• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin is fentanyl pretty much standard for black tar nowadays?

uno22

Bluelighter
I'm a user of BTH for 6 years, had the same plug forever..I used to test his shit with fent strips, and it would test negative, so i didn't bother to test it anymore. now, today, he gets a new batch after about 8 months of having the same exact stuff, so i test the old and new batches, and they both test positive for fent. so i call up another buddy and get something else, and it tests positive as well. Now, this isn't the type of trash where people say they feel sleepy for 10 mins and then need more. This has legs for 6-8 hours, and it still has that vinegar smell and morphine-like high, so i know its regular tar that has been "kicked up a notch" with fent, as opposed to just fent-posing-as-tar, that has just been cut with whatever-the-fuck. Plus, for my area of the country, this would make sense.

so basically this means i've been using BTH mixed with fent for at least 8 months to a year without knowing. And possibly for years before that when i didn't test for it. I do not use needles, only smoke and use a nasal spray bottle, mixing it with water (my new favorite, saves your lungs..)

So, all this taken into account, should I even worry about seeking out a source for BTH with no fent? or should I be pretty safe using it, since i already have been for who knows how long? Everyone I know tells me the fent shouldn't matter since I don't use needles, and the funny thing is, my urine actually tested negative for fent twice in the same day after using. It's only when i dip the test strip straight in the tar water that it tests positive. Could that possibly mean the dope doesn't have that much fent in it? the test strip says it detects 100-300nano/ml.

If anyone is knowledgeable about this, I would love an intelligent discussion. Most dealers are not very responsive to the question, "is your tar cut with fentanyl?", so it's not exactly like its going to be easy to find a plug. Many people wouldn't even think twice about this, but im more on the obsessive side of this sort of thing. harm reduction is important to me.

thank you

I always wondered if modern tar had fentanyl.

The thing about fentanyl strips is that they are somewhat unreliable. I know some RC's that tested positive with the strips went on to test negative when subjected to GCMS testing.

That said fentanyl in tar seems logical as it increases profit.

I want to update this thread with something I didn't think enough about, and did more research on

the fact that my urine tested NEGATIVE 3 separate times on the same day cannot be ignored. i was not drinking a whole bunch of fluid or anything weird like that, and i had been using the supposed positive substance.

i read on various harm reduction sites that testing too much of a substance can mess with the results. you're supposed to just test a little bit, and dilute it in water. when i did that, it came out negative. but then again, with bth, i have no idea how much im supposed to test. i suppose the only way to know would be a positive urine test. it doesn't feel like fent when i use it. hoping a negative urine test in the morning will confirm false positives...

I always wondered if modern tar had fentanyl.

The thing about fentanyl strips is that they are somewhat unreliable. I know some RC's that tested positive with the strips went on to test negative when subjected to GCMS testing.

That said fentanyl in tar seems logical as it increases profit.
why would it increase profit, though? it would only increase profit if people liked the product more. because it certainly doesn't stretch the product, like, lactose powder would, for example, since they would have to use such small amounts anyway. as far as everyone I know, people who like real tar don't want that fake fent crap.

Your gear might've simply been exposed to small amounts of fent via cross contamination if a supplier is cutting other dope.
Is it possible you metabolized the trace amount of fent? Might be why youre pissing clean 🤷‍♂️

pissed clean again today

thanks for that advice

i've now read 2 different harm reduction sites that say oversaturating the test strip with a substance can cause bad results, and i pissed clean today on the first one of the day, so this batch has the seal of approval. soon onto the next one...

What kind of piss test wouldn't show fentanyl but would show heroin? I know urine tests results/talk aren't allowed here but I'm curious. The one I had to take at the county doctor's office so I could start lithium treatment tested for fentanyl

Also, how would this relate to testing heroin for fentanyl? I think it's important to get a lab test done. I've never seen heroin but it's (supposedly) all around me. I think a lot of it's fentanyl, because it's powder

I want to update this thread with something I didn't think enough about, and did more research on

the fact that my urine tested NEGATIVE 3 separate times on the same day cannot be ignored. i was not drinking a whole bunch of fluid or anything weird like that, and i had been using the supposed positive substance.

i read on various harm reduction sites that testing too much of a substance can mess with the results. you're supposed to just test a little bit, and dilute it in water. when i did that, it came out negative. but then again, with bth, i have no idea how much im supposed to test. i suppose the only way to know would be a positive urine test. it doesn't feel like fent when i use it. hoping a negative urine test in the morning will confirm false positives...

It's been like this for over a year too. Everyone can pass urine drug tests as well. Haven't seen heroin in a long, long time. Fentanyl is so cheap, they can make so much money, and if no one has heroin, no one has a choice.

In my experience, all the tar in Denver, CO AND the pressed Roxie’s (obviously) contain fent / fent-analogues. The Roxie’s are honestly MORE dangerous than the tar, because they seem to vary greatly from pill to pill (I.e this one kinda made me nod, this next one 5 hours later has me turning blue). I am not currently blue, lol, but I have been. So my vote - yah it’s all fentadope now. The China white off the dark web, as well.

Hi there, just FYI, fentanyl does NOT show up on your standard urine drug screen. Heroin will show up as morphine or just indicate a positive for opiates, but fentanyl requires a specific test and it’s rarely ordered.

What kind of piss test wouldn't show fentanyl but would show heroin? I know urine tests results/talk aren't allowed here but I'm curious. The one I had to take at the county doctor's office so I could start lithium treatment tested for fentanyl

Also, how would this relate to testing heroin for fentanyl? I think it's important to get a lab test done. I've never seen heroin but it's (supposedly) all around me. I think a lot of it's fentanyl, because it's powder
pissed clean again today

thanks for that advice

i've now read 2 different harm reduction sites that say oversaturating the test strip with a substance can cause bad results, and i pissed clean today on the first one of the day, so this batch has the seal of approval. soon onto the next one...

Does heroin #3 or #4 sold on the dark web tend to have fentalogues?

Hard to say right now, Covid has turned things upside down.

In regards to this post, I wouldn’t be so confident based on just urine results. I had a buddy who smoked cannabis daily and was able to pass his 2-3 a week urinalysis.

That said, fent strips can give false positives too.

We have to look no further than Drugs Data where the past 3 pages have nothing but fent dope. As you can see only one sample had just heroin in it. The amounts vary though, and very likely some dealers are cutting to a reasonable level to not piss people off while still stretching product.

And it doesn’t stretch product via its weight obviously but when you add some fent, then you can cut with an inert and be left with a product that is subjectively of similar potency but the dealer saves big time on using fent over heroin.

Also it’s almost industry standard in the US now cuz people’s tolerances are getting used to it.

-GC

I live in Arizona and have never seen any of my BTH cut with fentanyl neither has any of my friends. I always thought it would be difficult to cut Blk tar with fent because it's a white powder and all the heroin we get here is either solid black pieces or a brown brown powderish type substance.

why would it increase profit, though? it would only increase profit if people liked the product more. because it certainly doesn't stretch the product, like, lactose powder would, for example, since they would have to use such small amounts anyway. as far as everyone I know, people who like real tar don't want that fake fent crap.
It increases profits by an insane margin because it costs fuck all to make and can be cut down to two or three percent pure and still feel more potent than most street grade smack. Plus it drives tolerance up and requires redosing more often.
I live in Arizona and have never seen any of my BTH cut with fentanyl neither has any of my friends. I always thought it would be difficult to cut Blk tar with fent because it's a white powder and all the heroin we get here is either solid black pieces or a brown brown powderish type substance.
A few grains of a white substance in a bag of brown or black substance probably won't be visually detectable and no, it isn't difficult to cut at all and is being mixed in at the source.

Last edited:
the quality of h in the uk has, at least in the area i live, gone right down hill. i spend usually £80 pw on h and crack, that isnt a lot i know, i would luv to use more, but refuse to commit crime anymore to fund my habit, so the few times a week i do use, i'm gutted when the crack and h aren't that good. would luv to try dark web gear, dont trust it tho. always bought drugs off street dealers where u usually know what ur getting and rarely get given something fake.

This sounds just terrible. If i ever come to US i wont even touch your H even tho usually i'm running looking for it everywhere when i'm outside my country.
In EU problems like this aren't present. Most heroin comes from middle-east and through Albania, so they haven't jumped to fentanyl train, at least yet.
the quality of h in the uk has, at least in the area i live, gone right down hill. i spend usually £80 pw on h and crack, that isnt a lot i know, i would luv to use more, but refuse to commit crime anymore to fund my habit, so the few times a week i do use, i'm gutted when the crack and h aren't that good. would luv to try dark web gear, dont trust it tho. always bought drugs off street dealers where u usually know what ur getting and rarely get given something fake.
Dark web dealers from UK have had always great quality and you know, most marketplaces have feedback system so if you sell shit you get shit feedback.
I'm not from UK, but i have ordered there and quality is good.

different parts of the country do sometimes have slightly better quality h than others, tho its hard enuf for me to get the money to score, never mind get money to get transport to a different area. then if u do manage to get to a different town/city, you run the risk of getting robbed or arrested. i'll stick to what i know, thanks for the reply tho deadmanwalkin

I'm a user of BTH for 6 years, had the same plug forever..I used to test his shit with fent strips, and it would test negative, so i didn't bother to test it anymore. now, today, he gets a new batch after about 8 months of having the same exact stuff, so i test the old and new batches, and they both test positive for fent. so i call up another buddy and get something else, and it tests positive as well. Now, this isn't the type of trash where people say they feel sleepy for 10 mins and then need more. This has legs for 6-8 hours, and it still has that vinegar smell and morphine-like high, so i know its regular tar that has been "kicked up a notch" with fent, as opposed to just fent-posing-as-tar, that has just been cut with whatever-the-fuck. Plus, for my area of the country, this would make sense.

so basically this means i've been using BTH mixed with fent for at least 8 months to a year without knowing. And possibly for years before that when i didn't test for it. I do not use needles, only smoke and use a nasal spray bottle, mixing it with water (my new favorite, saves your lungs..)

So, all this taken into account, should I even worry about seeking out a source for BTH with no fent? or should I be pretty safe using it, since i already have been for who knows how long? Everyone I know tells me the fent shouldn't matter since I don't use needles, and the funny thing is, my urine actually tested negative for fent twice in the same day after using. It's only when i dip the test strip straight in the tar water that it tests positive. Could that possibly mean the dope doesn't have that much fent in it? the test strip says it detects 100-300nano/ml.

If anyone is knowledgeable about this, I would love an intelligent discussion. Most dealers are not very responsive to the question, "is your tar cut with fentanyl?", so it's not exactly like its going to be easy to find a plug. Many people wouldn't even think twice about this, but im more on the obsessive side of this sort of thing. harm reduction is important to me.

thank you
Nasal spray formula. I wish I would have thought of that the first few months that I ever touched opioids (way back in the day). I had brown sugar heroin - 8 grams to myself because the hubby (who was the user) went to jail, and I thought ‘lets try this stuff’ pfft! Anyway, not having experience, I smoked it all off of tin foil and I got the worst case of bacterial pneumonia ever. Smart idea!

I read somewhere long ago back in the midsts of can't find the reference for shit time that the fentanyl wave had missed the "west" (I think) coast cos of the prevelance of tar and difficulty of mixing fent into tar. Of course it can be done .. but it ain't gonna be done by some street dealer with a bag of tar and a bag of fent.

If you're worried get piss strips. They're really really cheap .. you'll get loads and they'll tell you if you've been using (some types) of fentanyl.

You even buy em on amazon .. though I recommend you find a non-profit harm reduction place. Don't feed the beast and all that!