Is it ok to use pot to help increase you're appetite?

Kevo81

Bluelighter
Ok, i recently switched from elastic band resistance training and started weight training. I just started taking wheyFX and creatine made by Pro Lab. I understand you have to eat a ton of food in addition to help build muscles. Is it ok to get high so you can easily eat alot of big meals a day?, without it having negative effects?.

P.S being burntout is not a issue with me.

normally I'd say no, but you're probably doing it anyway, so I won't start an argument. If you were a man you'd eat the food regardless of how hard it was to keep eating, but if thats what it takes for you go for it.

i'd say go for it. except weed kinda makes you wanna eat stuff that doesn't come within 100 miles of a bodybuilder's ideal diet

But you guys dont think it will Inhibit any normal muscle growth process or anything like that?

not in any major negative way. just do it after, if you feel you must do it. it's always something you could reward yourself with. finish out your whole routine for the day, smoke some weed. ya know? of course you do.

^^ yes i know what you mean :) I actually do, do that.
Thanx for the answers, this is the first time site has actually been useful to me ;)

^Such a stupid comment, no brains to it which is what i would expect from sphinx. That is like saying all steroid will develop bitch tits and will not be able to get an errection which we know to be false, just stupid fucks spreading around rumors.

Many of my stoner friends including myself workout and we are in no ways skinny btw im not saying were huge.

There are two opinions on this issue, and I dont care either way, but smoking weed will increase aromotase, which can lead to increased fat.

would an aromatase inhibitor handle that?

I don't think he wants to know if he can smoke weed to help his appetite- I think he just wants to know if he can be a successful bb'r and smoke weed. probably daily.

He probably could I guess, but daily weed smoking isnt that good for the lungs, but I am not here to judge, so that is up to you. I would really try to limit the weed smoking to a couple times a week if you could.

You could take an aromotase inhibitor to stop the increase in aromotase from the weed, but those are kind of expensive to be taking every day just so you can smoke weed.

I agree with sphinx. I'm glad he has the balls to say the shit most people wouldn't. Basically chronic potheads never have any ambition to be anything great, which is why i dismissed his question with a sure, do whatever, because he probably has no real goals to acheive in bodybuilding.

Sphinx knows what he's talking about he just doesn't give a fuck. When you're huge and powerful you can do whatever the fuck you want.

I agree that it's not the ideal thing for you to do, but if you wanna do it, you're gonna do it. I can honestly say that I smoke weed, and have every day for the past 6+ years. Has it inhibited my growth? Not that I can tell, but maybe. Am I happy with my body regardless? At the moment, kind of (only cuz I haven't been to the gym in months - but for DIFFERENT reasons! lol) but in general, yes. I'm not exactly huge either, but I'm well above average and pretty fucking ripped, and when I'm training I'm more fit than 90% of the people in my gym. I used to smoke before I'd workout, but only one little hit. I wouldn't get super-stoned cuz it would make me really lethargic. I found that one small puff of some goodness would help me really get into my workout (kind of get in that zone, if you know what I mean) and push myself beyond my usual limits. I haven't done that lately only cuz I work out right after work, and don't like carrying shit to my job with me.

The stuff that was said earlier about not eating ideally when high was a poor generalization of "stoners". I find that if you're really serious about it, getting high will only make you eat more food that's good for you. I have several pothead friends who are HUGE. I know a lot of you will laugh, but Schwarzenegger smoked, and he was a 7-time Mr. Olympia champion. The bottom line is it all comes down to willpower. If you have the willpower to continue to train correctly and eat correctly while smoking every day, you won't have any problems. If smoking gets you sloppy and lethargic, or makes you lose your motivation or get out of your routine, you need to choose one or the other.

I hear "pot" significantly raises estrogen levels so all that excess food would grow you little titties instead of pecs! :)