• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Introduce Yourself! v.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bob, and welcome to TDS. Thank you so much for sharing your story, and I can relate to you on the miseries of heroin abuse. There are many posters who you will be able to share with and have them understand and reciprocate their experiences.

It sounds as if you are really struggling with your back, and have tried getting meds as well as many alternative treatments. All I can say is don't give up hope, and I am sure there will be many great ideas for you here.

I urge you to stop hurting yourself, and see a doctor or a support group for this as well. The time, energy and hurt you put into this could be used to help yourself. I wish you nothing but luck, and welcome you with open arms to BL.

SkagKush

Thanks for your kind words and support. So far I am resisting, hoping to get in to see my shrink tomorrow before the urge gets too strong. I wound up at the emergency room this morning for an unbearable pain in my knees and legs, but once again as soon as I mentioned I am in recovery, the doctor suddenly had something more important to do and when he came back he just explained that there was nothing he could do for me, not even diagnose my condition. Funny thing is, he kept calling Suboxone "a heavy hitter" pain medicine, and saying since I was on that he didn't know of anything stronger I could be on. Bullshit. Suboxone is not a big pain killer. It has NO effect on my pain, and while I realize I am tolerant, I know they use Subutex as an intramuscular pain reliever for cats and small dogs. How they think that same medicine would help the pain of a grown man with a tolerance for opiates, I don't know. Anyway, as I said, thanks for your kindness. I do hope I find some help soon because I would rather be helping other people on here than whining about my own problems. Peace.

Hi Guys!

I am a 40 y/o female and a student, at my age! I'm glad to meet the group. I don't really have many monkeys on my back, except one...I am prescribed fentanyl patches because I had spinal fusion surgery. I like them just fine in the form they were intended, but, like them more when I use them orally. I was interested in experimenting with other methods, so, I came to this forum to become educated.

Speaking of becoming educated, what does ROA stand for???

Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you all!

ROA stands for Route of Adminstration, meaning wich way you let the drug enter your body. Like your question about fentanyl patches, through the skin is one ROA orally is another. About experimenting with other methods, sky is the limit. Only problem with the sky, is how far it is from the ground ;)

Anyways.

Hello Im a 26 y/o boy been a multi-drug user 11 years and a heavy abuser for 7. Being a total slave to GHB mainly, and just piling everything else on top as it passed me by. Started as "All about the music, endend with all about the Drugs" Sad. Currently in Rehab, again. Detoxed of G' countless times both on clinics and by myself. Having up to 400ml's (poridge thick) a day dose for years nonstop. So have very good personal experience with the WD's. Hope to be able to share some advice with anybody here wich are to scared to stop, after having a little taste of the WD's. (I remember i was more afraid if them than Nuclear WW3 for years)

Thank you.

Welcome to both of you, balletdancer and KarlMySuitcase.

Balletdancer you may want to check out the Basic Drug Discussion and Other Drugs forums.:)

Karl, I look forward to seeing you around. Sometimes helping others is a great way to clarify things for ourselves, right?<3

That's right herbavore. It also helps remove the feeling of all the years of experience beeing completely useless.

Thank you, and take care <3

Hey there, I'm kieko from Alabama, 41 year old female. I've been an addict since about 15, and have been addicted to every drug out there. The last ten years has been the worst, a spiral of heroin, pills and alcohol. My mom took her own life four years ago, and I was in a blackout binge for about two years there. Kicked heroin, quit drinking, but these freaking pills man....I can't seem to get that monkey off my back. Am planning on going the sub route here in the next couple of months, my goal is to taper down and to be totally sober in a year. I'm tired. Tired of thinking about my next fix, tired of being sick, just fucking tired ya know? Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Glad to know there's a place for me to express these feelings, nice to meet y'all :)

Hi Kieko (and all the other new faces :))

Congrats on kicking H and alcohol, that must have been extremely hard on you. But you know you can do it, so I have no doubt that you'll be able to conquer your remaining demons :)

Thanks Rabbit...I hate that I can't do it without subs, kicked h cold, grated it almost killed me, but I can't do this pill thing alone. Been trying, but I'm an all or nothing girl, if I have them I'm going to use every last one. Absolutely no self control. Makes me mad at myself that I can't kick this habit without help, but it's either subs or continue on this path. And that's just not an option anymore.

My name is Rich. I don't do much in the way of drugs. I tried pot a couple times when I was younger (I'm 43 now) but it wasn't for me. I drank a little, but pretty much gave that up when I had heart trouble. Then I fell in love with an alcoholic pot-head. She said she'd been addicted to crack and heroin, but had given them up about 4 years before meeting me. I had trouble with her alcoholism, but thought that was all there was, and I dealt with it for a while. Then, last month, I found she'd used coke, but she swore it was just the one time. Then, about a week ago, I found she was shooting heroin. She swears it was coke, but her symptoms (pin-head pupils, nodding off, then sniffles, aches, diarrhea in the following days) say heroin, if not both. I can't just walk away, and I need help. Google searches lead me to The Dark Side.

Hi Rich, Welcome to Bluelight.

I'm sorry to hear of the situation that brought you to us, but we will help you in any way we can. Having a loved one using is a hard thing to deal with.

Hi everyone in dark side

I'm a 28 year old male, and have been on suboxone for 8 years as a substitute for morphine, heroine. My drug worker tells me I'm doing well, but I am on a drug. And lately I have been obsessed with researching and obtaining stuff from the net; I feel I am still an addict. Eg 2 years ago I became alcoholic, although now I drink only once a fortnight.
I am worried what will happen to me when I'm taken of suboxone and know I will be able to use my favourite poison: opiates.

Welcome, dopemegently <3

Congratulations on quitting heroin and your sober time- that's awesome. I have been sober from opiates for almost 6 months now. It's not easy.

Do you have plans for getting off suboxone soon?

Again, welcome to TDS my friend :)

Thanks very much for your kind welcome. I also congragulate you for quitting opiates: its one of the hardest thing a person can do. I am very afraid of coming off suboxone, but i know i cant stay on it forever; there is talk of reducing my dose soon and i am trying to prepare myself. This is the reason i originaly joined bluelight actualy, and i find it very reassuring there are so many people just like me.

Yes you are certainly not alone here <3 We are a big, supportive family! Hehe it sounds cheesy but its true.

Tapering is a good idea; it's not the speed of getting there, rather, it's the finished product that is the goal. Keep your eyes on the prize <3

Status
Not open for further replies.