• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is acid now really more potent then from say the 80's?

drac120

Bluelighter
I was talking to my dad about this, and he's more or less like "Oh man the acid you guys have nowadays is nothing compared to what we had back in the early 80's"

According to him he's saying the stuff back then was much weaker then now, that the stuff we get now is 2-3x more potent. These are his words EXACTLY on when I asked him "Didnt you mention you're scared to try the acid out now?" then he replied with "Not scared, petrified from knowing how it hit me back then"

So I'm wondering if anyone hanging aroundhere... well amypme in general doing acid anytime before 1982 whether it be 70's or 60's etc has tried the stuff out now and if it really is all that much more powerful.

I would love to hear from people themselves but even stories from parents or whoever of stories of old stuff compared to new stuff and if it's about the same trip or if it's on a new level or what.

From what I heard if you don't have a good connect now and days you can get really shitty acid. Also back in the days acid was sooo widly used. Excuse my typing,on my new I touch lol. All in all I'm sure the stuff back then was probably pretty damn potent.

I've heard this point about weed but not acid - I was under the impression people reckon most doses are lower these days than then. I wouldn't have a clue though. Interested to hear if somebody does know..

Probably always been about the same on average - depended on who you knew just as much then as it does now.

Summary of Street Drug Results - 1973: "Of 189 samples of LSD quantitatively analyzed, the average dose was 67.25ug LSD.."

linky

Probably always been about the same on average - depended on who you knew just as much then as it does now.

I agree to some extent, but I would think that back then it might of been more potent because back then it was so widly used..

Potency isn't really the right word. Potency only describes the strength of a drug in realitive terms; LSD, being a single molecule, cannot get any stronger or weaker. Only single doses can be. Analogs of LSD might be more potent BY WEIGHT but LSD itself will always have the effects it does, at the weights it does.

That said, if one had, say, a kilo of LSD crystal, I would wager that todays KG would be more pure then street acid of the 60's, simply because newer synthesis routes have been discovered, which eleiminate some of the inactive or vaguely active compounds from the synthesis.

Doses are thought to be weaker, nowadays then in the past, but not much evidence supports that. I would think that the avg. that Shambles posted would probably be pretty similar. Except maybe in Australia, where doses are usually quite large :)

I find this really interesting, I've also heard the same about Cannabis. I figured Acid is Acid, it isn't like it's going to change through the years or it would become an entirely new drug correct? I don't honestly know much chemistry at all, but that's what I was thinking.

I doubt we'll ever get a 100% answer but I'm really glad you guys replied!

I find this really interesting, I've also heard the same about Cannabis. I figured Acid is Acid, it isn't like it's going to change through the years or it would become an entirely new drug correct? I don't honestly know much chemistry at all, but that's what I was thinking.

I doubt we'll ever get a 100% answer but I'm really glad you guys replied!

Well, cannabis now contains (supposedly) more psychoactive components per any weight of the plant you choose then it did in the past. THC etc. has no increased in potency: it can't.

Many modifications have been made to LSD-25, BUT once modified, its not LSD-25.

So the 100% correct answer is No, acid hasn't and never will be more potent, but individual doses may have increased or descreased in weight per dose.

from my own personal experience the quality of the doses of LSD have GREATLY diminished over the past 10 years since the Pickard bust.

Some of the other families are still cooking it, but they are not cooking kilos of the shit every few days so the market is not flooded with powerful, pure LSD anymore.

The fluff is around, needlepoint is still around, and amber is still around, just in smaller quantities. If you are lucky enough to get the needlepoint or the fluff, consider yourself LUCKY. Those are both consistently the bomb and 1 hit will do ya in for a solid 15+ hours. 8o8o

BUT, I have a sneaking suspicion that MOST of the blotter being sold as LSD nowadays is in fact some other substance. Many speculate DOx of some sort.

It is all who you know. If you miss the great LSD I suggest going to obscure hippie festivals. It can be found.

"Oh man the acid you guys have nowadays is nothing compared to what we had back in the early 80's"

According to him he's saying the stuff back then was much weaker then now, that the stuff we get now is 2-3x more potent.
These two statements contradict each other, don't they?

when pickard went down the majority of the lsd supply for the world dried up..

and to answer OP, no, this is an empty statement.
it all depends on who you know.

i can go to one guy and get decent acid at £5 a hit, its pretty good.
OR i can go to another guy, who literally gets it direct from the chemist who makes it,
and its unbelievably strong, around 300ug id say from the effects, but it is double the price at £10.

like i said, all about who you know.

haha the greatest captain of all time! the only star trek dude i liked.

and the real life pickard is a man id like to hug.

one main reason people say 60's acid was stronger is that back then there were still Sandoz tablets commercially made and they were super strong by today's standards..

one main reason people say 60's acid was stronger is that back then there were still Sandoz tablets commercially made and they were super strong by today's standards..

He asked about from the 80's

from what i hear acid was pretty good in the 80's,
In my experience it varies from fake to really good in my last 10 years of eating it.

^i dont see why that would be true.
Sure when it was being made legally by Sandoz and whatnot, it was very pure.

But why would underground cooks of the 80's be better than the ones today?

I think it just depends on the batch.
There are batches today that are better than stuff from the 80's and vice versa.