• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids is it ok to snort my dose ?

Need4speed

Bluelighter
i take oxcycodone 10mg every 6 hours for pain

would snorting my next dose be harmful ?

thanks!

Does it have acet/tylenol in it? If so, don't do it.

If it's pure oxycodone, consider your tolerance 1st. You may want to start with half pill instead of a whole to see how you react.

Snorting it good for instant relief, but the effects wear off quicker IMO and I built my tolerance up way quicker than the oral route. Addiction can be a whole other monster snorting, plus the damage to your nasal/sinus membranes.

Oral is always better, but snorting is lovely every now and again, too.

It wouldn't be particularly more harmful, but oxycodone is so effective when taken orally that snorting it is pretty pointless. I would just continue to eat them - crush them up or parachute if you want something that hits quicker.

you should be ok then. i wouldnt make a habit of it for the reasons above. snorting is pretty wasteful due to the lower absorption and shorter duration.

Oxycodone has superior oral bioavailability to snorting, it'd be pointless.

I honestly find I nod when i use it nasally quilt iv is a slow onset of relief many times I find being less effective than oral use even. I do not recommend injecting and recommend avoiding it actually.

What you can do to safely use it nasally is to use distilled water to dissolve the pill. A micron filter would be best, while a sterifilt would be a simple solution probably avaliable at your local needle exchange if there is one, but sterile cotton balls are avaliable where one would pick up syringes if there is no exchange while oral syringes work work fine for the mixing procedure as well.

Once you have a oxycodone solution with 0.5 - 1 ml per dose get it into a syringe with a leur lock tip to attach a needle, micron filter, or the tool that I'm writing this bit up for an atomizer nasal spray attachment piece. The link is below. I highly recommend this piece.

http://www.lmana.com/pwpcontrol.php?pwpID=6359

Edit : oxycodone up the nose is actually quite nice. Not a burn per day, but the filler and binder aren't exactly pleasant, which is why I recommend the nasal attachment to spray filtered solutions to try to remove some of the filler and binder. The hope is to do less damage by removing the folders and binders that damage and have no effect with the added. Plus the solution will prevent the nose from drying out while a proper saline solution will clean the nasal passageway as well.

Last edited: