• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Is isopropylphenidate for me?

DementiaSavantPlus

Bluelighter
I had an on/off + use/abuse relationship with Adderall over the past 5 years, with a 2-3 year abstinence in the middle of that period.
It started out as a euphoric, performance-enhancing, focus-increasing, and productivity-increasing tool. And then slowly devolved into almost exclusively an aphrodisiac euphoriant as I increased my dose (an addictive, but not productive property).

The thought of taking adderall makes me sick to my stomach now, due to my last experiences involving high-dosing and the classic (and overwhelming) anxiety about cardiotoxicity and heart-rate acceleration. It has been one month since I used it last.

When Adderall was unavailable, I would run across Ritalin from time to time. I discovered it to be better, as it seemed to be operational at a lower dose (not as much cross-tolerance and I had anticipated) and I was also able to sleep and eat. But it did induce the oversexed state that I had grown to despise, even though I had been addicted to it.

I haven't had the chance to try ethylphenidate, but I have isoprpylphenidate available to me. As a functional stimulant, for those who have had experience, how does it compare to methylphenidate? I have heard that the euphoria is not as pronounced, but that the other stimulate-associated characteristics remain.

Also, what are its general effects? Most of you probably know that reports are few and far between on the web.

My experience was pretty brief but IPD was a pretty decent approximation of MPD but lacking a lot of the hyper-focus (aka: 90% of why it's used).
It felt less laser sharp than typical study aids, more of a comfortable, "fluffy round the edges" kinda stimulant.
More functional than the Ethyl analogue, that's for sure, with less of the adrenergic "my heart is gonna pop out of my ear at some point" brutality.

Thanks, Sprout. That sounds good because my Adderall crashes consisted of a lot of perceived heart activity that was alarming. I have read from other reports on IPD that a heart rate increase is not as pronounced as it is with other stimulants.

As long as it is not of a hypersexual nature, the euphoria goes hand-in-hand with the productivity (as a source of motivation) in my "ideal stim." how is it in this department.

Also, is it orally active? Most reviews I have read involve insufflation as an ROA. I am not opposed to doing this, but I assume an oral route would provide a longer duration of effects. I am not seeking a rush.

Also, is it orally active? Most reviews I have read involve insufflation as an ROA. I am not opposed to doing this, but I assume an oral route would provide a longer duration of effects. I am not seeking a rush.

Yes, it is orally active. Haven't come to a conclusion regarding the differences between ROAs, but oral seems to be a bit weaker. But then again I have been insufflating it 90%+ of the time. I'm taking it orally now because it is starting to tear up my nose. I plan on reporting back once I gain more experience with oral administration, but honestly the differences are not too many.

I had an on/off + use/abuse relationship with Adderall over the past 5 years, with a 2-3 year abstinence in the middle of that period.
It started out as a euphoric, performance-enhancing, focus-increasing, and productivity-increasing tool. And then slowly devolved into almost exclusively an aphrodisiac euphoriant as I increased my dose (an addictive, but not productive property).

The thought of taking adderall makes me sick to my stomach now, due to my last experiences involving high-dosing and the classic (and overwhelming) anxiety about cardiotoxicity and heart-rate acceleration. It has been one month since I used it last.

When Adderall was unavailable, I would run across Ritalin from time to time. I discovered it to be better, as it seemed to be operational at a lower dose (not as much cross-tolerance and I had anticipated) and I was also able to sleep and eat. But it did induce the oversexed state that I had grown to despise, even though I had been addicted to it.

I haven't had the chance to try ethylphenidate, but I have isoprpylphenidate available to me. As a functional stimulant, for those who have had experience, how does it compare to methylphenidate? I have heard that the euphoria is not as pronounced, but that the other stimulate-associated characteristics remain.

Also, what are its general effects? Most of you probably know that reports are few and far between on the web.

Couldn't find an official thread, so I will just post here.

After going through almost 5g in two weeks (initially insufflated, but oral only the last week), I am glad I am finishing it. I started taking it to try and be more productive, but there is just hardly any focus to this. It is indeed very "smooth" (no rush, easy comedown, eating is not difficult) but I don't have the 'desire' to get things done like I felt on Ethylphenidate. Still, I ended up increasing my doses and frequency, and the last week I've been doing ~300-400mg daily. It has been relatively easy to sleep, I can take my last dose around 9pm and be asleep by 1 or 2am. Hopefully when I run out tomorrow I won't experince too much unpleasantness, but I fear it will be worse than I think.

Taking it so frequently made it lose its positive effects so quickly. No more than twice a day is what I wish I stuck with.

Since there is scarce info on this RC circulating throughout internet forums (Erowid being somewhat of an exception), I have decided to update this thread with details of my first use of IPD.

I want to preface this anecdote by stating that, about one week prior, I had started a regimen of adrafinil, which I find to be a very clean stimulant/antidepressant. This concerned me because 1) adrafinil is said to nullify the effects of benzos (and from experience, this is true to an extent), and I had Etizest on hand to cancel the IPD effects if I felt the need. And also 2) the DRI effects of adrafinil I thought might accumulate with the chemical release (or RI) caused by the IPD, either making for too much stimulation or who-knows-what. Neither of this things became issues.

There are also two additional things necessary to mention to put this in a context: This is my first experiment with a research chemical. of any sort. And I am also on a maintenance level dose of phenibut as part of a very slow taper. This could certainly have affected the experience.

I first measured out what seemed to be about 30-40mg on my scale, and dosed it orally. In about 20 to 40 minutes, I felt that tingled in my head (the "hair standing up on end" that I associate with amphetamine.) This was accompanied by about one hour of very clean stimulation. But it did not fade. It seemed to vanish suddenly .

So I decided to snort about 30mg more. In about 20 min, I felt the Ritalinesque euphoria creep up. And this soon sent me off on the stimulant high that was all too familiar. I estimated that I ended up doing 120mg over about a 12 to 18 hr. period.

The experience was typical of methylphenidate, but better. I can confirm the popular opinion that this chemical comes with less physical side effects. The most notable being there is no sense of an elevated heart rate at all. It did induce in me the same degree of insomnia that methylphenidate and amphetamine do, but I am particularly sensitive to this stimulant-related side effect.

The euphoria is very much present for me, and it is similar to that of Adderall and Ritalin. Many people say that Ritalin provides no euphoria, but it always has for me. I ended up chasing it, so IPD turned out to be a little more compulsive for me in comparison to what I have read in others' accounts.

I understand this is most likely going to be released as a new ADD/ADHD treatment. It could be better than the current options because of the lack of side effects. But the cynic in me says they just want to renew the patent now that Focalin (the most recent -phenidate) has expired, and now the Vyvanse's patent is coming to a close as well.