• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 'Is glutamate the villain of Amphetamine use? Does a low dose benzo prior aid focus?

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
I have always believed that taking benzodiazapines at the same time as amphetamines Nulled it, made it a useless experience. However, i had many instances of taking a .25-1 mg dose of benzos up to 1-2 hours prior to even eating the amphetamine and it seems the order matters a lot. You get perfect stimulation and focus with no glutamate related side effects and appealingly positive focus.

This combination is not prescribed seemingly because it only works for people whom arent dependent on larger doses of benzos and very little people know that taking the benzo 1-2 hours prior is different than taking it the same time/30 minutes before.

Last edited:
Alprazom or Clonzapam but not often do I do this. The reason I say this is because when glutamate is not the correct euphoric type of feeling, it causes for me atleast not anxiety but an itchyness for something else to quell type feeling. The benzos seem to disable the glutamate release but the dopamine allows me to focus so I end up able to spend a very long time on projects/hw with the benzodiazapine taken prior. I do need about 1.5x-2x the dosage of amphetamine typically if I use this piece of benzo beforehand. (Dexedrine)

I notice if the dosage of clonzapam or alprazom exceeds .5-1 mg the required amount of amphetamine to stay stimulated quadruples.

Even 2mg of xanax seems to make 100+ dexedrine required.

And after the stimulant has kicked in if I even introduce a .25 mg xanax or .125 mg it knocks out the stimulation and I must redose amphetamine.

I had similar results for years with marijuana smoking before my daily dose of D amp where if I smoked on the amphetamine it caused anxiety but smoking a lot in advance of swallowing it potentiated the sit down and melt/focus effect however Marijuana lowers both glutamate and gaba so anxiety had sometimes been created.

http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fncel.2015.00162/full

I feel that overtime with dexedrine use/abuse you can negate the maladaptivity of the brain with benzodiazpines or make addicts to amphetamine with wonky glutamate brain changes content with not endlessly raising the amphetamine dosage. Also isnt it a better ADHD Med when its softer on the brain yet your frontal cortex is activated? Thats what I feel with the piece of benzodiazpine prior like its an authentic integration into my day with less "feelable" stimulant qualities.

I have spoken to my doctor about this but he sees it as not quite a good idea which is unfortunate because I think I have more Salience/integratable motivation with the conjunction at this later stage.

I really do not see how Amphetamine and Benzodiazpines are neccessarily contradictory (upper/downer), seems like a patient not using it for anxiety would have no tolerance/w/d or speedball like effect with a low dosage like this specifically to aid in fluidity and contentment of the adhd patient.

Last edited:
If you're wanting to lower the amount of excess glutamate without wasting your benzos, you might try valerian root. IIRC, it speeds up the conversion of glutamate to GABA. I also take theanine, chelated magnesium, lysine, and ashwaganda to blunt my stim anxiety.

Valerian Root makes me shake like my Life's gonna end. L theanine is hit or miss for me, and magnesium is pretty darn good.

The problem is I have no benzos. In my town Benzos are abused by the teenagers so the doctor would never give me them on stimulants.

Interested in this thread. Prescribed dex and klonopin and the dex seems to have lost its power.

Interested in this thread. Prescribed dex and klonopin and the dex seems to have lost its power.

Oh well you didnt say that in your other thread.

You gotta take 30 IR maybe atleast with klonopin but TAKE THE KLONOPIN 1.5-2 hours before your Dexedrine and never more than 1 mg preferably .5 mg It should make you feel kinda like the magic of the initial amps without euphoria.

If the klonopin and dexedrine kicks in at the same time you lose and if you take them together and the klonopin kicks in after the dex youl be tearing up IN lack of joy.

But if the Dexedrine comes on full swing Overlaying the background klonopin its a thumbs up.

The feeling of Amphetamine is a lot more valuable than the feeling of a benzodiazapine on mood.

Last edited: