• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Is a cashless society the end of the drug business

Hitman1977

Bluelighter
As above , cash has always been king
How are we gonna score in a cashless society ?

Yeh, I was thinking this myself. Can't imagine dealers walking around with card readers.

I'm surprised that the powers that be haven't pushed this as a way to eradicate street dealing.

Everything will have to go online.

The postal service will benefit though....

Bitcoin/Crypto currency anyone?

There's an app for the instant transfer for a few years now...

Apply pay you can transfer and get money thru text messages instant transfer

Last edited:
Bitcoin/Crypto currency anyone?

There's an app for the instant transfer for a few years now...

Im wondering if this would work when you are trying to score "flaca" of some Somali-pirates with machetes on some f-up street corner in post (corona) apocalyptic future dystopia?

-Wait guys Im just going to pull out my new shiny iphone with an account loaded with cyber-cash, type in some secret codes, and then we just wait like 5 minutes, you have the gear right?
:unsure:

Drugs can always be paid for with pussy. Maybe they’ll just be a girl thing in the cashless future.

Haha buddy you're a bit behind aren't you?

I can literally make a few mouse clicks and have a kilo of cocaine on it's way.

I mean, if they ban cryptocurrency and cash, THEN we have a problem. But drugs are as valuable as gold, so they'll always be a way.

I can think of a few that the typically better dealers already allow:

• Pin-based gift cards with ATM withdrawal capabilities
  • CashApp
As far as how to do it on a large scale anonymously, it's already being done on the DNMs. Most street dealers know how to work their smart phone pretty well, someone higher up in the chain will train them all. No way is street dealing ever disappearing, at least in the inner cities barring full legalization of drugs or I can't even imagine what else. The gangs wield way too much control to allow that to happen, they may change up the method, but it will still continue as long as their product is illegal.

I’ve thought long and hard about this... The simple answer is No.

One of two things will happen. Either bartering or a currency designed specifically for illicit activity.

Right now in my circle of psychedelics and empathogens bartering is used very frequently. In fact I get probably about 35% of my drugs this way.

Trading is great too because usually both people win, unlike dealing situations only one person has all the power and control.

Often I’ll trade a substance I got for easy or cheap and trade at a more average cost for whatever it is I want. So long as you get good quality products people will always be willing.

-GC