Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is 1,4-butanediol scheduled?

shorza

Bluelighter
How legal is it to import 1,4-butanediol for cleaning purposes? I have never found a chemical that cleans my circuit boards better then this stuff.

Would it be treated as importing GHB?

I would never be stupid enough to actually import an illegal substance, thats why I am asking if it is illegal of not... :\

im pretty sure they import it legally as a solvent/cleaning solution, but i think its domestic sale is resltricted - i.e. youre supposed to have a lisence?

I think you may find that any ordering of G compounds would get you a visit, especially if they were imported. That is unless you have a company which uses such a product, in which case a visit wouldn't be a worry. Otherwise I'd think very carefully before deciding to import any chemical vaguely associated with a dangerous drug.

How many circuit boards do you have? Actually, out of interest, how many standard doses would it take to clean a standard circuit board? ;)

phase dancer could you pplease put up a link to the relevant piece of legislation??

Well i don't know much about chemicals but it seems to me that covers GHB and GBL(a cyclic ester??)but not 1,4-BDO??

You might want to check out slide 17 from this pdf (Importing Controlled Substances) taken from the Therapeutic Goods Administration. They are specifically aware of 1,4b rather than it sitting in the grey area of analogues.

wow, MDMA is trafficable at 50mg. is there any method to there commercial quantity and trafficable quantity besides slashing it from the amount of kilo's to that in grams?
i.e. 50kg comercial = 50gm trafficing.
seems a little silly. but it does make you definatley think twice about even taken a SMALL dose of something overseas with you. besides the risks you'd already face.

If you really wanted 1,4B, then why go to the trouble of importing when you can go to a local chemical supplier. I know for a fact it is sold and isn't directly mentioned on the New Drug Diversion Act (thanks Rhodium). Delay in regulating 1,4B is no-doubt due to its extensive use in industry. Just remember that if buying anything remotely suspicious, you have to be and sound totally convincing i.e. know your stuff, or a wise salesperson will pick you like that, and the first thing you'll know of it is a knock on the door.

Another possible method would be to contact suppliers of locally sold products which may use 1,4 B and ask for a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) on the product. Once you know of a product you can then decide your next step.

There we go, that's about as unsuspicious as you could appear.

Just remember, what ever your source, 1,4B will not likely come in a grade fit for human consumption.

BT, Fry-d- & apollo, this post is at least borderline on violating guidelines regarding sources. Any decisions to edit are completely respected :)

I wouldn't want to go much further than that... but really the above says no more than e.g., 'you can get nitrous tanks if you go to a gas supplier and have a registered business account with them...'. You can download MSDS from the web too. Realistically though, it's probably just easier to buy 1,4B from someone who's already got a 'hookup', unless you really want the hassles yourself of setting yourself up as a 'fresh source'. If you were to get busted with a large quantity and it turned out you had an account to purchase the stuff -- it might be hard to prove that it's personal use.

BigTrancer :)

i wasn't aware that there WAS a grade of BDO fit for human consumption! i was also under the impression that it only comes in one grade, which is something like 99% pure BDO with the residual being unextractable heavy metals.