it's still in the system and who knows what one fluke incident can do!

yep. Sorry folks, but when it comes to learning about drugs, sometimes extra side effects are discovered. HR. Be smart. Be safe. You understand my point. Op, just want you to get some main facts about a particular combo that can be lethal to anyone at anytime. If anyone comes back with a bull shit I'll close this thread.

It can be very nice if respected. It turnes into senseless death when used carelessly or without knowledge.

Last edited:
You should be fine. Just don't overdo it. 3-4 max

This
Clonazepam has a half life of 18-50 hours, so after a day you'll most likely still have 0.75 in your system (not a high dose, but not extremely low either) so by drinking more than a few shots you risk blacking out and doing stupid shit

The time I had the easiest time to never raise my dose of clonazepam (had 3mg a day) was to drink a 12 pack everyday for practically a whole year. Playing Victoria 2 (a complicated grand strategy game, drinking and taking my clonazepam). But it obviously got me fat, fat I was able to lose quickly when I stopped drinking so much beer, sometimes I'd find myself deep in the game at 7 am and out of beer, so I waited an hour and had the walk of pride to get myself a 950ml Heineken bottle to kick me well.

Nothing I said is recommended. But, I was able to quit drinking straight up when I wanted to thanks to the clonazepam, which then was 2mg pills twice a day. I found love then, it repaired me, I got myself a job, the one I still hold. So yeah, you won't die from drinking after taking a regular dose of clonazepam the day before...and that's despite my natural to start with, heavy tolerance to anything relaxing, I'm a nervous spazz without benzos, can't look people in the eyes etc. I'm one of the rare case where benzo everyday is recommended (Bipolar I, GAD).

So relax and have that drink and be wise.