• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is it illegal to consume DXM recreationally?

the highest dosage ive done is 600mg, or one full bottle of DX
my lowest dosage has been 300mg

im a rather heavy dude tho.. 100kg
a really small chik friend, 50kgs or so, she had a really bad trip
on only 200mg

EDIT - ops posted under my gf's account, actually Witch Doctor here :)

Last edited:
kool im 92kg and have about 3/4 or a whole a a time..
the other week i was at a party and i rekon cos i had major stimulants such as wiked lights and very loud music i tripped so much harder. i thought for a second that i wasn't going to come back from it. it was like i was on a different plane of existance , like i wasn't able to talk to my friends. now that ive learn't that i can. I very much liked it.
my gf takes 1/4 of a bottle and still trips hard.

If you've never tried DXM before, start low. It lasts for 6-8 hours, and the effects vary significantly with increasing dose. A low dose like 100-150mg can be euphoric and enjoyable as a first attempt IMO, though being a 'first plateau' dose for most people there will be little to no visuals or trippiness as such. Higher plateau doses will have markedly different effects, which you may or may not enjoy - check the DXM FAQ I linked above for more info.

BigTrancer :)

so why dont the cops do something about those damn kidz in <insert_local_mall> walking around sniffing paint all day ??

Theres things called 'plateaus' with the DXM experience, theres four of them and each vary HUGELY, first plateau can be achieved with 100-250mg, this plateau just feels like your body is drunk, theres a slight cognitive alteration, nothing significant though... theres also music euphoria and 'time feels slow' feeling..

Second plateau 300mg -600mg is completly different, you will start to notice that your body is being pulled to the ground, you start having CEV and maybe an OEV or two.. this stage will make your eyes blurry, so forget trying to read anything... this is a nice recreational stage, which i recommend with a nice smoke of ganja at the one hour mark to kick start the disassociative experience... Personally i cant do DXM without weed, it brings out all the psychedelia...

Third Plateau - SHAMANIC, 600mg-900mg... this is not recreational, this stage is for people who want to achieve a true dissassociative state, you WILL experience visions and you will most likely be frightened if your not in the correct mind state... DXM produces a world which is hard to grasp, and with third plateau, you will be very confused..

Fourth Plateau - Commonly known as plateau sigma, COMPLETE SEPERATION OF MIND AND BODY..

for first timers, i recommend no more then 300mg, and keep some ganja around to help improve your trip..

BTW Benadryl dry forte is fucking disgusting, if you think its not bad then there must be something wrong with your mouth..

Robotussin DX which is cherry flavoured, is drinkable... and i find the high to be more euphoric with a less body load..

actually, plateau sigma is not the fourth plateau, its considered a 'higher' plateau than the 4th and very dangerous and difficult to acheive. fourth plateau is reached by taking a high dose... to reach plateau sigma you have to consume very precise amounts of DXM over an extended period of time. it something like ... take a low 2nd dose, repeat 3 hours later, then after 3 more hours take a high second/low 3rd dose. now instead of coming down through the 3rd plateau to baseline, you might acheive plateau sigma. its basically like 4th plateau where people report contact with aliens or other wierd shit, but it happens with your eyes open and your walking around.

its not recomended at all by the FAQ, it rapes your brain and over half of people who did it didnt like it. and im guessing to take your usage that far you must really like DXM... so thats half of people who actually enjoy the drug dont like plateau sigma.

oh and the faq reccomends you dont try it unless your in your mid 20's, otherwise you probably arent prepeared for it and are at increased risk of unpleasantness/ psychotic breaks

oh and ALL syrups pale in comparison to agent lemon made up with citric acid... tastes like super sour warheads encrusted in meth. YUMMO :) but its better than that cherry shite and it feels great not having a stomach full of syrup.

Last edited:
Well, I did it, I first heard about DXM last night did a quick search and rushed out and did it without planning propperly or getting all the info (I'm such a squid I know) Anyway, I saw people were reporting good effects on 150 so I went out and bought a bottle of robotussin DX and drank the lot (So fucking gross) .
Anyway, I had finished the bottle and was starting to feal pretty fucked when this thought occured to me "FUCK!! Was that 150 of Robotussin or 150 of DXM I was ment to take!!???) I totally freaked out and grabbed a calculater and worked out I had taken a 600mg dose of DXM. Then I remembered people saying they did that much so I relaxed a bit but not before I had a good chuck in the toilet which I needed to do anyway.

Experence? Hard to say how much I actually ingested and absorbed but I found it myself to be a feeling of disassociation and confusion without any of the euphoria, Also I only peaked for a couple of hours early on then plateau'd.
Maybe a larger dose would have improved the effect or mixing with weed which I personally have a nasty history with and tend not to touch now.
I was also pretty tired when I did it which wouldn't have helped.
24hours later as I write this I am still feeling pretty groggy, though I did take 2.5mg diazapam to get to sleep.
Overall? Who the fuck knows, to many variables too little info, being tired, etc. I was on my own also, I wonder if it would be different (re: better) with another person.
Might do it agin under different circumstances

its probly good you didn't completely digest that muchman. fuck doing that much on your first time.
its always good to have friends around when doing drugs not just for fun but for safety. spes with such a mind altering drug as dxm.

Actually the difference between 4th plateau and plateau sigma, is anaesthesia...

People who reach Sigma, most of the time have gone past the sub-aneasthetic dosages and go into complete aneathesia... 3 grams is the supposed OD limit, so anything from 2.5 to 3 grams im guessing you would achieve near aneasthesia or death..

Deaths have been reported at Sigma levels, And by the way, Redosing DXM is a grey area... The risks both mentally and physically are dramatically different when using the redose method.

I've done the cough syrup thing and for god's sake get your hands on the powder. You can do it up in convenient capsules. The whole experience is better especially as you don't have a stomach full of goop.

You need to ease into DXM. If you start high you'll get disoriented.

Do 200-300mg's a few times and then move up slowly.

Pot is a necessity.

Well, I did it, I first heard about DXM last night did a quick search and rushed out and did it without planning propperly or getting all the info (I'm such a squid I know)
Squid is not the word for it. Ever hear the expression "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"?
Anyway, I saw people were reporting good effects on 150 so I went out and bought a bottle of robotussin DX and drank the lot [...] Anyway, I had finished the bottle and was starting to feal pretty fucked when this thought occured to me "FUCK!!...
Let that one plaintive cry echo around in your head for a few moments... think about all the users who have had that exact same revelation just before fatally overdosing on something... and be thankful that you couldn't get your hands on information or sources for anything more dangerous at the time.

BigTrancer :|

^^ yeah I agree
pot mulitiplies the effect. kinda like getting really drunk than smoking pot.
I get paranoia from pot. not heaps heaps bad. & an increased heart beat sometimes. & axciety. still smoke it.
these effects mixed with dxm cant be good though

I recently had approx4/5 bottle of tussin about 12 hrs afta smoking about 1.5 points and it was real wierd. because i couldnt close my eyes and visualize things like i usually do (and enjoy), and i didnt get an extremely itchy head like i usually do when its starting to kick in. I was stumbling around the house totally lost for about half an hour till a friend found me. I then couldnt stop dribling every wierd dxm thought going through my head for about two hours until i passed out (went to sleep).

IMO DXM + Weed gives the trip a whole new dimension. An absolute must while tripping!