• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is baclofen a viable option for anxiety and sleep similar to phenibut?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I don't mean taken all the time but it seems like it is a less tolerace inducing and more sedating version of phenibut from some reports; so it could just be taken like that, once a week or so?

But Ive also read the effects are very erratic and for some they cant sleep on it and it causes mania. Thought maybe this is just dose dependent? I have heard varied reports about phenibut too but not as much as with baclofen.

Some people say they prefer bac to phen tho and some even comparing it to a low dose of ghb.

It seems so similar to phenibut struturally that is seems like a much safer bet in terms of tolerance/physical addiction issues? the only main concern seems to be the low acute toxicity.

Also I have heard ppl say it feel 'dirty' compared to phenibut, why would this be? they are both basically the same compound.

It's quite likely baclofen cannot be considered to work the same way phenibut does even if they are chemically similar. So the are not basically the same compound after all. Phenibut rather has pregabaline like activity (VDCC blocker), baclofen too a tiny bit but it acts on GABAb much more and there aren't that many drugs that act this way. I think GHB does, but GHB also mainly works on the GHB receptor which gives it the uppity effects at lower to moderate doses.

So phenibut and baclofen do share activity, but the emphasis of that activity is very different - they are different in a major way and similar in only a minor way. Phenibut can also feel very nasty if you take too much of it, possibly because then the GABAb activity becomes relevant whereas at more typical doses probably not.

Check the NSP forum for a baclofen thread and read it - honestly MANY people say it is terrible. So in short, no they aren't necessarily similar and I doubt that baclofen really has potential to use just as anxiolytic / sedative but I couldn't really say why you couldn't at least try it.

Do not assume that baclofen is actually similar to phenibut by thinking that e.g. you can combine it with other drugs just because you can with phenibut. Assume it's different in plenty of ways you don't know, so that you are prepared.

There are not many sedatives / anxiolytics at all in my experience that are both worthwhile and not unsafe to use with frequency. Pregabaline is good, and with phenibut I was able to cycle my use and avoid real difficulties. Theanine, while weak for many, is safe and for me effective but a bit subtle.

Baclofen: med doses to high doses, yes but not for a long time; Low doses not at all. The difference is that baclofen is a muscle relaxant not an anxiolytic. It is even one of the rare that doesnt create tolerance to that effect to a great extend.

Phenibut is more like a combination of Pregabalin and baclofen with a ratio of like 4 to 1 in favor of pregabalin.
The only thing baclofen can do for some1 using Phenibut is to reduce the WD effects without the psychological benefit from it.

I was given baclofen for cocaine addiction by my sub doc... it did absolutely nothing for me, if anything it made my coke addiction worse! It made me groggy and kind of spaced out feeling along with my other meds bupe and clonazepam. But it was pretty much useless for sleep and anxiety, especially since I already was taking klonopin. All in all I hated it. And stopped taking it after the first few weeks of giving it a chance, but achieving nothing positive whatsoever from this weird drug. Also it was expensive at the pharm, without insurance total waste of money to me... screw baclofen.

Reports tell me baclofen is crap. There's nothing quite like Phenibut ! (Besides gbl/ghb/1,4b)