• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is it for the Drugs or the Music?

MooShiE said:
I go to raves for the social interaction, i take drugs to keep me awake all night long or ill die in the ass.

I dont just take drugs at raves, i take them at other places so its not just related to raves etc.

But i mostly go out to see my mates and be a social butterfly!

wow... you read my mind! If it was all about the music, i'd listen to it at home or in my car, not in a crowded place with people whistling and screaming and drowning out the sound.

The music is fantastic and all, but i go for the atmosphere, i go because you can dance like an idiot and no one cares, it helps if the music is good, but i definitely find it secondary to the wonderful feeling of being in a place filled with people who are happy to be themselves and who are enjoying life. (with or without the aid of drugs)

As for the commercial wannabes, well i welcome them, hopefully they will see there's a different way to live... there's not so many there that they are going to 'ruin my night' and if the few there do... well then maybe it's time to consider why there's time to criticize how people dress/look/think when you should just be enjoying yourself..... I have noticed more and more these days, people looking for excuses as to why they wont or didnt have a good time instead of just comming out and saying "well, maybe i'm over it"

Hey look guys/girls,

I'm 34 years old and only got into the scence about 2.5 yrs ago! Yes... i know very late but...... I always enjoyed the music! Always! To be honest I was actually against drugs for many years, probably up until about 32 ( I used to work as a nurse in casualty, the amount of 'druggies' that used to come through the door was astounding, (sorry that's another story). Back to when I was 32.....

My brother had been across to the UK (he's 4 yrs old than me), and got into the dance scene.....

He knew my feelings on drugs when he came back..... Do you know, it's always the way where a friend kinda introduces you to going out... I was at a pub in **** (city)., my mate comes up and shows me his shiny ticket for Slinky!!!! I ask, "What's this all about", he tells me about the dance music etc... At this point in my life it was right "THEN!!!!" and there that I decided that I needed to do this !!! (my wife was 5 months pregnant at the time) but hey.. I needed to do it....... back to the story.... I decided that I had to go out,..... I rang my brother from the pub, that night and said, hey mark, i'm going to Slinky 2003, Are you interested in coming along?.... He said to me... "what the fuck????? , I'm already going.............". I then said to him, "look, if I'm going to go then I need to go all the way.... do you know what I mean????". he says"mate, are you sure...". I said, "fuck yeah!!!!!"

So off I went to slinky and if I remember correctly I had some versaces... rather nice.... came on strong at about 3am in the morning!!!!

To come to the point of this thread it was the music + drugs that did it for me!

The music was always good.. I loved it like nothing else. but freaking hell, the drugs took me to another place enitirely! I really mean somewhere different.. it really was ectasty.......

Of course the honeymoon period took place, the next six months was full of joy and frustration.. every time I went out it was amazing, when I wasn't going out it was hard..................

It's been just over three years since I dropped my first biccie at Slinky... Time has changed., I feel mature in my drug taking. I'm 'picky' about my music ( I do listen to it at work during the day.. the joys of an IT consultant)..... and I probably go out once every three months..

I'd absolutely LOVE to see the demographics of the people that take e and go out on a fri/say night. The goss is, that there young, professional and cashed up.. is this true.. I've met so many diff/ people at clubs, teachers, policeman (yes..... my brother used to be one!!!), accountants etc...

Again to come back to the thread..... The music and the drugs go hand in hand... When I work during the day the music is great. I work well and bopp away to my hearts conent!! But do you know what............ When I bopp away it's the reminicising that comes back to me. The good times that I had with my friends that made it truly awesome!!!

Things are different now... I've got a mate, (my 39 yr boss) that I took out to his first dance party a couple of months ago! My goodness. He loved it. talk about honeymoon period. he was ringing me up, saying he's been listening to nik fish all day and have I got any more cd's... We're going out in a few weeks time for he's 2nd event! I know exactly where he's coming from!!! Do you remember those first few times when you went out... the unknown...... the music........... I remember listening to a track called "Joy Energizer" and listening to the scratching.... thinking it was real.. (it wasn't of course it was just the LP, but hey!!!!! I just wasn't sure.. everything was so new!!!) . I love to be in my mates shoes again..

Words from my mate at 3am in the morning at his first event "...buddy, I just have to dance...... this is amazing!) then a big hug took place!!!! The music+drugs in my opinion are inseperable...

enough of my rant! cheers people!

the music i loved brought me to the rave

the rave brought me to the drug

hand in hand for me =p

man i loved the music b4hand, ............... i guess drugs just let me experience it in another way, feeling the rythmic pulsations shooting through my body and mind............

like the music even more now that the drugs are not there so much anymore :)

eclipse said:

I'd absolutely LOVE to see the demographics of the people that take e and go out on a fri/say night. The goss is, that there young, professional and cashed up.. is this true.. I've met so many diff/ people at clubs, teachers, policeman (yes..... my brother used to be one!!!), accountants etc...

It's pretty true; the stereotype of the 'drugged out skint e-tard loser' is pretty much bunk in today's society. Functional, cashed-up, professional people who are occasional users of ecstacy are the norm. But there's another whole segment which is being ignored - of which I am a part - E users who have NO connection to music or dance parties whatsoever. I know lots of people who always just take drugs at house parties or at home. Some of them are former clubbers/ravers, but many are just people who've never gone to a rave or never been into dance music... but like to pop an E in the privacy of their own home and get naked and freaky with their friends, or just have heart-to-hearts with their partner.

The face of drug use has been changing for quite some time, and people doing their research need to spread the tentacles wider to catch those of us who probably never come to these boards - I only did because I was looking for info on E, never about music, and there are 20 friends I know who know nothing about bluelight, and nothing about rave music, who still take E.

It's taken hold in a whole different arena now. And personally, I think house parties and personal conversations + E are like bread + butter. They were always meant to be together. I know some people have gained increased appreciation of their music through E, but that was never what the drug was intended for. It's also disillusioned a hell of a lot of people who assume you get 'increased energy' for dancing because of popping a pill - not so. Or at least, not in the sense that they expect.

I predict E becoming a more personal, private thing in the future and meth taking over again as the clubbing drug it was born to be. But that's just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
well the music and drugs do go hand in hand. i love the music but no one has really mentioned the crowd. sometimes u go to an event and its awesome but the crowds just dead.

The music is good and yeah the drugs are great but to be honest its the energy of the people that make any event worth it or not. This goe's for dance,trance or any musical event if the crowd is dead its rubbish, but if the feeling of the place is just that pure I cant ignore crazy energy then no drug beats that. Thats what I think anyhoo so for me its the energy followed by the drugs/music. Peace LOVe and Mungbeans

I'm with SLM. I hate the music and most of my experiences with E are at home, friends houses, bushwalking or at a local pub/club.

Not in anyway connected with the rave/souless music scene.