• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is excessive sedation actually dangerous?

Memantine

Bluelighter
I found myself a nice sleep cocktail made out of lemon balm (gaba transaminase inhibitor), 0.225mg clonidine and 15mg doxylamine. It makes me sleep for 12 hours easily.

The thing I worry about a little bit is the extreme sedation. I really can't do anything not even if I want to. Moving is almost impossible. Also my heartrate and breathing seems a little supressed.

But.. I did it three times now and everytime I woke up feeling rested. So is this dangerous or not? Do I risk respiratory or cardiac failure during the night?

Last edited:
What do you think? You really need to do your research before you end up a statistic.

Also my heartrate and breathing seems a little supressed.
Do I risk respiratory or cardiac failure during the night?

Sound like yes. And don't forget, even too low blood pressure can kill you and what if you puke and don't wake up ?
Plus 12 hours is a bit excessive, 8 hours should be enough, maybe drop the dosages ?

With all due respect, perhaps you would be better served finding a different cocktail/substance to aid in sleeping? What you've been using is obviously efficacious, and, as someone who suffers from chronic insomnia/depression, I know how satisfying it is to knock yourself /right/ the hell out, but... do you believe it to be the best possible option?
It might be worth your time to look into alternatives; powdered Valerian root (legal, very cheap when purchased from one of the large supplement vendors) is something I've found very useful.

In response to your question, however-
I would be surprised if it were to kill you by way of respiratory depression, but, as kleinerkiffer said, blood pressure et al can be lethal too. It might not kill you, but relying on that much sedation is going to rewire your brain pretty quickly and might require dosage escalation
But, like...iunno, why not try something less sedating but equally efficacious?

Twelve hours of sleep is a lot, too; that much, without any drugs, has been linked to increased mortality rates. Tbqh, were it me, I would be less worried about excessive sedation and more worried about the added strain that I was putting on my heart eventually inducing heart disease (also a symptom of oversleeping)