• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is GHB good for dealing with opioid withdrawals?

Eh whatever. At only 2 years old, it's not too bad, considering people make new posts in threads that are literally 5 years old and on, hah. Those are the ones that should just be archived or split, I think, because that's just ridiculous.

If this isn't being closed I'll add my 2 cents - GHB/GBL and any GABAergic in general (qualones, benzos, alcohol) are all great for opiate withdrawal, add a little weed and you don't even need to taper if your habit wasn't a very large one :)

Sorry to revive an old thread but just reading up on GBL in general and came across this. I wanna say IMO 8f your a chronic opiate addict like me for over 25yrs with having tried many things too help with the discomfort of opioid WDs I think I've learned to not look for an easy way out and just do it hard cause then it's more likely to stay firmly imprinted in your memory just how fucked up it is too get addicted to any of the substances mentioned above and therefore less likely to relapse not too mention very character building stuff too go through WDs that hardcore with nothing too help. I agree sometimes it is needed like in the case of GBL/GHB, benzodiazepine and GABBAa/b WDs in general because of the severe risk of seizures but it's pretty damn easy too swap the witch for the bitch so to speak without thinking your doing anything wrong until it's too late, again...

Since I am currently undergoing the most obscene opiate detoxes of my life, I thought I'd like to share my experience with using ghb/gbl/1,4b for opiate tapers. In conjunction with my other detox meds, it has helped immensely on various levels. I was clean from a severe heroin/anything else addiction for two years before I had an accident that I barely survived.

5 months ago I ordered a gram of 4-fa. Everything was going the best they've been since my addiction at 15 took hold. Now at 25, I just landed a job of my dreams, found a beautiful townhouse in orange county that my beautiful, thoughtful, and loving girlfriend of two years, shared with me. The 4-fa was merely for recreational purposes, a celebration.

Next thing I recall is coming to in what appeared to be an emergency room. Upon being lucid enough to make out more details, I realize I have tubs shoved down every conceivable hole, as well as dr's nurses scurrying about. I had multiple organ failure, rhabdomyolysis, and a crush injury.

The next month in the hospital was a blur, besides the overwhelming pain that prevented sleep and rendered my thought process 3 60mg of morphine ER, 120mg of oxycodone ir, 3mg IV dilaudid every 3 hours, and 300mg pregabalin. It barely brought my pain down, but any relief is relief. With the help of medication, I began to regain my cognitive function and for once have hope.

Immedietaly I noticed my girlfriend wasn't there and that's when my mother told me she didn't make it, she's gone. After one small, oral dose of what was suppose to be 4-fa, all this occurred. I was bed ridden for 3 more months, so every muscle was atrophied, I couldn't walk. 15 days later, I was stable enough to leave in a wheelchair. With rigorous physical training, I recently developed my ability to walk.

Anyways, this is the worst detox of my life and gbl has helped with sleep, my panic attacks, depression, and nerve pain.

Last edited:
Since I am currently undergoing the most obscene opiate detoxes of my life, I thought I'd like to share my experience with using ghb/gbl/1,4b for opiate tapers. In conjunction with my other detox meds, it has helped immensely on various levels. I was clean from a severe heroin/anything else addiction for two years before I had an accident that I barely survived.

5 months ago I ordered a gram of 4-fa. Everything was going the best they've been since my addiction at 15 took hold. Now at 25, I just landed a job of my dreams, found a beautiful townhouse in orange county that my beautiful, thoughtful, and loving girlfriend of two years, shared with me. The 4-fa was merely for recreational purposes, a celebration.

Next thing I recall is coming to in what appeared to be an emergency room. Upon being lucid enough to make out more details, I realize I have tubs shoved down every conceivable hole, as well as dr's nurses scurrying about. I had multiple organ failure, rhabdomyolysis, and a crush injury.

The next month in the hospital was a blur, besides the overwhelming pain that prevented sleep and rendered my thought process 3 60mg of morphine ER, 120mg of oxycodone ir, 3mg IV dilaudid every 3 hours, and 300mg pregabalin. It barely brought my pain down, but any relief is relief. With the help of medication, I began to regain my cognitive function and for once have hope.

Immedietaly I noticed my girlfriend wasn't there and that's when my mother told me she didn't make it, she's gone. After one small, oral dose of what was suppose to be 4-fa, all this occurred. I was bed ridden for 3 more months, so every muscle was atrophied, I couldn't walk. 15 days later, I was stable enough to leave in a wheelchair. With rigorous physical training, I recently developed my ability to walk.

Anyways, this is the worst detox of my life and gbl has helped with sleep, my panic attacks, depression, and nerve pain.
Jesus that is heavy, so sorry man. Any idea what was in the 4-fa?

There was a lot of collateral damaged caused by this vendor. Some guy in a similar situation like mine, ended up being prosecuted by his girlfriends parents because he gave her the drug. He ended up killing himself. Luckily my girlfriends parents were supportive of me and didn’t try to press charges.

Last edited: