• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Is gabapentin/lyrica good for anxiety?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I'm guilty of self-medicating my anxiety with kratom among other things. However, every time I've taken gabapentin the past it's been an amazing day because I notice that I do not feel any anxiety whatsoever. Benzos do help, but they make me black out later in the day and rather dysfunctional. On gabapentin, I can function 100%.

I have some questions before I ask my doctor about it though: Is the withdrawal guaranteed for everyone should they stop abruptly after a couple of months of use? Does it permanently affect gaba potentially like xanax use can for many years? I know that longer term xanax/klonopin script users sometimes have to be hooked on them for life (and if I understand correctly.. GABA within the brain is somewhat limited and benzo abuse can deplete it long term if not permanently).

Thanks!

Hi,
I took daily high doeses of Gabapentin for anxiety for the last two years, and before that used pregabalin for about a year.

Came off of it about 10 days ago, basically tapered off over 5 days and had no withdrawal whatsoever.

Pregabalin caused a subtle withdrawal for a few days when I first came off of it but overall it was much better drug.

I was on klonipin for like 14 15 years got cut off and was put on gabapentin, I believe it's a great drug cuz I could never take k pin how i was supposed to, I took gaba for a year weaned my self off them, I still get a Rx but I only take them 2 3 times a week, and I don't think gaba messes with your receptors to much
if any thing benzo does, I'm ranting but i believe I messed up my receptors from benzos. Ambien and lunesda has no effect on me I took 10 Ambien and shovled my driveway of snow, so your gaba receptors should be fine, just my 2 cents good luck