• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is diazepam allergy common? Good starter dose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

den4

Greenlighter
I have a zero tolerance to benzos, it will be my 1st time with Valium. Whats the good starter dose?

Also, I have a codeine allergy... As little as 25 mg gives me a tight and sore throat, really uncomfortable.. It gives me a slight рhobia I might be allergic to diazepam... I know they are totally different substances, but I never thought I was allergic to something, so I have a phobia of anaphylaxis now.. Any safe way to test it?

den4, welcome to Bluelight. If you have never taken diazepam/Valium, I will assume you have not taken any other benzodiazepine.

The saftey margen with this drug is very high, yet it is addictive for some people and tolerance developes over time for users of this drug.

I would start with 2 Mg of the medication.

I assume you can use sharp objects. If you have larger pills, cut accordingly. A 10 mg pill, cut into 4 pieces (2.5 mg).

If you have a 5 mg pill, cut in half. The lowest pill made is 2 mg. those can be cut in half or even quartered, if you want to do a real allergy test.

diazepam/Valium is a safe medication. Tolorance is the main thing to consider. You would be supprised how low dosing works. Be safe.

I am closing this thread to eliminate subjective views.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.