• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

is it just me or is XTC losing popularity

Talking to younger friends (high school age) and I definitely can see E as being more popular than ever.. perhaps that's why me and my group of friends have pretty much stopped - that and no more magic :(

I've seen a massive jump in sub cocas in my area. The things have taken off big time.

It's being used everywhere nowadays, even in my local pubs and bars! I never expected to see people munted playing pool and drinking beer, but it's happened and only a sign of the times that now more than ever, ecstacy is becoming a more widely accepeted and used form of recreational drug.

i think an ole reference to Zinberg may be required here, the effects of a drug are experienced in relation to

Drug - Physiological effects of the substance, CNS Depressant, CNS stimulant, Hallucinogenic

Set - the mindset of the individual, the physiological makeup of the person and the state of their body, eg tired, rested, depressed, happy ect .

Setting the setting that the individual is in whether they feel safe, unsafe, experiencing something new or experiencing something that is perceived as more common, emotional connection to the setting or the people there; feeling part of a movement or not.

pills going mainstream is a pretty easy way to say that something isn't new or that it has been experienced so often that the initial meaning or effect has changed to something else.

its no longer "as good as i remember it" prob means more that "ive done it to death :)

socially if you want to look at this, society has set huge benchmarks for making things that are perceived as naughty or exciting able to be achieved as the difference or gap between social norms and doing deviance increases.

i think that the "more is good" mantra of society has very much rubbed off onto the pills scene where a subtle changes in consciousness are no longer the key to using substances- obliteration of self seems to be more the go :)

the_ketaman said:
^^You have a very good point there, its bad going to raves and finding out that you mates have taken five different pills. It pisses me off actually, alot, because it worries the hell out of me.

Whats wrong with that... i do that all the time.

And you run the risk of accidentally combining a MDMA pill and a DXM pill which could lead to very bad results.

I don't think DXM is very popular in Australia. Ive come across DXM pills mixed with some type of weak stimulant. But it was a once off thing out of hundreds and hundreds of pills ive come across.

The reason for a while there was so much DXM pills in America because DXM powder was openly sold online at RC vendors for really, really cheap and its gone a bit more underground to source now, and if its sourced within the USA in big amounts I think the DEA would of paid chemical supply companies to tip them off as it would be quite obvious they are going to press it into pills or sell it as MDMA caps.

Can I just bring up an alternative...?

Opiates... seriously.... 20-40mg oxycontine. with maybe a 'point of speed'? "Pills" are such an outdated thing. Who knows what you're getting. MDMA should be sold as a powder IMHO...

She'd probably like speedy ones then, ones with speed and low to medium dose MDMA. Which you take 1.5 minimum, then top up on the peak.

I know people who hate the effects of MDMA, because they use pills for a social thing. And dont want to look smacked out but enjoy a low dose of MDMA with speed.

pills losing popularity? Not around here. And pills that we get seem to be pretty top notch most the time. No shit speed or ket ones very often. I cant complain except about the price, but that continues to drop over the yrs. 10-15 yrs back they were twice the price.

madmick19 said:
its no longer "as good as i remember it" prob means more that "ive done it to death :)

While that does apply to a lot of people it's not the only reason people don't enjoy it as much as they used to. I don't take them much anymore due to poor pill quality... time and time again I've found the pills lots of people think are good these days just aren't :(

They even the good ones seem half the strength as what we began with.

The declining popularity of pills, and the increasing popularity of wanker powder (coke) in the UK is affecting the club scene, making it unfriendly and aggressive. Gone are the days where the most bother you'd get is from unwanted cuddles and love you's from a pilled up cyberkid (candyraver - virtually obsolete in UK now). The atmosphere is a lot less friendly, even aggressive depending on the night (PVD in Newcastle on Friday being an example - full of chav's, who I can only compare to what you call bogans). From going on the old clubbing message boards from back home, theft is becoming a problem - every week theres a tale or someones bag/camera/jacket getting stolen!