• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is it normal to feel withdrawal the day after 2mg of xanax?

trippin5

Greenlighter
So I noticed I dont really feel normal the next day after a SINGLE dose of xanax... its weird. I just ate one 2mg bar and the next day I woke up pretty lazy at first but as the day progressed I noticed the feeling of anxiety creeping stronger as the day progressed... this isnt normal right? Im not normally anxious unless its the day after taking xanax.

I wouldn't say it's normal but it's not unheard of either. It's called rebound anxiety and mostly happens to people with anxiety disorders.

It all depends on how sensitive a persons system is. A one shot 2 mg Xanax bar is a lot of Xanax for a benzodiazepine naïve person. ^^ As first poster pointed out it could be rebound anxiety, or you could simply be focusing on it too much. Relax. You'll be back to normal within a day or so.

I'm not really worried just thought it was strange. Had a smaller dose (1.5mg) tonight and it was much smoother this morning. I guess my first dose was a bit high, like me lol.

that is rebound anxiety
that my friend is why people tend to abuse xanax because of the rebound anxiety
experiencing WD after one day has a .00001% chance of happening
rebound anxiety sometimes happens if i take it more than 3 times in a week but i end up putting up with the rebound anxiety and it goes away after a day or 2 days at most
youll be ok

Bro, it is completely normal... you still probably have a tad bit leaving your system.

I experience this situation with adderall, I take adderall for weeks at a time (Im prescribed it) And then when i stop, the next 2-3 days im sluggish and just have like no energy.
Same with Benzos... If I just take 1 BAR, the next day im sluggish and just still kind of out of it. U dont feel sick or anything u just feel , tired as fuck.

^??? Adderall is a stimulant medication, completely different from the tranquilizer xanax. If you're experiencing fatigue the day after using xanax, it's not withdrawal.

OP wasn't clear whether or not they habitually use xanax, or whether it indeed took one use for them to feel this way.

I experienced rebound anxiety from xanax just taking it as prescribed 3-5 days per week, and it certainly took more than a couple days to feel normal again--I'd say about two weeks.

You basically have two options: continue using the substance (with the possibility of becoming entirely physically and mentally dependent on it), or stop using it. Xanax withdrawal, even from a small dose, is quite severe. I'd recommend you check out early.

^??? Adderall is a stimulant medication, completely different from the tranquilizer xanax. If you're experiencing fatigue the day after using xanax, it's not withdrawal.

OP wasn't clear whether or not they habitually use xanax, or whether it indeed took one use for them to feel this way.

I experienced rebound anxiety from xanax just taking it as prescribed 3-5 days per week, and it certainly took more than a couple days to feel normal again--I'd say about two weeks.

You basically have two options: continue using the substance (with the possibility of becoming entirely physically and mentally dependent on it), or stop using it. Xanax withdrawal, even from a small dose, is quite severe. I'd recommend you check out early.

Um I know adderall is a stimulant, Im just saying that It happens with adderall for me same as xanax i feel tired/ slow / sluggish/ unmotivated the day after single use for xanax