• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos is it normal to be light headed the day AFTER xanax? or did i do something wrong?

lokidoki

Bluelighter
I've never had a benzo before and my tolerance to things is always low. I had some 0.25 xanax pills and read that the usual recreational starting dose was 1mg. So I took 4 of them. It was all well and fine, although I ended up falling asleep for like an hour where I wasnt supposed to. I did take my usual dose of clonidine before actually going to bed (it's only 0.1 but usually knocks me out as well) because I'm trying to get through hydrocodone withdrawals. Next morning the relaxation of the xanax was gone, but everytime I moved my head the room kind of spun and I felt a bit nauseous. Did I start off with too high of a dose or should I not have mixed it with the clonidine? Or is that just normal?

You used way more than needed. One tablet would have probably done the job. You're feeling the typical benzo hangover. I strongly suggest you not use benzos recreationally, it's the one drug where I'd suggest alcohol as an equivalent intoxicant. It's terrible stuff to become dependent upon. Worse than dope.

Watch the clonidine, it's habit forming too. I like to add it to my daily stack of intoxicants but I rarely do b/c I don't need another dependency.

You used way more than needed. One tablet would have probably done the job. You're feeling the typical benzo hangover. I strongly suggest you not use benzos recreationally, it's the one drug where I'd suggest alcohol as an equivalent intoxicant. It's terrible stuff to become dependent upon. Worse than dope.

Watch the clonidine, it's habit forming too. I like to add it to my daily stack of intoxicants but I rarely do b/c I don't need another dependency.

I agree that it was probably a bad idea considering I've never taken benzos at all and I had no idea how my body would react. Don't really care for alcohol due to its unpleasant effects and I had heard xanax is pretty much being drunk without the bad part so I was like "sounds like a plan"! Had no idea you could get a hangover from it though. I've heard it can be really addictive though and I'm struggling with an opiate addiction and maybe I was thinking I could trade one for the other because the opiate withdrawals have been pretty damn shitty.

Clonidine was habit forming? I had no idea it could be.

Well thanks for the advice! I guess I'll cross xanax off my list of things to get too attached to. Definitely don't want a dependency on it if it could mean a hang over the next day. Thats why I loved norco -- no day after side effects!

Uh, watch out - you're writing about trading of habits - opioid w/ds are manageable alone, benzo w/ds can and have killed many people. Just saying' do your research here and best wishes, please always try to use the best harm reduction practices you are able to, there's a ton of info right here to help you out if you decided to continue to use. I'm assuming you IV, but even if you don't - there's good info here to help you manage your habit, reduce it, end it, etc... but switching to benzos - please don't do that to yourself.

The medical community isn't prepared to handle the incoming flood of benzo addicted people, you don't want to be a guinea pig of the addiction treatment industry, people's brains have been figuratively fried by those outfits when dealing with benzo habits.

Best wishes.