• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Introduce Yourself! Version: Hello! Hola! Bonjour! 你好!

tripnotyzm

Bluelighter
Hello! Hola! Bonjour!
On the behalf of the Recovery team, I welcome you to The Dark Side :)
Please take this opportunity to introduce yourself..
Start off by telling us a bit about why you're here, how you came across TDS & what your motives/goals are.
Need to get some things off your chest? You've come to the right place :)

The Dark Side is a place for recovery support, and one important rule which stands is that we don't allow any triggering content to be posted.
This includes descriptive comments referring to being high, use of drug paraphernalia, photos of nudity, drugs or drug affected individuals, self-harm or other violent depictions etc.
There are a lot of people in TDS who are at different levels of recovery, and users experencing different types of psychological issues.
So please be kind, respectful and supportive of one another<3

Happy posting !!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me start :p

Hi, my name is Tripnotyzm.
I'm 23 years old and reside in Sydney, Australia.
I found bluelight in about 2008 or 2009 and have been a moderator in Recovery/tds for a little over 1 year.
At first, bL was merely a place for me to further my research on various chemicals.
Then I stumbled on The Dark Side, and from that day I was just captivated by the sincere kindness and support that I found here.
I had some bad run-ins with opiates & amphetamines in the past. Many times I thought my life had hit irreversible dead-ends.
But, being an active member of this forum has always greatly assisted me in bouncing back to a better and healthy/ier lifestyle.. The information and support available within these threads truly amazes me, and I am tremendously thankful that such a place exists :)

Welcome, trip! ;)

I'll go next!

I'm ad lib, early 20's, and from the US. I stumbled upon bluelight when I was looking for information about opiates. I struggled with a 2 1/2 year opiate addiction (IV) and have been free from opiates since March 3, 2013.

I fell in love with BL, specifically The Dark Side because I like to try and hl those in need and provide encouragement and support <3

I like the idea of re-introducing the mods ;)

My turn.

I'm Black Rabbit, mid 20's and living in Australia. I came across AusDD back in '08 and the death of my grandfather, and a close friend, brought me to The Dark Side. The compassion and family-like nature of the staff kept me around and I found myself helping others more and more. I got my mod-stick back in February, right before the Recovery Forums were introduced and I felt proud (still do) to be part of the staff while that was happening. Such a big step in a needed direction.

I've had a long history with psychedelic use and have recently come into troubles with opiate use (no IV), which I am currently struggling to give up.

Hello to everyone, old and new! I am about to turn 60, on a semi-leave from moderating but still checking in as often as I can from Ecuador where I am currently traveling. I live in California where I am an elementary school art teacher and artist, married with one son currently living at home with my husband and me. I learned about Bluelight after the fatal overdose of my younger son, two years ago. He was a moderator for Trip Reports here on Bluelight. Previous to that I had no idea what a forum was or what harm reduction was; but through the exploration of the site, especially TDS and now all the recovery forums, I am a strong supporter for life. In my two years here I have seen lives saved from the information shared on Bluelight, but as Tryp said, even more importantly I have seen lives saved through the compassionate community that TDS provides. Isolation and feelings of worthlessness kill just as much as drugs do. I am so proud to be a part of this site, especially these forums. I do it to honor my son as well as for a community that I feel so much respect and affection for.

Welcome to everyone. Tell us your story!

Hello all <3 and now for me :) :

I'm 23 living in Florida, a recovering addict of opiates, stimulants (notable RCs Mephedrone, M1), alcohol, disassociates and my most recent demon--benzos of which I am still battling but on a successful (thus far) long-term taper plan to get off. I have also been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, bi-polar disorder to which our Recover Support forums have helped me out tremendously.

Welcome :) Come tell us your story! <3

they call me flowers which probably narrows down the search quite a bit but i'm not the brightest when it comes to how to live ones life i'm smart got straight As when i went to school and still As on tests when i didn't go and just showed up occasionally also have an IQ of 147 when taken at age 14 now 24 live with dad a g pa by choice though and addicted to opiates benzos and amphetamines and for the most part i'm pretty happy with my life i just don't handle bad news well

Hi guys! :D

I'm Maya 29 years old and a former alcoholic and was a recreational user of ecstasy/mdma drugs, cocaine and ghb. Been off drugs since last year Dec where I had a bad reaction to an untested mdma and suffered nasty symptoms. I am still off but way much better from many months ago. I found bluelight on Feb and signed up to be a member to find help from ED forums.

Last edited:
Hey Maya!

Not that we don't know each other, but it is nice to have you officially introduce your self to TDS community. As I am sure you are well aware of we are a pretty tight group, and are always full of support and alternate thought's or suggestions. Thanks so much for your great input!

mrflowers <3 it was lovely to learn about you. Even though you explained it, I can see the happiness behind the troubles. You are a lovely fellow. It's a pleasure getting to know you :) <3!

Good to see your intro Maya <3 I look forward to getting to know you even better! Skaggy we need your intro ;)

Thanks guys!!! I love tight groups! I have nothing but respect for everyone of you. I am extremely happy to be part of the team. Thank you thank you thank you <3<3<3

Hi guys and gals,
I'm Barrett, in my mid 20's, hailing from a very rural town in NSW, Australia. I have been on this site a few times for various reasons. I decided to sign up once finding the mental health, sober living and TDS sections of this forum. I am on the road to recovery from a few different illicit substances, mainly marijuana - I'm one of those unfortunate people who suffer from THC induced psychosis. I moved from Sydney back to my home town last November after an extreme turn for the worse. I've had a number of relapses over the past 9 months, but, for the most part, I am still doing my best to try and avoid drugs. I am a sufferer of GAD, SAD, OCD, depression, schizophrenic tendencies, ICD and IED. I have very little willpower, but I have a loving and understanding family that has been helping me recuperate and to avoid triggers the best they can. I just can't bring myself to tell them everything as I feel their view of me may change, even though that probably isn't true, the thought still lingers in my mind.
It feels good to just write this knowing that this is a place where people can actually understand what I am going through without judgment.
Thank you for listening to my problems and hello to everyone.

Hi Barrett! Welcome! Thank you for putting yourself out there and introducing yourself and allowing us into your world <3. I hope I continue to see you around. The recovery forums have been very helpful to my mental state as well as my sobriety.

Yes, welcome Barrett! (Sorry for the late reply).

The recovery forums are awesome - I hope you enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you around much <3

Hi my name is btmn44 im from northeastern America Im currently struggling with drug addiction and social issues. I go to a lot of raves and I don't really have a drug of choice outside of hallucinogenics but there's not a drug that I will really turn down. At this point in my life im torn between partying and going to raves and being high all the time, or trying to get my life in order for at least awhile so I can get back into school and work toward some life goals. Im not a stupid person just could use some advice about sobriety im generally a pretty friendly person so if you got any advice pm me!!

Hey 44, welcome! It looks like you've stumbled to the perfect forums :D I look forward to seeing you around & getting to know you more.

Hi peeps...I was on BL a while back around 08...I was working up the nerve to detox off of methadone after ten years of low dose use for pain management I had surgery and the dr was kicking me to the curb... After I found out how shitty meth was to get off I got mad. That made it easier though....I did end up in an in patient detox....a damn good one too.:D

But...I ended up at a much smaller forum with some jump buddies and never made it back here until recently. I suffer from depression, still have a back no body would kill for and expect to have some more surgery soon. I'm back on opies and will have to detox the bitches when the time comes. I did this with some knee surgery I had in 11. Methadone is the gift that keeps on giving.....shitty detoxes.8)

I'm no stranger to other drugs though, as back in the day, I'd take whatever someone would put in my hand....still can't believe I made it thru college but....I love drugs but I know all the fucking pitfalls....especially that drugs will turn on you. So at 56 years old I still recreate....(what u got in your hand?=D) but really keep it on the down low. Just came off of six months of methamphetamine use...

I know what it's like to want to off yourself.....I seriously wish aliens would come get me. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my family.... I like to listen to peeps, help peeps realize how good they are....(because you are). That is why I like TDS...without people that care...it's hard to believe people DO CARE.

I'm still an active on a detox forum giving back what was put in place for me. Without that forum I'd be lost in the detox closet of hell.

I have birds and Pomeranians....noisy bastards.8(

Hello BL....nice ta meecha. tooky

Hiya all, I'm Evey from North Wales, UK. Had addiction to codeine after was prescribed for a herniated disc. Used it to deal with issues that my emotional abusive ex left. Currently on suboxone 8mg, which will start tapering in December. Good to meet you all xxx