• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Introducing Friends to MDMA

No one introduced me to ecstasy but myself. I had been raving for about a year when I caved and popped a pill. It was a friend who sold me that pill but it was my idea, not his. It was my gateway drug and now I'm getting into psychedelics. This has so far been a good thing because I'd been intrigued by LSD for about ten years before I tried it.

I've convinced one person to try ecstasy this summer and we'll probably do it on a camping trip. Basically I explained to him how it made me feel and that it isn't all that dangerous. That and at least one of our mutual friends goes to raves and pops pills too. Probably more but we don't know about them.

I also convinced another friend to try acid but I changed my mind after I forgot I was human during a candyflip. Not that that was a bad thing mind. ;)

I have always been intrigued by the rave scene long before i actually made to anything i considered to be a "proper" rave (i don't count the underage ones i went to in high school that were run by equinox). I spent a fair bit of time reading about the scene and its history in high school, and decided to do ecstacy several years before i finally tried it at the start of this year.

In terms of pressuring people to do it, i convinced my gf to try it with me, but she reacted very negatively to pressure from me and my friends. It was only once i slacked off the pressure, gave her a bunch of links to erowid and some of the more recently published studies, and told her to do it when she was good and ready that she finally came to it of her own accord.

Pressure really doesn't work, because if someone does E for reasons that aren't entirely their own, they aren't as likely to enjoy it.

I agree that when I was in the E-Honeymoon, all I did was try and convince ppl to take it with me. Now that I'm a bit more mellowed about it all, I don't suggest or convince for reasons:

1) I don't want to be blamed for bad or scary experiences

2) When you havent tried before, you don't miss it. I take maybe once a month but it is still a thing where when I had a break for 4 months, I found myself craving for it. And I wonder what my life would be like if I just kept going along without ever having tried. So I'd love to save my friends that hassle, even though there a billion positive things from moderate MDMA use as well

3) I found there is negative feedback from my friends that havent tried, compared to those that have. Those that have never tried cant help but maintain the picture they've always held in their head of drug use = junkies ie. you take pills because you're unhappy with yourself, even tho for me thats not even the case. Its hard to educate them on something they've literally got no idea about.