• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is it illegal to travel with expired dexedrine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icebreakers

Greenlighter
I have prescribed dextroamphetamine that expired a couple of years ago. I dont take it all the time so I have some left over. I am going on vacation to a resort in mexico and am wondering if I can still take it with me. I dont want to end up in a mexican jail for having a few pills because the bottle says "discard after:11/2015" or whatever the date is. So am I good to go since I have a legal rx bottle for it? Or would the drug dogs sniff it out and upon looking at the bottle, would I be in trouble?

I think that's something I wouldn't want to take through customs.

No offense but this to me sounds like how you end up on a episode of Locked Up Abroad.

I could be wrong but it sounds like a very bad idea.

I personally wouldn't worry about it. I've taken worse on planes before (50 hits of acid for example). All they really care about it electronics and liquid. There is certainly risk however... you'll have to decide if its worth that risk.

You’re fine. It’s still prescribed to you.

I doubt cops will care.

Why aren’t you eating them?

So would it be better if I take the RX bottle with my name, dr, drug and expired date on it with 2 or 3 pills (all I will need), or better if I take the 2 or 3 pills and put them in my bottle of crestor (they look almost the same) - or would drug dogs sniff them out once I go thru customs at the mexican airport?

We really can't advise you on how to sneak drugs through terminals. Also when dealing with differening airports and TSA's speculation is as good as it's gonna get. Still wish you good luck though.

Yeah it feels kinda tricky.
They are legal, and prescribed to me but I dont want to get into a bind just because they expired. I will probably just not bring them and deal with things. :(

This really falls into legal categories and are against the rules.... If you get in trouble because someone said you be fine it's a liability question, which usually the staff is on top of calling out.

Again unless the current bottle is an active prescription you could still have issues depending where you travel as some just won't care and put you in jail like you're a drug smuggler. Really is the minor possible benefit worth the very real and extreme repercussion such as jail time in a foreign land? Just don't bring it. They definitely will look at it if it's in the bottle and if it's possible the throw date they will likely throw it away if they don't get you in trouble.

You're making the right choice not bringing them... Maybe you can find a Mexican pharmacy or just find some meth down there

OK, taco, I'm going to close this on your suggestion.

You suggested, no need to RP.

No legal stuff in OD, no tips on getting your drugs through inspections or customs.

Status
Not open for further replies.